FMO Help - Need advice? Ask your question here!

bell

I have a netgear rouer and I have forwarded my ports. I keep getting an error trying to connect. I have followed everyones posts so far and it still won't work.

I can connect my lap top and desk top to play online together but cant connect to my brothers pc?

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just managed to get 2 managers in a server. But the one not hosting was not able to create a new manager, actually he couldnt do anything but sit and look at the "game status" screen.

anyone have that problem, or knows how to solve it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirT83:

hey Andy, i got 2 IP adresses in game status screen. With a \ in between them. Do you know which one or if i should use both? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to whatsmyip.com to find your actual IP and I think thats the one you give out to anyone joining your game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have same problem.

Everyone joined my game before I changed internet provider no problem but now (even after I went to that website to get my correct IP address) can't seem to join.

Any ideas?

hello, ive always heard my friends talking about playin fm2007 online

so ive decided i want to pwn them with my uber tactical mishaps

well when i followed the manual about setting it up

i get the game status IP, and he cant connect to my server

and visa versa

now windows firewall is off, and norton accepts the FM07 programme, but it still doesnt work

can anyone give me a tiny bit of advice?

thanks

Gav

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shergar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirT83:

hey Andy, i got 2 IP adresses in game status screen. With a \ in between them. Do you know which one or if i should use both? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to whatsmyip.com to find your actual IP and I think thats the one you give out to anyone joining your game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have same problem.

Everyone joined my game before I changed internet provider no problem but now (even after I went to that website to get my correct IP address) can't seem to join.

Any ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps we can pool our resources together? What ISP are you using? I have tried everything that I can think of now and it looks more and more likely it will never work with my NTL internet icon_frown.gif

Hope you have better luck.

had no response anywhere else...so decided to post here.

Does anybody know of anybody playing succesfully NETWORK FM07 on the mac??

my issue is as follows

Me & my mate have just ditched our FM06 network game to start a new FM07 game. Exactly the same set-up at both ends. The FM06 still works no problem (in both directions) - but no joy with FM07.

We just cannot connect. Try to log on to the correct IP and we just get the spinning ball of multicoloured ball of death.

I MUST STRESS THAT FM06 STILL WORKS FINE - NO PROBLEM AT ALL

Anyone had the same problem?

Is Mac network play a KNOWN ISSUE.

Will this be fixed in the upcoming patch?

In single user mode the game is amazing but as you know, taking the game NETWORK is even better. And I want to lose days of my life to it NOW!!

I have a good idea for the people that struggle with IP adresses and joining servers.

Download Hamachi from www.hamachi.cc and set up a server. Anyone you want to play with you give ur server name and PW.

After this you go to FM2007 and "network" option. You should now be able to see a "local server" connected.

Problem solved icon_smile.gif

Hamachi tricks windows into believing the computers using Hamachi that they are connected via cables..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mendosa:

Perhaps we can pool our resources together? What ISP are you using? I have tried everything that I can think of now and it looks more and more likely it will never work with my NTL internet icon_frown.gif

Hope you have better luck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry call me brain dead but what is ISP?

I had NTL before and was fine to do online game as a host or join mate (so it is probably they only thing they can do right) but this time not their fault.

Im on Sky now so have 2 IP address __.__.__./__.__.__ as it looks. Tried both, seperate and together and no good.

Annoying cos I have about 8 people who are in a game and are not happy in the delay/cancel of the game icon_redface.gificon_frown.gif

Though i still have one small problem. Everytime me and my friend tries to join the others server it freezes. Or it freezes when we have found the server and are trying to add each respective manager.

Known problem?

so basically what your saying is Hamachi doesnt work SirT83... or else you would be able to play. I might try it though...so me and my friend have to both get it right? and even though he lives 60 miles away it still thinks we're connected via lan? what else do i need to do once I've got it?

I have a good idea for the people that struggle with IP adresses and joining servers.

Download Hamachi from www.hamachi.cc and set up a server. Anyone you want to play with you give ur server name and PW.

After this you go to FM2007 and "network" option. You should now be able to see a "local server" connected.

Problem solved icon_smile.gif

Hamachi tricks windows into believing the computers using Hamachi that they are connected via cables.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This dont work for me either icon_frown.gif

Which makes me think its a problem at my end, any ideas anyone?

QPR111: No, you are getting me wrong. Hamachi works, it tricks the computer into thinking we are at LAN. But when i get into the game, and after i allrdy have hooked up with my friends server then i get some problems. So that is a game bug of some sort, I am thinking a game bug of some sort. But I am not sure, still trying to figure it out.

Hamiachi looks a little complicated, do I really need to go that far? It looks like its mostly in a test phase and can cause system crashes????

I run my mac for music production and really can't risk installing something that will de-stabilise my machine.

