Brazil Box

Been looking through many threads on the Brazilian Box tactic. It seems that their is a problem in the space between the stratas. I have just been looking in the Tactics creator and found an idea that may help but I want too share it and see what you think

brazilbox.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here we can see that their is equal amounts of space between the stratas but there is no strikers. I was thinking if we put the Attacking Midfielders mentality high then maybe they would act like strikers whilst having sufficient space between the stratas to avoid possession loss.

Thoughts on this guys?

It's an interesting take on things, using a sort of 4-6-0 to emulate the strategy. I've seen striker-less formations, or some where the attacking midfielders do the job of the strikers.

Wonder if this will work. I'd try this out myself, if I didn't have a striker on red-hot form.

Could also work, though you'd get the Red Dot if they can't actually play there. I'm no expert, but the match engine might still treat them as Midfielders even with full mentality, etc, so this is still very much experimental at best.

Good luck though!

2jb2whw.png

Did not go so well.. failed at scoring.. scored only 3 goals against a japanese team with grey players and got beaten by AC Milan and Sao Paulo.

Not so good. May need alot of determination to get this working. Gonna be hard. Will also try it with Santos

This is not going to work like this. There is no potency to the attack. I can only see it working with Defensive Mids Then Attacking Mids and Strikers

What if you stagger the midfielders and attackers? Move all the left- or right-sided central players up a notch.

So you get:

RB

LB

CB

CB

DMCr

MCr

MCl

AMCr

AMCl

FCl

but you adjust the mentalities so make it more box-like.

Just off the top of my head.

Alternatively you could move everything up, and have no actual defenders, but 2 DMCs and wingbacks, probably need a sweeper-keeper.

Archived