H.A.M. Clan FM2008 Game Thread - A Scottish Adventure

alStMirren.gif

Monday's session started with a huge game as we hosted Aberdeen, to make it even harder I would have to watch the game from the stand. The first half was very even and saw Aberdeen go down to 10 men just before the break. Offiong scored from the spot 5 minutes into the second half to put us 1-0 up. We just about edged the rest of the game with Sissoko sealing the win with a goal in stoppage time to make it 2-0. It was derby day next as we travelled to face Morton. A good first half performance saw us go in 2-0 up thanks to goals from Sheridan & Pinau. We had a poor second half conceding a goal midway through but we held on to win 2-1.

It was League Cup duty next as we travelled to Hibs. We made a slow start and found ourselves 2-0 down after an hour. We then started to play and Ferreria scored a penalty with 7 minutes remaining. We had a few chances to equalise and force extra time but couldn't take them and we lost 2-1. Back to the league as St Johnstone visited. This looked like a game that we would only get a point from until late goals from Sissoko & Sheridan gave us a 2-0 win.

It was 3 away games in a row next, starting at Clyde. We controlled the first half and went in 2-0 up thanks to goals from Offiong & Sheridan. The second half was more even and a late Offiong goal sealed a 3-0 win. Next it was Dunfermline. We were poor in the first half and were lucky to go in level at half time. We were much better in the second half and early goals from Offiong & Sheridan put us 2-0 up. It was fairly comfortable after that and we ran out 2-0 winners. The final away game in this run was at Partick Thistle. We played poorly in this game and had to settle for a 1-1 draw with Sheridan getting our goal.

Hamilton at home was next. After a poor first half we dominated the second half winning 2-0 thanks to a Sheridan double. Queen of the South away was next. We were poor in the first half but went in 1-0 up thanks to an own goal. QoS equalised with 20 minutes to go. We then produced a stunning 10 minutes of football as goals from Kouadio, Bamba & Sheridan meant we won 4-1. It was home to Livingston next. We played well in this game but failed to take enough of the chances we created and had to settle for a 1-1 draw, Moimbe getting our goal.

The last game of the session was away to Aberdeen. We were really poor in the first half and went in 1-0 down. We played much better in the second half, creating plenty of chances. Unfortunately we couldn't take any and lost 1-0, with Sissoko sent off. This has left us 5 points clear at the top after 14 of 36 games. We have played really well so far and if we keep it up we have every chance of winning the league.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alStMirren.gif

We started Thursday's session with a local derby at home to Morton. A stunning first half performance saw us go in 3-0 up thanks to a double from Kouadio and one from Sheridan. We switched off late in the second half conceding 2 goals but we managed to hold on and win 3-2. After a break for international games we were away to St Johnstone. Another stunning first half saw us go in 3-0 up gain, goals from Kouadio and a Sheridan double. We conceded early in the second half but held on from there to win 3-1.

We now had 3 consecutive home games starting with Clyde. A good performance saw us win 2-0 thanks to a Sheridan double. Dunfermline were next to visit. We were poor in the first half and went in level. Goals from Sheridan and Offiong in the second half gave us a deserved 2-0 win. The last of these consecutive home games was Partick Thistle. We were terrible in the first half but somehow went in 1-0 up thanks to Cesnauskis. We were just as bad in the second half and paid the price. Thistle scored 2 goals to win 2-1.

It was Hamilton away next as we looked to bounce back. This was our worst performance of the season by a long way. We were 3-0 down by half time. We never looked like scoring in the second half and lost 3-0. It was Queen of the South at home next. We played much better in the first half and goals from Ferreira and Sheridan put us 2-0 up at the break. Sissoko scored late on to make it 3-0 before QoS pulled one back to make it 3-1. We held on to win 3-1. This put us 14 points clear at the top of the table with 15 games remaining.

alStMirren.gif

Monday's session started at home to Peter's Hibs in the Scottish Cup. A fairly even first half saw us go in level after Sheridan had equalised. We were out played in the second half, but it looked as if we would hold out for a replay until Hibs got a dodgy pen late on. They scored it and went on to win 2-1. The only good thing about this is it means we can concentrate on trying to win the league.

It was away to Livingston next, where I served my second touchline ban of the season. We played poorly and lost 3-1, not helped by Sissoko getting sent off again, with Pinau getting our goal. It was a massive game next as we hosted Aberdeen. We were brilliant for 80 minutes and found ourselves 2-0 up thanks to Sheridan & Kouadio. We then switched off and let Aberdeen score twice in 3 minutes to draw level. Then 2 minutes into stoppage time Kouadio popped up to give us a priceless 3-2 win.

A local derby followed as we travelled to Morton. A good first half performance saw us go in 1-0 up thanks to Kouadio. We were even better in the second half and goals from Sheridan and a double from Bamba saw us run out 4-0 winners. It was St Johnstone at home next. We dominated this game from start to finish destroying St Johnstone but we couldn't take any of our chances and it finished 0-0.

3 away games in a row followed starting at Clyde. We conceded early and late goals but in between that we destroyed Clyde with Sheridan bagging a hat trick to win 3-2. Dunfermline, who were 2nd, was next. We fell behind to an early goal but then played really well. Pinau equalised just before half time. Second half we continued to create chances at Sheridan scored on the hour mark to put us 2-1 up. Both sides had chances to score after that but we held on for another big win.

This means we are 17 points clear with only 9 games left to play , with 5 of these at home. Fingers crossed we can complete the job during Thursday's session.

alStMirren.gif

Thursday's session started with the last of 3 consecutive away games, this time at Partick Thistle. We played well on the first half and went in 1-0 up thanks to a Sheridan penalty. Pinau scored twice in the second half as we ran out 3-0 winners. Hamilton at home followed. We controlled this game from start to finish. Goals from Kouadio either side of one from Sheridan saw us win 3-0.

Queen of the South away followed. We fell behind early on before Sheridan equalised on the half hour. We dominated the rest of the game but couldn't find a goal and had to settle for a 1-1 draw. It was Aberdeen away next as we went looking for the point that would seal the title and promotion. We played well in the first half but somehow went in 1-0 down. We continued to play well in the second half but struggled to score. Then with 5 minutes to go Ferreira popped up with an equaliser to make it 1-1 and secure the point we needed for the title.

With promotion secured I decided to give some of the other players in the squad a few games. This started at home to Morton. We played poorly in the first half, not helped by McGuire getting sent off after only 4 minutes. We were much better in the second half and a double from Offiong meant we won 2-1. Livingston at home followed. We were awful in this game and lost 2-1 even after Sheridan gave us a lead.

St Johnstone away was next. We didn't play too well in this game but managed a 1-1 draw after an early Sheridan goal had put us 1-0 up. The last 2 games of the season were at home, starting with Clyde. Bell gave us a first half lead. Clyde equalised at the start of the second half before taking the lead with 15 minutes to go. Sheridan equalised with 5 minutes to go to save a point as it finished 2-2. Dunfermline were the visitors for the last game of the season. This was a poor game but we managed to win 1-0 thanks to a goal from Sharp.

