FMO Help - Need advice? Ask your question here!

bell

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danny Carter:

I'm sorry Andy, but the delay in FM07 seems to be far more noticeable than in previous versions. I've played a lot of FM games online in the past few years and they've always been slow, but not too bad. FM07 seems unplayably slow though. Even mundane actions like changing between looking at your centre forwards and your left backs can take 20 seconds.

Its the only complaint I've got against FM07, but its sadly a major one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no-way 07 slower online icon_eek.gif

just sounds like you've got someone D/L in the background.

I play in two games and I've found both are much smoother than 06 by miles.

the key to playing online is to have as little as possbile running within the game and on the PC.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Da Thief:

ive made a thread about this but ill post it here too.........

........i'm playing online with my friends. is there anyway i can "hide" the plyers ive bid on in the Transfers --> Future Transfers screen. it seems as tho they can just goto my squad click on future tranfers and see all the players ive bid on. really frustrating. in real life u wudnt know who people are bidding on unless its leaked in the media.......

any ideas/tips?

cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They cant mate, just the ones they are bidding for too.

Or ones they have on their shortlist.

Me and my friend are trying to do a network game but when he tries to connect it says unable to connect to server. I gave him the correct ip and both firewalls are off.

Help would be most thankful.

Operating system: XP

Service packs installed: SP2

net connection: 387/174

ISP: OptusNey Australia

router involved: Linksys WRT54G v.5

anti virus software: AVG - disabled icon_razz.gif

Firewall software: Windows - disabled icon_razz.gif

FM Version: 2007 - 7.0

I'm unable to host a game while running my internet through my router. I'm able to do it if I go and plug my laptop directly into the internet connection.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Cheers.

Yeah the amount of times you press continue can be frustrating at times.

Your other point seems strange. Have a play about with the force continue options in the network options to make sure a certain % of users have continued before the game will continue if you get what I mean.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fersh:

Operating system: XP

Service packs installed: SP2

net connection: 387/174

ISP: OptusNey Australia

router involved: Linksys WRT54G v.5

anti virus software: AVG - disabled icon_razz.gif

Firewall software: Windows - disabled icon_razz.gif

FM Version: 2007 - 7.0

I'm unable to host a game while running my internet through my router. I'm able to do it if I go and plug my laptop directly into the internet connection.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it a wireless router? Try looking on portforward.com to find your router and configure it using their guide.

it's me again

I put a post in the main forum for it to be closed which is helpful.

I need someone who is experienced enough to help me out here, perhaps even someone from sigames itself.

I have tried everything, I have even tried running windows via boot camp and this time I get an ip address in the game status screen (different to the one shown in whatismyip.com but still no luck, someone must know????

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shergar:

Another "I have a router so need help, can SI PLEASE reply for a change" request \o/

But will this be the time someone botheres to says something icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dw champ. Finally figured out the whole Port Forwarding business on the router.

Good to see that the HELP thread is **coughs** helping.

Cheers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Your other point seems strange. Have a play about with the force continue options in the network options to make sure a certain % of users have continued before the game will continue if you get what I mean. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have tried a few of the %'s. Problem is even if 100% are shown as waiting it just sits there.

Sometimes someone clicking waiting kicks it into action, otherwise I have to click continue on the server.

Does it matter if the server doesnt have anyone playing on it ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mendosa:

it's me again

I put a post in the main forum for it to be closed which is helpful.

I need someone who is experienced enough to help me out here, perhaps even someone from sigames itself.

I have tried everything, I have even tried running windows via boot camp and this time I get an ip address in the game status screen (different to the one shown in whatismyip.com but still no luck, someone must know???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your issue was :

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mendosa:

Hey

I have tried the online help thread for the past few days and have had no help in solving my problem, plenty of help but still no solution.

I thought I would try here now as a last resort just before I give up.

I am running MAC OSX and have been trying to play an online game with my brother. He is running a 128K connection and we can play online together (also on MAC OSX) however, i'm running an 8 MB connection and know the game would run much faster if I was hosting.

I have tried port forwarding and set up a new isp number, however, when I go to whatismyip.com it gives me a different ip. We have tried both these ip addresses with no luck.

There must be someone here with enough experience to help out???

In the game status screen it is displaying no ip address... thanks

???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well firstly, you have set up a new ISP number ? Whats that ?

Anyway what ports have you forwarded on your router? The correct ports are 10093 and 10094

Have you forwarded them to the right pc ? (ie the pc you are hosting game on, will be something like 192.168.1.2

The Whats my ip address will be an external IP address, ie it wont begin with 192, and is the one you need to let your brother have.

Lastly the game you have loaded must have "run as server" ticked.

Now I know nothing about macs, but do you have a software firewall of any sorts on there ? If so that might be blocking the game.

If you have all of the above set up theres no reason why the game wont work.