In a way i'm just waiting for someone to say its impossible as it really does look unlikey I will ever get FM06 running online icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Hey me and a friend have been trying to set up an online game of fm07 but have been struggling... i have followed all the usual instructions and have set up the game... that all works fine but when he tries to connect to my game he does and then is almost immediately sent back to the network screen... Please please help i'v been looking forward to playing fm online for ages and just aven't been able to...

Please reply with any thoughts or ideas

Thankyou in advance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bab2k:

Hey me and a friend have been trying to set up an online game of fm07 but have been struggling... i have followed all the usual instructions and have set up the game... that all works fine but when he tries to connect to my game he does and then is almost immediately sent back to the network screen... Please please help i'v been looking forward to playing fm online for ages and just aven't been able to...

Please reply with any thoughts or ideas

Thankyou in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you get a message saying "unable to connect to server"?. You will prolly have to congigure any firewalls or routers you may have to allow FM.

If you go to portforward.com and select your router and take it from there.

I have been playing FM online with every issue that has been released but hav never hosted it has always been my mate that has hosted. i was wondering if anyone could help as i want to host a game. i no how to do it but its the ip address part thats a bit fuzzy. i am on a wireless network and the ip address i get doesnt resemble anything like the one my mates gets for his computer, and the ip doesnt allow anyone to play if host. But the ports are open as i am able to play online just not able to host. was wondering if anyone can help me???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gottolf:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom_H:

Argh this is driving me nuts. A friend and I are trying to play an online game. We have been playing against each other since the CM4 days and we both really enjoy the challenge. I'm hosting the game and he is able to connect no problem.

However, the game is incredibly slow for my friend and it often kicks him out (sometimes his game shuts down altogether!). This is particularly annoying when it happens during one of his matches, as you can imagine.

I've tried everything to solve the problem, but nothing works. We've both got the necessary ports open in our routers, our firewalls are configured correctly, and we've even given Hamachi a shot, but no joy. My friend no longer wants to play our network game because it's so bad. icon_frown.gif

Any suggestions for other things we could try would be very much appreciated! I'm even going to buy a new wireless network card soon in case that's the culprit (I'm probably clutching at straws here!).

(Below is the info for my system, and my friend has a pretty similar set-up I believe).

Operating system ? Windows XP

Service packs installed ? SP2

net connection ? 1Mbps (me) / 8Mbps (friend)

ISP ? Freedom2Surf (me) / Tiscali (friend)

router involved ? Netgear wireless router

anti virus software ? AVG

Firewall software ? ZoneAlarm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me and my friend have the same problem, except that I don't get kicked out of the game at random. Just every single time I'm supposed to play a match.

We have tried it the other way around with me hostng, but that's worse since he gets thrown out everytime he tries to add a manager.

This is increasingly frustrating, it's a miracle that my FM-CD still hasn't been turned into a frisbee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any thoughts

Operating system: windows xp

Service packs installed: sp2

net connection 8/1 mb

ISP: Telia

router involved: YES (opend ports 10063 and 10064)

anti virus software None

Firewall software None

I tried many things thats written here,none works,i give my friend my ip and he still can´t connect yes, run as server is ticked in,ports open, no firewalls or antivirus what so ever,still hes not able to connect,or i can´t connect to him either..

WE are playing fm 2007 heeeelp anyone?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kung:

Operating system: windows xp

Service packs installed: sp2

net connection 8/1 mb

ISP: Telia

router involved: YES (opend ports 10063 and 10064)

anti virus software None

Firewall software None

I tried many things thats written here,none works,i give my friend my ip and he still can´t connect yes, run as server is ticked in,ports open, no firewalls or antivirus what so ever,still hes not able to connect,or i can´t connect to him either..

WE are playing fm 2007 heeeelp anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try opening ports 10093 and 10094 as those were the ports you had to open for Fm 06 and I would imagine it would be the same for 07.

Guest FoCelestial

Hey, me and my friend are having huge difficulties with lag when playing FM2007 on a network. We have tried connecting our two computers through both LAN cable (100mbps) and an 1024/256kpbs connection. But no matter what the one not hosting experiences extreme lag. He has to wait 2-5 seconds every time he clicks a button. It is very annoying and is really ruining the game for us.

When also had this problem in FM2006. We don't have any such problems when playing the game single player on our machines.

Me/My mate:

Operating system: XP PRO/XP PRO

Service packs installed: SP2/?

net connection: 1024/256 / 1024/256

LAN connection: 100mbps/100mbps

ISP: Føroya Tele

Router involved: Billion 5200G/Billion 5200G

anti virus software: Norman/?

Firewall software: Windows built-in/Windows built-in

Please help us.