All in all this was a good season. The main aim of returning to the SPL at the first time of action was achieved. I would have liked us to have done better in the cups but it was not to be. Hopefully we can consolidate in the SPL next season.

harropICT.gif

Overall our 4th season as Inverness's manger was a very good one, we managed to get to 2 cup finals (the League Cup which we lost to Celtic and the Uefa Cup where we got beat by Ajax, that is 3 cup finals we have made it to and lost all 3) and finished 2nd in the SPL behind Celtic. Its going to be very difficult to improve on this, but with a chance of Champions League Football next season maybe a better quality of players will be willing to join the club.

This season we finished as the top goal scorers in the league but we have conceded more than i would like so for next season i will attempt to amend our current formation to a 4-5-1/4-3-3 instead of our current 4-2-3-1 formation to try to become more compact and there for not concede as many but hopefully not stopping us form scoring to much, its a risk to change something that has worked very well over the last few seasons but if we are to win the league i feel it has to be done.

Just a quick note on key players for the upcoming season:-

T.Priskin - Even though he didnt start all the games he managed to break our goal scoring record last season, he is still quite young so more of the same next season.

F.Felicio - My player of the season from the left wing last season, getting on a bit now so i might cash in if a big offer comes in and if not i am sure he will be quality again next season.

B.McLean - Strong at the back and as he is Scottish and just signed a new contract he wont be going anywhere for a while.

P.Lomski - Very good player, did well last season but he has wanted to leave but he is still a big player for us.

E.Corradini - (New signing) a very good keeper signed for £1.7mil, very similar to our current keeper Lehtovaara who has wanted to leave for a while so if a offer now comes in for him i will let him leave (50% of the fee will go to his previous club so i want between 4&6mil for him)

Choco - Bit in and out of the team last season but he had a few good performances at the end of the season and he may be a big player for us this season.

S.Zarkovic - Like Choco started to play well at the end of last season and we will be hoping he will kick on this season.

W.Vainqueur - (New signing) bought for £1.6mil, looks a quality centre/defensive midfielder and hopefully he will become our midfield general i have been looking for and at only 22 years old so he should only get better.

A.Gaspari - very good partner for McLean in defence.

K.McKenna - I made him our new skipper and the players seemed to think it was a good choice, he will have to player at right back this season.

Throughout the team we have quality even in the reserves, but both full backs is where we look weakest, this is where it has been so difficult to find any quality players and i may have to pay over the odds to improve.

Along with signing a number of players we have also let a few leave but we still have alot of competition for places (maybe to much).

We finished the last session after playing the 1st game of the new season at home against Kilmarnock, we didnt play very well 1st half and went in 1nil down but we played them off the park in the 2nd half but only managed to draw the match, a bad start to the new season but i saw enough the 2nd half to feel confident we will do well this season, just a note i found out we will be playing Man Utd in the qualifying game for the Champions League so i will be back in the Uefa cup.

alStMirren.gif

With a newly signed 3 year contract in my pocket I set bout trying to improve the squad. This turned out to be harder than I had expected as we only brought in 2 free transfers and 1 loan signing before the start of the season. We started the season at home to Peter's Hibs. We played well in the first half and went in 1-0 up thanks to a goal from Erkelens. Hibs equalised 10 minutes into the second half. Sheridan restored our lead 5 minutes later only for Hibs to equalise with 10 minutes to go. Sheridan grabbed his second of the game with 5 minutes to go as we ran out deserved 3-2 winners.

Gretna away was next. Gretna took the lead midway through the first half. Sheridan equalised 5 minutes later to make it 1-1 at half time. We then had a dire start to the second half and found ourselves 4-1 down with 25 minutes left. Kouadio pulled one back but it wasn't enough as we lost 4-2. Another away day followed as we faced stan's Airdrie. We were sensational in the first half and went in 3-0 up thanks to Sheridan and a double from Kouadio. Nothing much happened in the second half and we ran out 3-0 winners. The win came at a cost as Sheridan was injured for 2 -3 months.

It was Harrop's Caley Thistle at home next. Caley took the lead shortly before half time. We were reduced to 10 men at the start of the second half. Offiong equalised on the hour mark. Caley were then reduced to 10 men and it looked as if we would hold out for a draw. Then Caley scored late on to win 2-1. IT was League Cup next as we travelled to Montrose. We played well in the first half and went in 2-0 up thanks to goals from loan signings Galbraith & Mantel. Into the second half and Ferreira added a third from the spot before Kouadio made it 4 as we ran out easy 4-0 winners. We have had a reasonable start to the season but there is a lot of hard work still do to.

Very good read gents,always entertaining to see people try out the SPL without involving the Old Firm. What is your policy on new players? Do you have a waiting list/back up list or are sign ups closed?

Keep up the good updates lads.

alStMirren.gif

We started Thursday's game away to newbie George's Falkirk. This was a game where the attackers were very much on top. We ran out 5-4 winners with doubles from Kouadio & Mantel and Pinau getting the winner. Motherwell at home followed. We were poor in the first half and went in 1-0 down. We played better in the second half and it looked as if it would finish 1-0. Then in the 89th minute Kouadio equalised and deep into stoppage time Pinau popped up to give us a 2-1 win.

It was away to David's Hearts next. We were terrible in this game and were hammered 3-0. Rangers at home in the League CUp followed. Kouadio gave us the lead after 15 minutes. Rangers equalised soon after before Kouadio restored our lead to make it 2-1 at half time. Mantel made it 3-1 10 minutes into the second half. Both sides created chances after that but we held on for a deserved 3-1 win.

Back to league duty as we travelled to face Celtic. We produced our worst performance of the season, not helped by Sissoko getting sent off after 24 minutes. In the end we lost 7-2 with Natel & Pinau getting our consolations. It didn't get any easier as we hosted Rangers next. Pinau put us in front after 60 seconds. Rangers equalised after 5 before Kouadio restored our lead 6 minutes later. We continued to play well for the srest of the first half and we went in 2-1 up. Second half Rangers played better but we managed to hold on and Pinau scored with 5 minutes left to give us a fantastic 3-1 win.

This has left us in 6th place after 8 league games. A solid start to the season. Follow the progress of everyone on our website http://hamclan.gillesam.net/

alStMirren.gif

Monday's session started at home to Kilmarnock. We took the lead after only 11 seconds thanks to Kouadio. We struggled for the rest of the half and Killie equalised just before half time. We weren't a lot better in the second half but it looked as if we would on for a draw. Then with 2 minutes remaining Killie scored to win 2-1. It was away to Dundee United next. We were awful in this game and lost 3-0.

We were away to Peter's Hibs next. After a bright start we went behind on the half hour. Ferreira converted a pen just before half time to make it 1-1 at the break. We didn't get started after half time and soon found ourselves 3-1 down. Then with only 3 minutes to go Corcoran pulled one back with a 25 yard free kick before Offiong struck 3 minutes later to make it 3-3. Unfortunately we couldn't hold on for the 4 minutes of stoppage time and lost 4-3.