Good luck...

Hello All,

When I create a online game FM2007 to play with my friend, he tell me that the game is very slow at his home .

we have got no problem with FM 2006.

Any Idea ? thanks for your help

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jam Man:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Your other point seems strange. Have a play about with the force continue options in the network options to make sure a certain % of users have continued before the game will continue if you get what I mean. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have tried a few of the %'s. Problem is even if 100% are shown as waiting it just sits there.

Sometimes someone clicking waiting kicks it into action, otherwise I have to click continue on the server.

Does it matter if the server doesnt have anyone playing on it ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Emm not sure what you mean. If its what I think you mean then you will have a number of players as part of your game/server and you as host can force continue them if you have already pressed continue the game should continue.

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lito:

Hello All,

When I create a online game FM2007 to play with my friend, he tell me that the game is very slow at his home .

Any Idea ? thanks for your help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is hosting?

How many leagues you running?

Size of database?

Running any other programmes while playing?

Spec of host computer?

basically ive followed the steps for setting the network up on the FM Online F.A.Q but me and my fiend are still unable to connect our server as it says unable to connect server wen we added our ip address in so can some1 help please

Done all the forwarding business from portforward.com - at least I think I've set it all up right for FM2007 to work... Specs are:

Windows XP SP2

NTL 2MB connection

Sweex router

AVG antivirus

Windows firewall turned off, nothing else.

Have ports 10093 and 10094 forwarded. My friend who is on Sky broadband behind a router too. When he tries to connect, just the networking screen shows with the mouse icon as a ball. On my Status screen, it shows up as a new network user for 30 seconds or so then he disappears.

He's forwarded the ports on his router, and the same thing happens when he hosts and I try to connect, but vice versa of course...

What's wrong? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lito:

Hello All,

Any Idea ? thanks for your help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is hosting?

How many leagues you running?

Size of database?

Running any other programmes while playing?

Spec of host computer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello

- I host the game

- we have choose only one league

- the size of the database is medium

- no only teamspeak to allow the discussion with my friend

- spec : P4 3200 , ATI RADEON 9600 , 1GB RAM , Window XP Home SP 2, ADSL 4.6MB/S

I hope than you can help me , I would like really play with the game online.

thanks in advance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jam Man:

Does it matter if the server doesnt have anyone playing on it ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Emm not sure what you mean. If its what I think you mean then you will have a number of players as part of your game/server and you as host can force continue them if you have already pressed continue the game should continue.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have force continue selected, Ive had it at 20%, 30% and 90%.

All players click continue and it says waiting, the server has all players showing as waiting.

Yet we sit there and it doesnt continue until I then click continue on the server, at which point the countdown starts.

This happens with just one person on as well, it says waiting but youhave to click waiting a 2nd time for it to go.

hey, i need some serious help, i dont know a thing about routers or anything like that, so any help that i get could it be quite simple lol, well its like most peoples request im tryin to host a internet game, with a mate, and weve both got firewalls off and im set as the server host etc but it still wont let us connect? whats this port forwarding people keep talking about? maybe i need to do that? any help appriciated, tar

hey stig, how did u get ur server up and running?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stig:

hi,

ive been playing an online game for almost 17 hours. we have gone to play today but it is now not working and says unable to connect. i am hosting and all my ports are open.

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

make sure you have "run as server" ticked in preferences and make sure the right ports are open. i think its portforwarding.com tells you how to do it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lynchie_250:

hey stig, how did u get ur server up and running?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stig:

hi,

ive been playing an online game for almost 17 hours. we have gone to play today but it is now not working and says unable to connect. i am hosting and all my ports are open.

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stig:

make sure you have "run as server" ticked in preferences and make sure the right ports are open. i think its portforwarding.com tells you how to do it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lynchie_250:

hi,

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actuallly its portforward.com

Like many others on this online-forum I have problems with online-FM. If I use my wireless network, my friend can't connect to my game. If I switch to cable direct from my modem everything is ok.

So the problem must be my router. I have opened the correct ports, but there must be something else that is wrong with the settings om my router. What can be wrong?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by no_24:

Like many others on this online-forum I have problems with online-FM. If I use my wireless network, my friend can't connect to my game. If I switch to cable direct from my modem everything is ok.

So the problem must be my router. I have opened the correct ports, but there must be something else that is wrong with the settings om my router. What can be wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you set run as server??

Hi, could someone please answer me a couple of easy questions....

1) Is a modem a router? I have an NTL broadband modem which just works our 1 computer. It is not wireless. So is it classed as a router?

2) With the above, do I need to forward ports in order to host a game of FM2007 online?

Thanks in advance.

the problem with this online-forum is that there is no help to assist with problems that is not easy to solve. I think that the problem with routers is something that SI must solve. You cant sell a game that so many have problems with. You cant guide everyone to portforward.

