[FMHi] SW19, or KT1 to be correct

Pete89

Decided to start a career thread for a new iPhone game. Only goes down to BSP so thats where I'll start with:

80.jpg

AFC WIMBLEDON

Preseason 2009/2010

Blue Square Premier

Today AFC Wimbledon decided to appoint me as manager. The Board expect a respectable league position and have offered a 34k transfer kitty and 10k wage budget, of which around £300 is free to do so.

The squad does not look paticularly poor, however the first priority is to bring in a decent keeper, as agreed by my assistant. He doesn't have any ideas at present however,and so the scouts have been dispatched, hopefully they will return with a decent keeper.

Friendly against Chesterfield (L2): It seems our goalkeeper believed he was playing Dodgeball, a game he appears to be quite good at only getting in the way of the ball once. Luckly Chesterfield only managed the 3 on target. We managed 6 on target and also slotted home 2 of them. A 2-2 away draw to a League 2 side is a sucess for my first game in charge and one I hoped to continue until my first home game.

Carlisle (L1) Made the trip south, and despite a better showing from my keeper who managed to get in the way 2/3 times, our strikers didn't manage to trouble their keeper once. I consider a 1-0 defeat to a team two divisions above us respectible however.

Our Final Pre season friendly was against league 2's Shresbury. It seems our goalkeeper has finally got the idea of his job description after conceding in the second minute, he saved 5 in the first half, and due to a goal by the man who looks to be our top striker we were even at the break. In the second half the roofie that we place in Shrewsburys water must have kicked in as they only managed one more shot and we managed to slot home another 2, giving me my first win as manager. Finishing the Preseason with a 1-1-1 record.

I brought in a new defender on a free and now have around £70 free of my wage budget.

As we enter the first day of the season we sit atop the table. Hopefully that is where we will stay.

Season 2009/10 January Update

After a patchy start we are now in the swing of things, undeafeated in 11 in the league with 6 wins on the trot, and sitting 3 in the BSP, my best player is by far the midfielder who has given me my favourite line of FM commentary: "No one is picking up Noones runs from midfield". He have the highest ave rating in the league (7.71) and is joint leader on 15 goals. I have made one signing of a DR on a bosman, although 8k was payable, and am looking for at least one DC this transfer window.

I'm very pleased with the teams disipline, least yellows (17) and the lAst team without a red (until december).

My dodgeball GK has improved, however will in no way be good enough should we make the step up, which we will have to get this season or go for next season to bring up back in budget as we are 4k over our 10k budget

Cup Progress

FA Cup: Q4 - AFCW 3 - 2 Altrincham

R1 - AFCW 0 - 2 Exeter

FA trophy: R1 - Dartford 1 - 3 AFCW

Season 2009/10 - 2010

There was not really much brought in during the transfer window, although my new DR worked wonders. The season was rather successful and we finished 3rd to secure a play off place.

In the FA trophy our cup run took us to the final to give us an interesting end to the season.

6th May Play Off Semi Final 1st leg: Mansfield 0 - 2 AFCW

9th May FA Trophy Final: AFCW 1 - 1 Barrow

After 120 minutes it was still level and it went to penelties. My Players were dead on their feet and I could only worry about our up coming second leg. Luckly it was all worth it and we won.

12th May Play Off Semi Final 2nd leg: AFCW 2 (4) - (2) 2 Mansfield

Despite a weakened squad we managed to qualify for the final and our second trip to Wembley in a week.

16th May Play Off Final versus Luton.

Going into the final our squad had picked up a couple of injuries, including my wonderful Midfielder Noone. Sadly the injurys proved too much and we were defeated 2-0.

Season Roundup

Our top scorer and the runner up of BSP player of the year was Michael Noone with 21 goals. As a team we picked up only 25 yellow cards all season, the team with next least was 53. We had a single red card.

To improve the squad for next season we at least 1 possibly 2 DC's and perhaps a GK. We have a 50k transfer budget for next season and 12k wage budget.

No sooner have I sent out my scouts on July 1st, than I get a message saying that the board have accepted an offer of 35k for Noone. He is the best player in the squad and has the potential to get even better. Had we held out for a year, or even 6 months we would have been over £100k IMO. I immediatly headed to the jobs page to make applications to League 2 clubs and was offered a post in...

Archived