It was back to back games against Grenta next starting with an away day in the League Cup. We played better than the last few games over 90 minutes, although our cause wasn't helped when Sharp was sent off with 10 minutes remaining. Into extra time and Gretna took advantage of the extra man to take the lead after 102 minutes. The game was over 3 minutes later when Vignal was sent off leaving us with 9 men. Gretna added a second late on to make the final score 2-0. We looked for revenge when we hosted Gretna in the league. We produced one of our best performances of the season to win 3-0 with goals from Bell, Ferreira & Offiong.

It was home to stan's Airdrie next. Ferreira gave us an early lead before Kouadio made it 2-0 just before half time. Sumusalo added a 3rd after half time with a stunning free kick. Airdrie pulled one back with 20 minutes left but we never looked like losing another goal and ran out 3-1 winners. This leaves us in 8th place after 14 games, which is a solid start to the season.

harropICT.gif

We finished the last session in the january transfer window and we lie top of the league on 40 points from 20 games thanks mainly thanks to a perfect session on thursdays in both cup and league compertitions, before thursdays session we had been a bit hit and miss in the league but now we have a chance at winning it along with progressing through the group stage of the uefa cup.

At the start of the transfer window we sold Lehtovaara (keeper) for £4.3mil plus 20% of his next transfer which i felt was the min. for a keeper as good has him but with his contract running out in 18 months i had to sell, we are also currently negotiating with St.Mirren (Al's team) for there holding midfielder M.Sissoko but with a part exchange looking like it will fall through i may have to go back with a cash only offer.

During this good run of results i had amended our formation a bit to try and play as many of what i see as my 1st 11 players in there strongest positions and even though it looks a bit unorthadox the results have been very good especially defensively but i would like to create a few more chances.

My 1st Team and Formation

----|------------Priskin---------\---------

| \

| \

----|-------Zarkovic--------------Lomski-

| |

| |

-Felicio-------|----------Barnett-----------

----------------Vainqueur-----------------

-Gozzi---Gaspari---McLean---McKenna-

-----------------Corradini----------------

Subs: Fraser, Miranda, Feussi, Charvet, Iacob, Monnet-Paquet, Choco, Deane, Palazuet

We will be playing alot of the bigger teams in the next session and if we can get some good results i cant see why we cant challenge at the end of the season as well as doing well in the 3 cup compertitions.

alStMirren.gif

Thursday's session started away to Harrop's Caley Thistle. We never got started in the first half and went in 3-0 down. We were slightly better in the second half and pulled one back thanks to an own goal. Sissoko was sent off late on before Caley scored again to make the final score 4-1. We looked to bounce back at home to George's Falkirk. We were awesome in teh first half and went in 4-0 up thanks to goals from Kouadio, Ferreira, Sheridan & Pinau. Kouadio grabbed his second of the game before Falkirk pulled one back late on. It didn't matter as we ran out deserved 5-1 winners.

It was away to Motherwell next. We played poorly for this game but it looked as if we would hold on until Motherwell scored late on. We couldn't respond and lost 1-0. Hearts at home followed. This was a strange game. We had 2 shots on target in the first half and both went in, from Ferreira & Sheridan, to give us a 2-0 lead. Hearts pulled one back shortly after the break. It looked as if we would hold on after that until 7 minutes from time when they equalised. It finished 2-2 which was more than we deserved.

Rangers away was our next game. We actually played fairly well in this game but lost 3-0. Celtic at home was next. We were totally outplayed in the first half and went in 3-0 down. An Offiong double reduced the defecit and it looked as if we might get back in the game before Celtic added a 4th to make the final score 4-2. Hopefully we will have some easier fixtures now.

alStMirren.gif

Monday's session started with the Scottish Cup as we hosted St Johnstone. We played well in this game and won 2-0 thanks to a Sheridan double. Killmarnock away was next. We were absolutely terrible in the first half and went in 3-0 down. We played better in the second half with Sheridan getting a consolation to make the final score 3-1.

Dundee United were next to visit Love Street. We went behind to an early goal before dominating the rest of the half only to lose a second just before half time. We continued to dominate in the second half, although our cause wasn't helped when Vignal was sent off on the hour mark. Sheridan pulled one back 5 minutes later. We then did everything but score in the last 25 minutes and lost 2-1. It was home to Peter's Hibs next. We didn't play too badly but lost 3-1 with Kouadio getting our consolation.

This was a really poor session as far as the league was concerned. The only consolation is that we are still in the Cup.

alStMirren.gif

We started Thursday's session in Scottish Cup action at home to Dumbarton. We were brilliant in the first half and went in 4-0 up thanks to goals from Pinau, O'Donnell and a double from Sheridan. Dumbarton pulled one back in the second half before Sheridan completed his hat trick to make the final score 5-1.It was away to George's Falkirk next. We were terrible in this game and lost 3-1 with Sheridan getting our consolation.

We were away to Adam's Gretna next. We didn't play too badly in this game considering we had half a team missing. Gretna took the lead in the first half. We never really looked like getting back into it and we lost 1-0. Another away game followed away to stan's Airdrie. Things didn't get any easier as we hosted Harrop's Inverness Caley. We played really well in this game. Sheridan scored in each half to give us a long overdue win.

It was Motherwell at home next. We played really well in the first half and went in 2-0 up thanks to a Sheridan double. INto the second half and Pinau made it 3 before Sheridan completed his hat trick. Motherwell pulled one back with 15 minutes to go but we weren't troubled after that and we won 4-1. It was back to the Scottish Cup next as we travelled to face Celtic. Pinau struck after 16 minutes to put us in front only for Celtic to equalise 5 minutes later. We played really well in the first half and deservedly went in level. Sheridan put us back in front juts after the hour mark before it all went horribly wrong. First Anderson Silva was sent off with 20 minutes to go and Celtic equalised from the resulting free kick. We created a few chances after this and it looked as if we would hold out for a replay until Celtic scored with 5 minutes to go to make it 3-2. This was hard t take as we had played really well against Celtic for the first time ever.

This was a better session, aided by a change in formation. Hopefully we can continue this next time.

alStMirren.gif

Monday's session started with a home game against Rangers. We were awesome for the first half hour and found ourselves 3-0 up thanks to goals from Kouadio, O'Donnell & Anderson Silva. Rangers pulled one back to make it 3-1 at half time. Rangers pulled another one back before Anderson Silva put us 4-2 up. Rangers made it 4-3 from the spot before Sheridan made the final score 5-3 also from the spot. This was a stunning performance as we beat Rangers for the 3rd time at home this season.

Hearts away was next. This was one of the strangest games i have been involved in. Hearts had 6 shots on target in the first half and scored with all of them to lead 6-2 at the break, our goals came from O'Donnell & Sheridan. The second half wasn't better as it finished 8-3, Sumusalo getting our 3rd goal. Our next game didn't look any easier as we travelled to face Celtic. We were totally outclassed in this game and lost 5-2, with Sheridan & O'Donnell getting out consolation goals.

Kilmarnock at home was next up as we looked to get back to winning ways. We played much better but this game was a story of 2 penalties. We were awarded the first one which Sheridan missed before Killie were awarded one which they scored to win 1-0. Our last game before the split was away to Dundee United. We were terrible in the first half and went in 2-0 down. We were a bit better in the second half and Sheridan pulled one back but it wasn't enough and we lost 2-1.

