What Do SI change?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Working in a field where results are expected on an hourly basis, and I might add, are frequently achieved...this comment irritates. Particularly when you consider the miniscule progress made by SI between each milestone.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps the pressure of your job is getting to you, hence the torrid tone of your original post against SI. My main motivation for the reply was your implication that SI should be working harder - day and night, no less - to impliment all the changes wanted by various critics of the game. I work in an area that is constantly criticised by the public, with expectations that everything we do should be perfect, so perhaps it hit a nerve with me. However:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the last few releases have merely been variants of the same shop window albeit dolled-up for each individual occasion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps FM07 to 08 was somewhat less than revolutionary, but if I compare, say, FM06 to FM08 there are tremendous advances. From FM07 to 08, the main changes didn't work quite as well as they could (confidence, press interraction), but I believe - hope! - that looking from FM07 to FM09 we will see a big leap. I don't see how enormous leaps CAN be made in such a short space of time. If you understand programming as you say, you should understand that without casting doubt on SI's professionalism.

I don't know what goes on at SI, and I doubt any of us non-employees do. But I have high hopes for FM09.

Woh this is a heated thread! I have to say i agree with the OP. There should be seperate wishlists relating to different aspects in the game. Only one pushes out good suggestions, makes the thread overcrowded and is not very good basically.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by This field intentionally left blank:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">3 1/2 years </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO. So you know SFA then. Try 20+... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wonder how many of that 20+ you've actually had experience of SI with.

Mikealdo - I am picturing you in a fight versus 1,000 people and you are still shouting 'come on then!' icon_wink.gif

I do buy into his point, even though perhaps some of it is being lost by the arguing. FM08 is the first title in the CM/FM series I havent bought since, I dont know, 99 or some such date. Not as long as some people on here, but enough to know that the bugs that appear in each version are a major let down, so much so that people even 'expect' major bugs and plan their first proper career games some 2-3 months after the latest titles launch. That is plain bad in anybodys book and I dont see any sign of improvement. I would have hoped SI could sort this out to an extent. Yes, there will always be some bugs with any game (especially when development teams can push to have them waived despite QA objections) but things like the Board Confidence is, I say this carefully, unacceptable.

Even more so when you realise SI make the same game each.and.every.year.year.after.year. You would think they'd improve the testing/development phase with such practise.

I speak as an outsider (outside of SI) so whilst their development and QA efforts may have been improved, I've not seen it. As a customer, perhaps I am the kind of target that should be seeing such fruits of labour?

FM08, IMHO, had very little added to it. Major let down for me. Stuck with a patched FM07, still having fun with it yet hoping FM09 will have some quality feature that simply makes the game more enjoyable. Oh, and sort the confidence errors out by properly planning features this time around? Merci icon_razz.gif

Love FM, love wasting my life on it. Give me more and I'll give you some cash.

Archived