FM08 - Conference and Below (players named inside)

Sonic2006

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, ive started again with Vauxhall Motors having had an unsuccessful 2 and a half years with them. This time i loaded up all players from the UK and Ireland.

Ive signed a couple of boys from this thread including Jarman, Payne, Hutchison and Hole. However ive noticed that in the first few games it is a couple of old Lower League Legends that have attracted the most attention from my signings.

If you were to search for the names Danny Bolt and Gareth Law you may or may not come across one or two threads mentioning their names. Well if not...

Danny Bolt - AML - 31 - good dribbling, crossing and pace. Good Corners

Gareth Law - ST - 25(i think) - good finishing. scores plenty.

Both are free transfers if you load all players from england. Both are willing to sign for no more than £60 a week wages.

Originally posted by Lower League Only:

some may whine bout the ethics but personally i only load English players and not Irish , Scotish and Welsh.

Sure you get more players, but little poodunk teams become fierce competition for valuable signatures.

oh i havent loaded the leagues from wales and ireland. just the players.

Some good players in this post,some i knew from 07 and some are new to me and i will be looking at them when i start my new game.

My question that i hope someone can answer is : is 08 random on what players it loads up ?

What i mean is i have just loaded up a game to have a look at some of these players only to find they are not there.I loaded a game with just english leagues running but lots of other countrys to use there players and this was on a large db but when i tried to search some players like jarman,donelly,green,walshe & oates etc none of them were found.

What am i doing wrong ?

Make sure you load all players from England.

Its kind of redundant in that loading all English leagues does NOT include all English players.

You will have to load all English players to get Jarman and Tillen.. its pretty stupid if you ask me.

Bring back the Huge database.

On the one hand i want a lot of players but on the other i dont want to flood the market

ie: on 06 when i used to load all the scandinavians there was a deluge of them showing up in the leagues.

I normally play ALL english leagues

Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Scottish top flight

Load all = English, USA, Australia Japan, Sweden, Ireland, Wales

( i load Sweden , Ireland , Wales for more cheap players )

( USA and Aus due to a lot of dual nationals who can be snapped up cheap + i want to manage the US national team, and Japan cos id like to manage the national team also )

LOL, and i play as Blyth Spartens or Aldershot

I strongly recomend loading all English players as much to my anoyance ( and semi happyness ) upon doing this I saw that Messers, Jarman, Tillen and Palmer had returned... snapped them up to Blyth Spartans.

Actually... I reserved the entire team and sold them all off and replaced them with a team 100 % from the free trasnfer list !

So will let people know how that goes !

Also when seeking a perant club I had offers from Newcastle and Middlesborough..

I decided to accept boro for 2 reasons.

1) Blyth alegedly have a rivalry with Newcastle

2) Boro had a lot more players on offer than Newcastle

Anyways, just one my first game of the season 2-0 away.

+ anyone else having closing down issues, the tight marking as explained in tactics really seems to do the trick icon14.gif

Ive heard rumors of a long shot bug, granted both of my goals in this game were from 25 yards.

The first blasted 30 yards by my wing back ( Long Shots 1 LMAO )

Mate, have just started the exact same game with Blythe Spartans and was going through this thread for useful players when I found your post. I've NEVER done LLM before and I'm SCARED, scared I tell you.

Any great tips on stuff from staff, to budgets to full time/part-time etc would be massively appreciated.

1. Dont go over your Wage budget.

2. Keep the squad small, no need for reserves

3. i dont know if people agree but i think physical attributes go a long way in the lower leagues.

4. dont spend money unless your raking it in, which i doubt it. Plenty of stars on free transfer. Also if a player costs something but isnt in a clubs first team bid £0, most the time they accept.

5. Loans are good.

6. ask players that have left bigger clubs tif they can recomend anyone from their previous club. Usually they will recomend somebody you can get with your budget and they tend to be pretty good.

7. arrange frindlies with huge club's reserves and u18s. This can bring in almost £15k a match.

keep to these and you should be fine financial wise.

Originally posted by Boskovic:

1. Dont go over your Wage budget.

2. Keep the squad small, no need for reserves

3. i dont know if people agree but i think physical attributes go a long way in the lower leagues.

4. dont spend money unless your raking it in, which i doubt it. Plenty of stars on free transfer. Also if a player costs something but isnt in a clubs first team bid £0, most the time they accept.

5. Loans are good.

6. ask players that have left bigger clubs tif they can recomend anyone from their previous club. Usually they will recomend somebody you can get with your budget and they tend to be pretty good.

7. arrange frindlies with huge club's reserves and u18s. This can bring in almost £15k a match.

keep to these and you should be fine financial wise.