The first game after the break was away to Gretna. We were poor in the first half and went in 2-0 down. We were slightly better in the second half but only managed to pull one back in stoppage time thanks to Sheridan to make the final score 2-1. Falkirk were next up at home. We played much better in this game and won 2-0 thanks to goals from O'Donnell and Kouadio. Kilmarnock away was next. We played really well in this game but came up against a keeper in inspired form. Killie scored in the second half to steal the game 1-0.

Our final home game of the season was against Airdrie. We played really well in this game and ran out 2-0 winners thanks to goals from O'Donnell & Sheridan. The final game of the season was away to Motherwell. If we could avoid defeat we would finish 9th. We were really poor in the first half and it looked as if we would go in 2-0 down until Sararer pulled one back on the stroke of half time. We played better after the break and Smith equalised on the hour mark. It was almost all Motherwell after that but we held on for a 2-2 draw which meant we finished 9th.

Overall this was a successful season as we achieved our main aim of consolidating our SPL place. We are still very inconsistent. When we are good we are brilliant, as the 3 wins over Rangers show, unfortunately when we are bad we are really bad, as the goals against column indicates. Hopefully we can build on this for next season and look to challenge for a top 6 place.

harropICT.gif

We finished last season in 2nd place in the league behind Celtic, we also managed to beat Celtic 4-3 in the final of the Scottish Cup after being 3-1 down (a good season overall).

So far we have managed to get rid of a few fringe players along with both Gaspari and Priskin for £5.5mil and £3.3mil respectively, we have so far brought in a few new faces with D.Malonga (striker)for £1.2mil being the highest profile, when i sold Priskin i signed a young replacement but with also signing D.Malonga that makes 4 strikers with only 1 position to fill as i only play 1 up front so i will have to juggle them and hope they stay happy.

We finished the last session 2 games into the new season and we won both (away from home) playing very well. My aim for the new season is to first to qualify for the Champions League group stage (we play Litex) and to go one better than the previous 2 seasons and win the league.

alStMirren.gif

During the close season we brought in 10 Bosman signings, including Mads Timm, Rowan Vine, Jamie Hamill & Martin Canning and 4 loan signings. Overall I think we have a stronger squad than last season and hopefully we can challenge for the top 6.

The new season started with 2 really tough games, away to Rangers was first. We played well in the first half but found ourselves 1-0 down at the break. Second half we really struggled and ended up losing 4-0, not the best start to the season. Celtic at home followed. We actually played quite well against Celtic for a change. The outcome, however, was the same as usual. A goal near the end of each half saw us lose 2-0.

After the hardest 2 games possible to start the season we travelled to Dundee looking to get our season started. We played poorly in this game and lost 1-0 after a mistake by our keeper. We hosted Peter's Hibernian. Sheridan gave us an early lead before Hibs hit back with 2 goals before half time. They made it 3-1 with 10 minutes to go. Bamba pulled one back 3 minutes later before McDonald equalised in stoppage time to make it 3-3.

It was the league cup next as we hosted Ross County. We played poorly but managed to win 1-0 thanks to a goal from Plummer on the stroke of half time. Hearts away followed. We turned in another terrible performance and lost 2-1 with Plummer getting our consolation. It looks like we are going to be in a relegation battle again. We hosted George's Falkirk next. Sheridan gave us an early lead only for Falkirk to equalise 10 minutes later. Sheridan gave us the lead 2 minutes after then break. The rest of the half was very even but Sheridan completed his hat trick to seal a 3-1 win with 5 minutes to go.

A good end to a poor session. Hopefully we can kick on from here and start to climb the table.

alStMirren.gif

Thursday's session started away at Gretna. 2 goals from Sheridan saw us go into a 2-0 after 50 minutes. Gretna pulled one back with 15 minutes to go and then equalised 7 minutes later. It finished 2-2 which was probably a fair result but it was disappointing after being 2-0 up. It was the League Cup next as we travelled to face Celtic. We fell 2-0 down early on before Sheridan pulled one back to make it 2-1 at half time. Celtic went 3-1 up at the start of the second half to kill the game off. We never really looked like getting back into the game after that.

Kilmarnock were next to visit Love Street. We played pretty well in this game but an early injury to Sheridan blunted our goal threat. As a result we didn't score but managed to keep a clean sheet for a point in a 0-0 draw. It was away to harrop's Caley Thistle next. We were outplayed from start to finish and were soundly beaten. We lost 4-2 with Plummer & Pinau getting our goals. Motherwell at home followed. We were awful in this game and were lucky to only lose by 1 goal. Plummer & Vine got our goals in a 3-2 defeat.

Dundee United at home was next. We fell behind early on before Mohellebi equalised with a screamer. United scored twice to go 3-1 up. Vine pulled one back with 20 minutes to go before Plummer equalised in stoppage time to gain a point in a 3-3 draw. It was Dundee at home to follow. We were brilliant for the first 80 minutes of this game and thanks to goals from Pinau, O'Donnell and Mohellebi put us 3-0 up. We conceded 2 late on to make the last few minutes a bit if a worry but we held on to win 3-2.

This leaves us in 9th place after 12 games. We need to start picking up more points or we will be in a relegation battle.

alStMirren.gif

We had a really tough start to Monday's session as we faced both halves of the Old Firm before playing both of the Edinburgh clubs. We started this run at home to Rangers. We were poor in the first half and were 2-0 down before Plummer pulled one back shortly before half time. We were much better in the second half but conceded a 3rd before Kouadio reduced the deficit. We had chances to equalise but couldn't take them and we lost 3-2. Celtic away was next. Unsurprisingly given our record against them we were soundly beaten 3-1, with Sheridan getting our consolation.

It was peter's Hibs side away next. We conceded an early goal before Timm equalised after a sweeping move from the kick off. Hibs missed a penalty shortly after before we started o play. Kouadio scored to make it 2-1 and give us a half time lead. We were awful in the second half and found ourselves 3-2 down. We got a penalty with 10 minutes to go which Sheridan converted to make it 3-3 and rescue a point. Hearts at home followed. We played well in the first half and went in 2-1 up thanks to goals from Plummer & Mohellebi. We were terrible in the second half conceding 3 goals to lose 4-2.

Gretna were next to visit Love Street. This was a terrible game all round that finished 0-0. We were away to George's Falkirk next. This was a very even very tight game that finished 0-0, which was probably fair. Killie away followed. We were brilliant in the first half and went in 2-0 up thanks to goals from Sheridan & Pinau. We continued to play well in the second half but somehow managed to concede twice, including a dodgy penalty, to only draw 2-2.

We were home to harrop's Inverness Caley side next. Caley outclassed us in this game as we lost 2-1, with Sheridan getting our consolation. We finished the session away to Motherwell. We got off to a terrible start and found ourselves 2-0 down early on. Sheridan pulled one back before half time and then equalised at the start of the second half. We played really well in the second half and Sheridan hit the winner in stoppage time to complete the comeback and make the final score 3-2. We are still struggling to find any decent form. Hopefully things will turn around soon.

alStMirren.gif

Thursday's session started with us playing Motherwell at home in the Scottish Cup. We were poor on the first half and went in 1-0 down. We then produced a stunning display in the second half. Sheridan scored a hat trick inside 20 minutes before Sararer scored late on to make it 4-1 to ensure we are still in the cup. Dundee United away followed. We played really well in this game, completely dominating the first half, and yet we somehow managed to lose 1-0. We will play worse and win this season.