I'm joining to a server as normal for a multiplayer game, and for some reason it freezes and disconnects me again and again and throws me back into the lobby. The strange thing being that it can be fine for hours or even days at a time and then all of a sudden starts disconnecting me again, not letting me join for hours. Any ideas would be helpful

I'm joining to a server as normal for a multiplayer game, and for some reason it freezes and disconnects me again and again and throws me back into the lobby. The strange thing being that it can be fine for hours or even days at a time and then all of a sudden starts disconnecting me again, not letting me join for hours. Any ideas would be helpful.

Same problem like Lito`s here. One simple question - I forwarded router ports for few services cuccesfull. But how I know which ports are correct for open to play FM07?

Thanks

One additional question - If We`re playing FM07 through Hamachi, do I need to forward ports? I can`t import Hamachi`s IP address on router settings, only my original IP address.

i want to play network games on football manager 07 bt it keeps saying unable to connect i have read lots of threads which say i must open ports 10093 and 10094 but i don't know how to do this

ATTN

For those seeing "Unable to connect" errors, you are more than probably facing firewall and/or router problems.

Refer to http://www.portforward.com on how to open ports 10093 & 10094 for routers. For firewalls, read your documentation or play about with the permissions to allow for FM2007 to connect.

I'd like to point out to those complaining; the problems all seem to be in this vein; other than a small few others. Take the time to read through this thread to find the neccessary troubleshooting. I was trying to fix it for 2 hours myself, but I eventually got it working - so the information is here.

I am trying to do a network game with my friend in Plymouth (Im in Southampton) and it keeps saying unable to connect.

I have forwarded the ports as it says but we dont have the same versions of the game.

Do we have to have the same versions of the game for it to work?

have u figured it out yet ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jacki_the leg:

hi, i want to play fm online with a mate. ive started the game with the run as server box ticked, and my friend has typed in my i.p. address. then, fm minimises itslef, and when its restored there is a message with error connecting to server on it.. we have tried using each others pcs as servers. why is this not working? is there something else i need to do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right... For all those who get an "unable to connect" message popup.

You need to go onto www.portforward.com and find your appropriate router to open up ports 10093 and 10094 (as mentioned about 100 times already icon_wink.gif) This should allow a connection. If this doesn't work, download a programme called Hamachi from www.hamachi.cc, install it and set up a network, this is fairly simple so I won't bother explaining it, get your friend to download Hamachi and join your network in a similar manner to how you set it up. If this still doesn't work, you needs to go back to portforward.com and follow the same instructions as you did before but for the Hamachi programme and not FM, this should open up your port for Hamachi. This should result in the person acting as a host showing up on the other persons PC in the network screen on FM. The Host for FM must be the Hamachi network host aswell (I think?). I hope this helps someone because I spent about 2 hours on the phone to my mate trying to work this out.

Oh and a further point, if you are using Hamachi, you will need to turn your firewall off for the Hamachi connection otherwise it won't work.

I'm currently hosting a network game with 2 of my friends. We've just had our first direct encounter (between human managers) today. However we weren't able to complete it since for 2 consecutive times when one of us was fixing his tactics the game crashed giving me a serious error note (&creating a bmp file). Any suggestions?

forgot to give my details above;

win xp service pack2, adsl 4086kbps, maltanet, the host that is me isn't using a router however one of the others has a router, mcaffee internet security suite 7, xp firewall &mcaffee firewall however on boht fm07 was listed as an exception therefore shouldn't be a prob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by no_24:

the problem with this online-forum is that there is no help to assist with problems that is not easy to solve. I think that the problem with routers is something that SI must solve. You cant sell a game that so many have problems with. You cant guide everyone to portforward. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it a problem that SI must solve? Your the one who bought the router in the first place so surely it's your responsibility to get it working properly.

There are many people out there getting online games set up very easily so it's not the game at all.

Hi,

I've started a hotseat-game at home on my computer with a friend of mine. now he's got his own CD and we want to play on over the internet. Setup went fine, all is working, he can add himself as new user. What we didn't find out so far is if we can move his old user from my server onto his computer (the client) so he can continue playing with his old stats and reputation. Moving a user from client to server seems easy, is it possible the other way round, too?

I played fm 2006 with a friend without having ANY problems…everything was perfect.

Now, I’m trying to play fm 2007 with the same friend (same PCs, same ISP / connection type, same windows XP sp 2). This is what happens: I host, he connects (via direct IP), we play for ~10 minutes and after that his game freezes… that little ball (instead of the arrow) appears and it stays like that forever…we once waited for 5 minutes and nothing happened icon_frown.gif .

the strange part is this: I tried playing fm 2007 with two other people and it worked perfectly !

Any idea?

if you don’t have any idea about this, please, at least, say “NO†so that I know you read my post.

Archived