My mate is on a university connection, for some reason he can't connect to any network games. It definitely seems to be only for him because other people have joined, this would suggest perhaps they are blocking outward ports. Best way to check this out and any way around it??

Hey there!Hope you can help with a problem i have!

Im trying to play with a friend who lives in Britain!I'm from greece!Im doing the server i have windows XP and an ADSL connection 1024!We start the game he joins everything looks fine,but after a while his connection drops!Any idea? He is accesing the internet through university,is that a problem?He couldnt do the server!We've loaded a lot of leauges also?Hope you can help,THANKS ANYWAY!

Hi all!

I am in the States, i have two friends in UK and Hongkong. We really want to try to play FM together to 'relive the younger days'! haha. I am not sure how this would work. Anyone tried//know how to get this running, i would really appreciate your help and advice!

Thank you!

hi, my problem si this. I want to play with my 5friends but when i host the game and someone join even one player(we try it only in 2players but in 3 another, never one same player)client have too much lags.When he click on everythink(tactic,messages,..) he must wait more than 5sec simply unplayable,i dont know why it, because we have 1MB, we try it when host have even 2Mb connection and 512kbit upload but same lags.Finaly we play throught hamachi but one player tried it with other trough tcp ip and same problem.No patchs on game, no specific option, pls can someone help?i have ping with player who ll join max 50ms..thnk for advice and sry 4 my stupid english.

Hi, when im trying to join a network on 07, i get the cannot connect to server error. i have done the portforwarding thing. i am on a d-link router wireless router.

Any ideas???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dalv:

Zaibat please tell me, it was the same when you tried trough Hamachi program? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same

ANYONE WITH THE NEW SKY BROADBAND PLEASE REPLY

How do you open your ports for games with this?

Im using the McAfee program that comes with it and have unblocked games like FM07 and Generals but still can't play them online.

Any ideas where Im going wrong?

Absolutely useless! Sports Interactive are seriously going downhill. I remember the good old days when people put there technical Championship Manager problems on the forums and there were always replies offering help.

Yet on this thread at least 90% of the requests for help go unanswered.. Even worse, a lot of the questions are the same and still no help from the experts.

How difficult is it for someone from SI to acknowledge the problems that a hell of a lot of us are having in trying to play online?

Why can't SI just say, 'it is possible to have a game with ya mates online, but its nowhere near as straight forward as the instructions in the game manual.'

Or, could we be given instructions on opening ports and getting a game going.

Or, could it just be admitted that it is a problem with the game and that it will be addressed with the next patch.

I have never had such difficulty in getting an online game of anything going before, why is it so different with this game?

The BIG question is.... will I get a reply?

icon13.gif Just want to join an online game, got an ip and everything to type in and join yet when i type it in that little football things loads for 30 seconds or so and quickly flashes up details of the game im joing (so quick that i cant read but know its game details) then goes of again. the person who im joing can also see my details flash up on there computer, they are hosting. can anybody help with hat the problem is here?????

love ya longtime

Hmmmmm im not the only one with probs then. Im using a bt Voyager2500v wireless adsl router, though im using the ethernet ports on the router. I have two ip addresses showing and get cannot connect when using either. Used whatsmyip.org and this one cannot connect either. any help baring in mind the admis told me to post here as i posted in fm07 bugs and online fm07 forums but got em closed without answer, seems they dont have any as yet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paz:

My mate is on a university connection, for some reason he can't connect to any network games. It definitely seems to be only for him because other people have joined, this would suggest perhaps they are blocking outward ports. Best way to check this out and any way around it?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

paz I think your mate has to ask the admin people to open ports 10093 and 10094 and if they have any other security they will have to allow Fm through for him.

-Si- take a look at the FAO as it gives very helpful details on how to set up an online game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zaibat:

hi, my problem si this. I want to play with my 5friends but when i host the game and someone join even one player(we try it only in 2players but in 3 another, never one same player)client have too much lags.When he click on everythink(tactic,messages,..) he must wait more than 5sec simply unplayable,i dont know why it, because we have 1MB, we try it when host have even 2Mb connection and 512kbit upload but same lags.Finaly we play throught hamachi but one player tried it with other trough tcp ip and same problem.No patchs on game, no specific option, pls can someone help?i have ping with player who ll join max 50ms..thnk for advice and sry 4 my stupid english. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In any game of FM online there will be lag. It is not the same as playing solo. Try turning off player pics etc if your that bothered having to wait more than 5 secs to move between options. Make sure people are not running other programmes or even surfing the net as this can affect the gamespeed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Supershrews:

Hi, when im trying to join a network on 07, i get the cannot connect to server error. i have done the portforwarding thing. i am on a d-link router wireless router.