It was away to Dundee next. After a poor first half we were much better in the second 45. Goals from Sheridan, Plummer & Anderson Silva saw us run out 3-0 winners and put us 11 clear of bottom placed Dundee. Celtic at home was the next test. As usual we were totally out classed by Celtic as we got humped 4-0. We faced Gretna away in the Cup next. We went in 1-0 up thanks to a penalty from Mohellebi. We played poorly in the second half and conceded twice to lose 2-1 and go out of the cup.

Rangers away was next. We played poorly in the first half and went in 1-0 down. We were much better and equalised with a Mohellebi penalty just before the hour mark. Both sides had chances to score a winner but had to settle for a 1-1 draw. A trip to Hearts followed where we got hammered 3-0. We looked to get back on track at home to Hibs. Mohellebi gave us the lead with a stunning free kick before Hibs equalised to make it 1-1 at the break. They took the lead at the start of the second half before we came storming back. Kouadio equalised before Mohellebi made it 3-2. Collin added a 4th from the spot to make the final score 4-2.

We finished the session at home to George's Falkirk. This was a very even game. Falkirk took the lead with 20 minutes to go only for Sheridan to equalise 10 minutes later. Into stoppage time it looked as if we would have to settle for a point until Mohellebi fired home a stunning free kick to give us a 2-1 win. This was another poor session, but we did manage to win 2 games in a row for the first time this season and we are 18 points clear of bottom spot.

georgeFalkirk.gif

We had finished the previous session with only two games to go so there wasn't much to do this Thursday. However our last 2 games were against Harrops Inverness (top of the table) and a Rangers side that I had only beat once since taking the Falkirk Job, the only plus side was that both of these games were at home.

We played well agaisnt Inverness and went in at half-time one nil up thanks to an Adam Virgo header in the 8th minute from a corner and we completley deserved our lead agaisnt the league leaders at half-time. Then shortly after the break Adam Virgo scored another header, taking his total to 10 for the season. After this Harrop's side were chasing the game and so i brought on pacey Shelton to try and hit them on the break. The game finished 2-0 and was a fully deserved win.

After our win against Harrop we had now secured 4th place and the match against rangers was nothing but a formality, however i was still determened to win. However we conceded early on and so were on the back-foot for most of the game. We ended up losing 1-0 despite being by far the better team and the game left my wanting more firepower up front.

All in all after the disaterous last season in which we finished 11th, this season was a breath in the fresh air. We were also only 20 points behind the league winners and with us being dreadful for the first ten games of the season, I was confident we could make a title push the following season. However it was clear we needed more firepower as we had failed to get anyone in the top ten league scorers.

I'm gonna try and post in here from next season guys now.

alStMirren.gif

The session started away at Gretna. We were terrible in the first half and went in 3-1 down with Sheridan scoring just before half time. We were just as bad in the second half and conceded another to make the final score 4-1. We headed North to play Harrop's Inverness Caley next. We produced an even worse performance than the previous game and got hammered 5-0 going on 8.

We had 3 home games before the split starting with Kilmarnock. This was a better performance as we managed to keep a rare clean sheet in a 0-0 draw. Motherwell were next to visit. We were much better in this game and ran out 2-1 winners thanks to a Sheridan double. The last of these 3 home games was Dundee United. We played fairly well in this game and took an early lead through Sheridan. United equalised before half time and then took the lead with 20 minutes to go. We didn't look like getting an equaliser and lost 2-1.

Motherwell at home was the first game after the split. We were poor in the first half and went in 1-0 down. Sheridan equalised at the start of the second half. The game was heading for a draw when an own goal gave us all 3 points in a 2-1 win. Dundee away was next up. This was one of our worst performances of the season against the side that was bottom of the league. We were hammered 4-2 with Sheridan getting both of our goals.A change of formation saw us produce one of our best performances of the season. Bamba gave us an early lead before Mohellebi doubled it mid way through the half. Hibs pulled one back shortly after to make it 2-1 at half time. We continued to play really well in the second half and Wagner sealed the win with 20 minutes to go, final score 3-1.

We finished the season with 2 away games, starting at Gretna. We didn't play that bad in this game but our defence were awful and we got hammered 4-1 with Dedic coming on to get our goal. We finished away to the returning Matt's Kilmarnock. This was a typical end of season game with both sides struggling to create anything. It looked like it would finish 0-0 until Wagner popped up with 12 minutes to go. We held out to win 1-0.

This was another mixed season, although we achieved the main aim of staying up as we finished 10th. Again when we were good we were brilliant and when we were bad we got hammered, with very little in between. Consistency has to be the main aim for next season.

If anyone is interested in joining our game please visit our website for more information, http://hamclan.gillesam.net/

harropICT.gif

Last season we managed to qualify for the group stage of the Champions League (finished bottom of the group even though we played quite well in the majority of the matches), got to the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup, and finished 2nd in the league after being top of the league a point above Celtic with 1 game to go but that was against Celtic away, we kept it to 0-0 until the 80th min. but Celtic scored in a close games and we where unable to equalize. Being ten mins. away from winning the league was difficult to take but there is always this season.

So far this season we are 2nd in the league behind Celtic after 4 games and have again qualified for the Champions League group stage. During the off season we didn't make to many changes to the team/squad, we did sell a few players for decent money 1 of them was a quality striker to Rangers for £4mil but we needed to sell at least 1 striker due to a surplus of players in that position, the only real signing we made was Lauri Dalla Valle from Gretna for £2.5mil which should be a great signing.

With a bit of luck I feel we have a decent chance of finishing 1 better than the previous 3 seasons and win the SPL along with a better run in Europe.

alStMirren.gif

During the close season we brought in a lot of players on bosmans and loans to try and improve the squad. We started the season away to George's Falkirk. We went behind mid way through the half before Kouadio equalised with a long range screamer. Moussa, on his debut, gave us the lead on the hour mark. 15 minutes later Falkirk equalised. The game was heading for a draw when a Falkirk defender headed past his own keeper from a corner to give us a 3-2 win. A good way to start the season even if we were outplayed for long spells. Hearts away was next. We were awful for 30 minutes and found ourselves 3-0 down. Kouadio pulled one back just before half time. We were much better in the second half but couldn't find a goal and we lost 3-1.

Our first home game of the season followed against Motherwell. We were poor in the first half and were lucky to only go in 1-0 down. We were much better in the second half but it looked as if we would lose until Sheridan scored late on to make it 1-1 and salvage a draw. Celtic were next to visit Love Street. We did better than usual against Celtic losing 3-1 with McCormack getting our consolation in stoppage time. League Cup was next as we hosted St Johnstone. We were brilliant in this game and ran out comfortable 4-1 winners thanks to goals from Moussa, Sheridan, Mohellebi & Ligi.

