FMGoalcopy.png

Hello,

I realise this is a second forum from me but this one will be better. I have kept the features of FMLife but have now added a better skin and banner. I hope to build a successful and thriving board with the purpose of moving to a full time licensed board.

I have also appointed a co-admin to help me achieve this goal, he is someone who i have been assured is well known on the scene and has bag's of FM knowledge. Manno, I hope will bring loads of fresh idea's and help to create a nice enviroment to chat about all your fm Problems. FMGoal will also be looking for accomplished member's to take on a moderator role within the forum, Should you feel you are capable of doing this job please do contact me through the PM system available on this site, I would be more then happy to read a short introduction on yourself plus anything you think you can add to FMGoal.

As we draw nearer to the release of FM 11 i think it is only right that my board does a sort of countdown. Various new thread's shall be going up in the coming week's ready for when the demo is released. I am hoping to bring exclusive FMGoal content to your PC for the release of Football Manager 2011.

FMGoal is due to be opened on the 28th August 2010 at 6:30pm. We would much appreciate it if you would all come on over and welcome us to the scene. Until then I wish you all the best.

Thanks

By Billy @ FMGoal

You honestly couldn't have picked a worse person to team up with. Manno is an absolute imbicile and a notorious spammer - he will absolutely drag you down.

Alas, I hope you do well, but to be honest with you, I don't see the point in opening a forum when there are already so many options available. I think you've got a great passion for the game, but you'd be far better joining a site and contributing, making an impact and working your way up the ranks - if that's what you want to do - rather than open a forum on a free board (which people generally despise) and waste your time (which I think you're doing). So many people desire to run a forum/site and then open one, but fail to grasp that they need a unique selling point to make their site work.

Again, I wish you the best with it all - but I just can't understand what this forum will offer to that of any other. In truth, I can't understand why anyone opens a forum like this when they don't actually have anything to put in it really, it's not just you FMLife. Sorry if that seems harsh, but I think it's best to be honest than bullsh*t you.

You honestly couldn't have picked a worse person to team up with. Manno is an absolute imbicile and a notorious spammer - he will absolutely drag you down.

Alas, I hope you do well, but to be honest with you, I don't see the point in opening a forum when there are already so many options available. I think you've got a great passion for the game, but you'd be far better joining a site and contributing, making an impact and working your way up the ranks - if that's what you want to do - rather than open a forum on a free board (which people generally despise) and waste your time (which I think you're doing). So many people desire to run a forum/site and then open one, but fail to grasp that they need a unique selling point to make their site work.

Again, I wish you the best with it all - but I just can't understand what this forum will offer to that of any other. In truth, I can't understand why anyone opens a forum like this when they don't actually have anything to put in it really, it's not just you FMLife. Sorry if that seems harsh, but I think it's best to be honest than bullsh*t you.

I appreciate your honesty Julius thank you. I will however continue with my work on this site with the view to one day opening my own fully licensed board.

Is this any different to FMLife? It's just a different name.

You also don't need to buy a forum, there are a number of free alternatives - phpBB, MyBB to name two. You can pay £1 for hosting each month and a couple of quid for a domain name and already you'd me miles better off.

Just seems a bit strange to promise to switch to a licensed board in the future instead of doing it now when you've already closed one forum and opened another.

An important step in running a fansite is not to concentrate on member/visitor numbers and judge your site based on that. If it is for that reason that you closed then I'm not sure running a fansite is for you. It takes time to get a good, solid group of members that return regularly. Unfortunately, at the start of a new site it is very hard to achieve this unless you hit the ground running with features people actually want.

You've got to put in the effort for a good while before you'll really see the fruits of your labour.

Archived