Any ideas??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you get a specific IP to type in to join the person hosting the game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shergar:

Im using the McAfee program that comes with it and have unblocked games like FM07 and Generals but still can't play them online.

Any ideas where Im going wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I'll just keep reposting this till someone replies.

Thanks SI xxx

Well it might be a problem at his end then if you are unable to connect to server unless others have been able to join. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have both opened the ports, but i cant join him. Will try and see if anyone else can join.

Ok, so Im trying to play FM2007 online with my mate as normal.. I am now using a wireless router though, ad I get 2 IP addresses coming up in the server IP section of the game. As my mate has a wireless router too, the same happens to him if he runs as server. When I am able to stop using a wireless router, it will all be fine, but until then I basically cant play online!

I have tried all that portforwarding lark, and it did absolutely nothing! I am at the point of giving up and playing neverwinter nights 2 instead..

HELP!

PS Is this the 'help' thread? I keep posting my question in the wrong place and frankly I'm getting a bit fed up with the whole thing now!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zaibat:

hi, my problem si this. I want to play with my 5friends but when i host the game and someone join even one player(we try it only in 2players but in 3 another, never one same player)client have too much lags.When he click on everythink(tactic,messages,..) he must wait more than 5sec simply unplayable,i dont know why it, because we have 1MB, we try it when host have even 2Mb connection and 512kbit upload but same lags.Finaly we play throught hamachi but one player tried it with other trough tcp ip and same problem.No patchs on game, no specific option, pls can someone help?i have ping with player who ll join max 50ms..thnk for advice and sry 4 my stupid english. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In any game of FM online there will be lag. It is not the same as playing solo. Try turning off player pics etc if your that bothered having to wait more than 5 secs to move between options. Make sure people are not running other programmes or even surfing the net as this can affect the gamespeed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So u telling me, if i want to play online i ll have everytime lag 3-5s?it is unplayable, and in fm06 it was all righticon_frown.gif

I’m posting for a mate who can’t host an online game; I have tried helping him without much luck. He could always host before but since he got a new router he hasn’t been able to, so I guess the problem is there. Does anyone know how to open ports on a Philips SNA6500 router?

Thanks

Guest jukesy2

How can I send a message to another human manager in the game so that they see it immediately?

Also how does the in game chat work? I can't post messages?

Thanks

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunga99:

I’m posting for a mate who can’t host an online game; I have tried helping him without much luck. He could always host before but since he got a new router he hasn’t been able to, so I guess the problem is there. Does anyone know how to open ports on a Philips SNA6500 router?

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finally got it working icon_smile.gif

In any game of FM online there will be lag. It is not the same as playing solo. Try turning off player pics etc if your that bothered having to wait more than 5 secs to move between options. Make sure people are not running other programmes or even surfing the net as this can affect the gamespeed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So u telling me, if i want to play online i ll have everytime lag 3-5s?it is unplayable, and in fm06 it was all righticon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well every time I have played online there has been lag for a few seconds. Really doesn't make much difference imo but if your put off by that then don't play I guess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tsomair:

Hey there!Hope you can help with a problem i have!

Im trying to play with a friend who lives in Britain!I'm from greece!Im doing the server i have windows XP and an ADSL connection 1024!We start the game he joins everything looks fine,but after a while his connection drops!Any idea? He is accesing the internet through university,is that a problem?He couldnt do the server!We've loaded a lot of leauges also?Hope you can help,THANKS ANYWAY! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Tsomair!

I hope you guys can figure the game out. I am too in the States while my two friends are in UK and HK. We three are desperate to play however none of us could actually host a successful game. The error is always "couldn't connect to server". IF there is some trickery to get online games across the vast ocean that you know of to get urs running, i hope you could share ur experience here for me, and the rest of the ppl.

Thanks so much and plenty of cheers to your help!

Any ideas where Im going wrong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I'll just keep reposting this till someone replies.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ive made a thread about this but ill post it here too.........

........i'm playing online with my friends. is there anyway i can "hide" the plyers ive bid on in the Transfers --> Future Transfers screen. it seems as tho they can just goto my squad click on future tranfers and see all the players ive bid on. really frustrating. in real life u wudnt know who people are bidding on unless its leaked in the media.......

any ideas/tips?

cheers

So u telling me, if i want to play online i ll have everytime lag 3-5s?it is unplayable, and in fm06 it was all righticon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well every time I have played online there has been lag for a few seconds. Really doesn't make much difference imo but if your put off by that then don't play I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry Andy, but the delay in FM07 seems to be far more noticeable than in previous versions. I've played a lot of FM games online in the past few years and they've always been slow, but not too bad. FM07 seems unplayably slow though. Even mundane actions like changing between looking at your centre forwards and your left backs can take 20 seconds.

Its the only complaint I've got against FM07, but its sadly a major one.

Archived