A so so start to the season that leaves us in 9th place after 4 games.

alStMirren.gif

We started Thursday's session away to Dundee United. We played pretty well in the first half but found ourselves 1-0 down at the break. We were totally outplayed in the second half but somehow managed not to lose another goal and we lost 1-0. It was Rangers at home after the international break. We struggled in the first half and found ourselves 2-0 down before McCormack pulled one back from the spot on half time. Sheridan equalised on the hour mark. It looked as if we would hold on when we conceded a penalty with 5 minutes to go. Fortunately Rangers hit the post and we held on for a 2-2 draw.

Hibs away followed. We played really well in this game and ran out comfortable 2-0 winners thanks to Sheridan & Davis. It was the League Cup next as we hosted Hearts. We fell behind to an early goal before Sheridan equalised a few minutes later. Hearts had the best of the game but it looked as if we would force extra time before Hearts scored in the 4th minute of stoppage time to win 2-1 and knock us out.

Gretna at home was next up. We struggled in this game but managed to scrape a 2-2 draw thanks to Sheridan & Mohellebi. Inverness away was our next game. We were absolutely terrible in this game and got humped 6-0. We looked to bounce back away to Dunfermline. We were awful for the first hour of this game and found ourselves 2-0 down. Sheridan pulled one back before Sharp was sent off. Mohellebi equalised with 15 minutes left. We had chances to win this game but had to settle for a 2-2 draw.

Kilmarnock at home came next. Sheridan gave us an early lead before Kilmarnock scored twice. Ligi equalised just before the break. We were dire in the second half and Kilmarnock scored twice to win 4-2. Hearts were next to visit. We played much better in this game but struggled defensively and had to settle for a 2-2 draw thanks to a Sheridan double. We finished the session away to Motherwell. We struggled in this game as well and lost 1-0.

This has left us in 10th place after 13 games. It looks like we are going to be in another relegation battle.

alStMirren.gif

Monday's session started at home to George's Falkirk. We played well in the first half and goals from Sheridan and Mohellebi, with another stunning free kick, saw us go in 2-0 up. Sheridan made it 3-0 midway through the half. We were fairly comfortable after that as we ran out 3-0 winners. After the international break we were away to Celtic. As usual we got hammered and lost 5-2 with Sheridan getting both our goals.

Dundee United at home was next. We turned in one of our best performances of the season as we won 3-0 with goals from Sheridan, Mohellebi & Kouadio. Hibs at home followed. We produced another stunning performance and won 3-0 thanks to a Sheridan hat trick. A trip to Ibrox to play Rangers followed. We had the better of the first half but couldn't find a goal and went in at 0-0. We were poorer in the second half but managed to hold on for a 0-0 draw.

Gretna away followed. We were terrible in the first half and went in 2-0 down. Sheridan pulled one back on the hour mark before Moussa equalised 10 minutes later. We had chances to win this game but had to settle for a 2-2 draw. Dunfermline at home was next. This was another really good home performance with goals from Sheridan & Pinau in a 2-0 win. It was the Scottish Cup next as we hosted Dundee United. We played really well in the first half but didn't have any luck in front of goal and went in level at 0-0. Sheridan gave us the lead at the start of the half before United equalised shortly after. United took the lead with about 10 minutes to go. We had a couple of chances to equalise but couldn't take them and we went out.

This was a poor way to end the session but overall it was a much better session. We have moved up to 7th in the league after 20 games and even have a chance of making the top 6.

alStMirren.gif

Thursday's session started with us playing host to Harrop's Inverness Caley. We had the better of the first half but found ourselves 2-0 down before Sheridan scored 5 minutes from the interval to make it 2-1. We didn't play as well in the second half and again conceded 2 goals before Sheridan pulled one back late on to make the final score 4-2. Kilmarnock away was next up. We went in 1-0 down after dominating the first half. Dedic equalised 60 seconds after he came on to make it 1-1 after an hour. McCormack gave us the lead from the spot with 15 minutes to go only to concede 5 minutes later. We had a couple of chances to snatch it but had to settle for a point in a 2-2 draw.

We looked to get back to winning ways at home to Motherwell. We played pretty well in this game but were unable to score and had to settle for another draw, 0-0 this time. Falkirk away followed. We didn't play as well in this game as the last few but manages to win 2-1 thanks to a Sheridan double, the second of which came in stoppage time. It was another away day next as we travelled to face Hearts. We produced our best performance against Hearts for a while but lost 2-1, Sheridan scoring again.

Celtic were next to visit Love Street. We lost an early goal before Sheridan equalised 7 minutes before half time. We had the best of the second half and it looked as if we would have to settle for a hard earned point when Sheridan struck with 6 minutes to go to make it 2-1 and give us our first win over Celtic. Dundee United away was next. We outplayed United from start to finish but somehow lost 1-0 as we failed to take any of our chances.

It was Rangers at home next. We fell behind to an early free kick. The game then turned into the Sheridan show. Sheridan struck the equaliser a few minutes after we fell behind. Into the second half and Sheridan put is in front with 30 minutes to go before completing his hat trick 6 minutes later. We were now in complete control of the game and Moussa made it 4-1 in stoppage time.

This was a really good session in terms of performances, unfortunately this was not reflected in our results although wins over both halves of the Old Firm were very pleasing. This has left us in 6th place after 28 games, 4 points clear of 7th.

alStMirren.gif

We started Monday's session away to Hibs. We played reasonably well in this game but somehow managed to lose 4-2 with Sheridan & Cawley getting our goals. It as back to back home games next starting with Gretna. This game was even more frustrating than the previous game as we doinated from start to finish. We somehow managed to lose 1-0 even though Gretna didn't manage a shot on target!! Kilmarnock were next up. We didn't play as well in this game as the previous 2 but managed to win 2-1 thanks to Sheridan and an own goal.

We made the long trip North to play harrop's Caley Thistle next. We struggled in this game and Caley ran out deserved 1-0 winners. The final game before the split was away to bottom side Dunfermline where a win would guarantee we finished in the top 6. We were terrible in this game and deservedly lost 1-0. Fortunately other results went our way and we made the top half.

Our first game after the split was at home to Rangers. We fell behind to an early goal before Cawley equalised to make it 1-1 at half time. We outplayed Rangers for most of the second half but conceded in stoppage time to lose 2-1. Hibs were next to visit. We played well in this game but couldn't take any chances and we had to settle for a 0-0 draw.

Our season finished with 3 consecutive away games starting at Celtic. Mohellebi gave us an early lead only for Celtic to equalised shortly after. It stayed 1-1 until half time. It then all went down hill as Celtic scored 3 without reply. Sheridan pulled one back with 5 minutes to go before Moussa pulled another one back in stoppage time to make the final score 4-3. It was Harrop's Caley Thistle next. We were totally outclassed in this game and lost 4-1 with Mohellebi getting our goal with a brilliant free kick. We finished the season away to Hearts. We were terrible in this game and got hammered 3-0.