Very very helpful, thanks alot icon_smile.gif

ive had some success with a gk mentioned earlier called Russell Payne from crumlin utd. hes american but has an english passport. just bid £0

Cheers. He doesn't show up on my game though! I've got all English leagues plus load all players from England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland and Ireland....

Also Boskovic, what's the deal with part-time and full-time contract? Obviously those on full-time contracts can do full time training schedules. But how do you get your players to accept full time contracts? Most of the plays (and staff for that matter) that I try to offer contracts to only want part-time!?

Is it a bug or am I just very unlucky?

Started a game as Eastbourne, tipped for mid table in the Conf South. I win the league and then finish 16th in the Conf National while keeping under my wage budget with good finances and achieving all my cup goals. The board dont give me a new contract so I'm forced to leave.

So I start a new game with Cambridge City and do exactly the same but finish 3 places higher than I did with Eastbourne, even finished above Cambridge United after doing the double over them. Again the board dont give me a new deal and i'm sacked.

What's going on?

unfortunatly its because the board think they need a bigger name to take them on further. what reputation did you give yourself when adding a manager?

i chose ex profesional, hopefully this will solve the problem. If not just add a new manager at the club as it seems a bit silly

yeh Payne is an American who holds an IRISH passport, you can also get Longo a Mid from the same club who is American with an Italian passport.

Id rate both of these and its loading all players from USA that will get them into the game.

My current first choice GK is an Irishman by the name of Neil Bennet. Seems to be pretty decent.

I normally try to get decent players on a full time contract.

Ive never been a fan of the so called "Fitness" for LL.

I just leave them on general until they get a full time contract then treat them no different from a prem player with regards to training.

hasnt done me wrong yet.

unfortunatly its because the board think they need a bigger name to take them on further. what reputation did you give yourself when adding a manager?

i chose ex profesional, hopefully this will solve the problem. If not just add a new manager at the club as it seems a bit silly

I had it as automatic, dont really like adding a new manager to the same club so i'm either gunna move on or start again somewhere like the welsh Prem.

might sound daft / obvious

BUT

I just started a new game and for a lark set my former xp at International Player

Well...

LOTS and i mean LOTS of players who wouldnt have even talked to me now want to discuss contracts !

Id recomend anyone wanting to LLM to start with this level of xp, if your into realism or w/e relax also as there seem to be no reference to your xp etc on your manager profile.

Ok im in January 2009 and im starting to gain a little consistency with my results finally. well...i say finally we were pretty consistant at the start of the season when we lost 9 out of our first 10 games but this time its a good consistency.

Ok heres the team that are finally doing me proud.

GK. Russell Payne - Signed for £0 from Crumlin Utd

DR. Danny Holmes - Was loaned from our feeder club Tranmere last season then released so i picked him up for nothing.

DL. Gerard Boyle - Picked up for nothing from Frickley for free but he starts off on the free transfer.

DC. Oliver Harker-Smith - £0 from Gap Queens Park

DC. Joe MacMahon - Starts at the Motormen

ML. Danny Bolt - Free Transfer

MR. Johnny Walkley - Picked up for nothing from Goyte

MCd. Mark Forker - £0 from Morristen but starts on the free transfer market

MCa. Zac Tung - £0 from Pine Rivers United

FC. Greg Palmer - Free Transfer

FC. Nathen Jarman - Free Transfer

Ok the stars of the show...

Nathen Jarmen - Goal Machine

Mark Forker - Bosses the Midfield

Zac Tung - Goalscoring midfielder

Danny Bolt - Noticable difference when he plays

Johnny Walkley - Right sided Danny Bolt

Other good backup player

Gareth Law - ST

William Beckett - AMLC/FC

Stuat Hole - DC

Mark Hutchison - DL

ok ive just finished 8th in my second season but still 15 off the playoffs. An improvement from last seasons 15th and a miracle considering we lost our first 7 of the season and didnt score till our 4th game.

Really think we can push for the play offs this upcoming season. Ive arranged friendlies which should bring in over 50k together so hopefully with a good cup run etc we can get in some decent coaches and maybe improve our training facilities.

Also with my squad being mainly british at the moment ive decided im going to try and phase out the foriegn players and maybe even the other british players and see if i can keep an english team all the way through the leagues.

Lost your game ???

That doesnt sound good mate

What happened ? Bug ?

nah my computer has been playing up, the game just vanished but was still apparently there in the task manager when i pressed ctrl alt del. I accidently clicked to end the game though. I am giving it another go now but Boston keep winning now so it's guna be harder.

so annoying.

Archived