This was a much better season overall as we finished in the top 6 for the first time. Our performances in the 2 cup competitions left a lot to be desired and hopefully we will do better in these next season. Another positive in our season was that Sheridan finished the season as the top scorer in the SPL.

harropICT.gif

At the end of another season, we finished 2nd in the League once again behind Celtic with Heart on the same points as us but we had a much better goal difference, we lost in the Final of the League Cup (to Celtic), we got knocked out of the Scottish Cup in the semi finals (yet again to Celtic) and we went out of the UEFA Cup in the QF. Throughout the season we managed to scored 101 league goals and had the joint 2nd best defence which should more often than not win you the League but we consistently keep losing to Celtic which basically loses us the title, I think we only managed 1 draw out of 6 games against them and if we could have changed 1 of the defeats to a win against them in the league we would have won the league not forgetting they knocked us out of the 2 cup competitions (note: without Celtic we would dominate this league).

The highlight of the season:

1. Scoring over 100 goals in the League

2. Having the joint 2nd best Defence in the League

3. Even though only finishing 3rd in the CL group stage it was a big improvement on last season.

4. Doing well in the cup competitions

5. Deane scoring 7 goals in one match (my personal record)

6. The performance of the majority of my players e.g.. Malonga being 2nd top scorer after being injured for a few months, Della Valle having a very good debut season and Pablo being named Young Player of the Year.

During the off season we didn't really have much luck in the transfer market, we did sell a few fringe players for decent money but I was unable to sign the players I wanted as the fees where just to great, but I did sign a few young players who look decent, I am not sure if they will improve the starting 11 but with the need for x number of U21 in the 18 for each game they are a necessity. I did sign 1 player for £2 mil who should be good enough for the starting 11 but I signed him as a defender (he can play in Defence or Midfield) but he has poor jumping and heading which is not ideal for a Centre Back but the rest of his stats are very good, to be honest his stats point to him being a Forward/Striker but I will see how he does at the start of the new season.

Looking at my team/squad they are coming up to a age where they are not going to improve much more (23-25) so if we are not good enough to beat Celtic in the next few seasons we will have to spend big money to improve, but for this next season I am content with what we have and hope we can win the League after 4 seasons of finishing 2nd.

I missed then end of Mondays session, but up to when i left we where top of the league and scoring goals for fun.

alStMirren.gif

During the close season we brought in 3 new signings on Bosmans as well as 4 loan signings, these were mainly to help with the under 21 rule. The aim for the season was to challenge for a top 6 finish and have a couple of decent cup runs. We started the season at home to Hearts. Hearts outplayed us in the first half but we went in 1-0 up thanks to a McCormack strike. Hearts equalised on the hour mark. It was pretty even after that before Ferreira, on his debut, struck 2 minutes into stoppage time to put us 2-1 up. Sadly we couldn't hold on and Hearts equalised 60 seconds later to make the final score 2-2.

It was away to Celtic next. We played pretty well in the first half and went in 2-1 up after strikes from Ferreira & Osei. Celtic struck back at the start of the second half and went 3-2 up after 60 minutes. I decided to go with 2 up after this to try and get back into the game but it all went horribly wrong. We conceded another 3 goals as we lost 6-2. We were away to Dundee next. This was a terrible performance in which we never really got going. In the end we were lucky to only lose 3-1, with Sheridan scoring on his return from injury the only bright spot.

We faced Harrop's Caley Thistle at home next. Our performance in this game made the one in the previous game look good. We were terrible and found ourselves 4-0 down before we even thought about playing. Late goals from Sheridan & Ferreira made the score line more respectable at 4-2. It was the League Cup next as we travelled to face Queen of the South. After a poor first half Sheridan put us ahead with 15 minutes left. QoS equalised 5 minutes later before taking the lead with 60 seconds left. It looked like we were going out until Dedic equalised deep into stoppage time. We dominated extra time before finally making it through 4-2 on penalties.

We travelled to Falkirk looking for our first league win of the season. After a dire first half Sheridan put us ahead just before the hour mark. It looked as if this would be enough to give us the win until Falkirk equalised with 10 minutes to go to make the final score 1-1.

This has been a terrible start to the season and things can only get better from here.

alStMirren.gif

Thursday's session saw us start at home to Dunfermline. We were absolutely terrible and got hammered 3-1 with Wheater getting our consolation. Rangers were next to visit. We played much better in this game. Mohellebi gave us an early lead before Rangers equalised just before half time. Rangers then took the lead with 15 minutes to go and it looked as if we would lose again. Ferreira popped up with 60 seconds to go to equalise before Sheridan struck in stoppage time to make it 3-2 and give us our first win of the season.

It was the League Cup next as we played host to Dundee. We played really well in the first half and went in 2-0 up thanks to goals from Ferreira & Sheridan. We didn't play as well in the second half but held on to win 2-0. We struggled in this game, not helped by missing a penalty in the first half, and we lost 3-1 with Sheridan getting our goal.

Hibs away was next up. This was another poor performance and we lost 2-0 and never looked like scoring. Motherwell at home was our next test. This was another terrible performance and we lost 2-1, McCormack had given us the lead from the spot, leaving us bottom of the table. Kilmarnock away was next as we looked to get back to winning ways. We played better but lost 1-0 to a dodgy penalty.

A trip to face Hearts followed. This was a very even game in which we paid for a poor first half performance as we lost 2-1 with Kouadio briefly levelling for us. It was a break from league duty next as we travelled to face Falkirk in the League Cup. This was another dismal performance as we crashed out of the cup losing 2-0. Back to the League and it was Dundee at home. This was a better performance that looked as if we would get nothing out of it until Ferreira scored in stoppage time to salvage a point in a 1-1 draw.

We faced a tough game next as we travelled North to face Harrop's Caley Thistle. Bamba was sent off inside the first 2 minutes to make it even tougher. In the end we got humped 5-0. Another tough game followed at home to Celtic. We played reasonably well in this game but as usual Celtic scored goals for fun. In the end we lost 5-3 with Rojas, Sheridan & Dedic getting our goals.

This was another terrible session and leaves us rooted to the foot of the table, 4 points from safety, after 15 games. Hopefully the next session will see an improvement.

alStMirren.gif

We started Thursday's session at Dunfermline, where I was banned from the touchline. Dunfermline took an early lead before Sheridan equalised 5 minutes later. We went in at 1-1 before we produced a brilliant second half. Sheridan scored again before Dunfermline equalised again. Sheridan then completed his hat trick before Koaudio & a McCormack penalty put us 5-2 up. Dunfermline pulled one back with 10 minutes to go but we held on to win 5-3.

2 home games followed starting with Falkirk. We were really poor and were beaten 2-0. It was a massive game as we played Hibs next. Our cause was helped when Hibs were reduced to 10 men early on. Anderson Silva gave us the lead only for Hibs to equalise 2 minutes later. Sheridan scored 5 minutes later to restore our lead. We were fairly comfortable after that and ran out 2-1 winners.

Rangers away followed. We were completely outclassed in the first half and went in 3-0 down. We were much better in the second half and managed to pull one back through McCormack to make the final score 3-1. We hosted Dundee United next. We were awful and lost 3-1 with Ferreira getting our consolation late on.

We are still bottom after this but we have closed in on the 2 teams above. I am more hopeful of our survival chances now than at the end of the previous session.

alStMirren.gif

Monday's session start with a relegation 6 pointer as we travelled to Motherwell. We were poor in the first half and went in 1-0 down. Sheridan equalised just after half time. It was pretty even for the rest of the game and it looked as if it would finish level until Motherwell scored with 3 minutes remaining to make it 2-1. This leaves us 5 points from safety. It was the Scottish Cup next as we travelled to Dunfermline. We were terrible and were dumped out of the cup 3-0.

Two home games followed starting with Kilmarnock. We got off to a poor start and found ourselves behind after half an hour. We improved after that and Sheridan equalised shortly before half time. We dominated the second half and Pinau put us in the lead with 20 minutes to go. We had chances to extend our lead but couldn't take them as we won 2-1. Hearts were next to visit. We were dismal in the first half but managed to get in at 0-0. Sheridan gave us the lead after an hour before Hearts scored 2 in 13 minutes to take the lead. It looked like we would lose again until Kouadio scored with 8 minutes remaining to salvage a point in a 2-2 draw.

Celtic away was next where we got our usual heavy defeat. It finished 6-2 this time with Ferreira getting a late double for us. Dundee away was our next game. We were even worse than the previous game and were soundly beaten 5-2 with Ferreira & Sheridan getting our consolation goals. We hosted Harrop's Caley Thistle next. Erkelens gave us an early lead before Caley scored 2 quick goals to turn it around. Mohellebi scored a stunning free kick to make it 2-2 at the break. The second half was very even but Caley scored twice to win 4-2.

Falkirk away was our next game. We outplayed them from start to finish but somehow managed to lose 2-0. Dunfermline at home was next. We made a great start and went 2-0 up thanks to Ferreira & Sheridan. We continued to play really well but Dunfermline pulled one back with 25 minutes to go. It looked as if we would hold on until we conceded in stoppage time to make the final score 2-2.

It was another relegation 6 pointer next as we travelled to play Hibs. We were brilliant in this game and ran out comfortable 3-0 winners thanks to a Rojas double and a last minute goal from Durie. This has left us 12th with 9 games remaining, 1 point from safety and only 4 behind 10th. I feel we still have a decent chance of staying up.

For more information on our game please visit our website, http://hamclan.gillesam.net/

harropICT.gif

At the end of my 8th season as Inverness CT manager and after finishing 2nd for the past 4 seasons behind Celtic we finally won the SPL title by finishing a massive 16 points above Celtic and 36 above 3rd, we also won the Scottish cup to complete the double and where unlucky that it was not 3 as we lost to Rangers in the League cup final on pens in a game we dominated. If you take away Europe we only lost 3 games all season (2 if you don't count pens) but in Europe we where a bit below par, we did finish 3rd in the CL group and got through the next round of the UEFA cup but I felt we could have made it through the CL group if we had a bit more luck.

In the January window a few of my players got a bit to big for there boots after I rejected offers for them but after winning the SPL hopefully they will change there minds about wanting to leave.

For next season I will see if we can attract any big name signings but if I did go into next season with pretty much the same squad of players I would fancy our chances but there is always room for improvement, any new 1st team players will have to be top notch and to buy that costs money but for the 1st time I may be willing to pay a decent amount if it improves us.

As I now have a world class reputation I might keep an eye on both Celtic and Rangers to see if they decide to change managers as I feel I have take Inverness as far as they can go and even though my players are much better it would be a good challenge to get Rangers up there.

SPL_Season8.gif

alStMirren.gif

Thursday's session started with a difficult home game against Rangers. Osei gave us the lead after 20 minutes before Rangers equalised 15 minutes later to make it 1-1 after a very even first half. Rojas put us ahead on the hour mark as we started to control the game. Rangers got a didgy penalty with 10 minutes to go, and we were reduced to 10 men, which made it 2-2. 3 minutes later Dedic fired us back into the lead. We managed to hold on after this for a priceless 3 points in a 3-2 win.

It was another relegation 6 pointer as we hosted Motherwell. We got off to a great start as Dedic out us in front after 13 minutes. Motherwell equalised 10 minutes before half time to make it 1-1 at the break. We were poor in the second half and fell behind with 15 minutes to go. It looked as if we would lose until Sheridan scored in stoppage time to make it 2-2. Kilmarnock away was next. We were poor in this game and lost 2-1 with Bamba getting our consolation from the spot in stoppage time.

The final game before the split was away to Dundee United. This was one of our worst performances of the season as we were hammered 5-0, with us lucky to get nil. The first game after the split was at home to Dunfermline. We produced a much better performance in this game and ran out comfortable 3-1 winners thanks to a Sheridan double and one from Sumusalo. Motherwell away followed. We played well in the first half and went in 1-0 up thanks to Dedic. Things were going well in the second half untl Dedic was sent off with 15 minutes to go. Motherwell equalised 5 minutes later. Moussa then struck 5 minutes later to give us a priceless 2-1 win.

Kilmarnock at home was our next game. We were brilliant in the first half with Moussa scoring twice to put us 2-0 up. Unfortunately we were reduced to 10 men on half time when Mohellebi was sent off. Moussa completed his hat trick from the spot on the hour mark. Killie didn't really trouble us for the rest of the game but did score in stoppage time to make the final score 3-1.

If we avoided defeat in our next game away to Hibs we would stay up. Rojas gave us the lead on the half hour mark before Hibs hit back with 2 goals to lead 2-1 at half time. Rojas equalised 5 after the break before Sheridan gave us the lead 5 minutes later. Both sides had chances to score but we held on for the win that secured our SPL status for another season. Our final game of the season was at home to Dundee. We produced a stunning first half display to go in 3-0 up thanks to goals from Rojas, Dedic & Barr. Dundee equalised 10 minutes into the second half but we held on to win 3-1.

This meant we finished the season in 10th place after winning 5 consecutive games. The turning point was a change in formation to a 3-5-2, after which our record was P11 W7 D2 L2. Hopefully next season we can avoid a relegation battle and finish mid table.

Finally, congratulations to Harrop for winning the SPL & Scottish Cup double with Calye Thistle.

alStMirren.gif

The close season saw us bring in 4 permanent signings, including the first I have paid for. This was complimented by 4 loan signings. We lost 9 players during this time, some I was happy to lose and a few I wasn't. I was particularly sad to see Moussa & Dedic go but they did bring in £2.8M in fees.

The new season started at home to Dundee. I decided to start with the same formation that served us well at the end of last season. We played well in the first half but couldn't find a way through and we went in level. Dundee scored at the start of the second half. We then threw everything at them. It looked like we were going to lose until first Sheridan and then Ferreira scored in stoppage time to turn it into a 2-1 win. Dunfermline away followed. We played poorly in this game and lost thanks to terrible mistake by our keeper on half time. We had a good spell at the start of the second half but couldn't score and lost 1-0.

The next game was away to the returning George's Falkirk. This was another poor performance and we lost 1-0. A home game followed as Motherwell visited. We made a great start and raced into a 2-0 lead thanks to Sheridan & a Robertson penalty. Motherwell then hit back and we went in level at the break. We struggled at the start of the second half until Robertson fired home a 25 yard screamer to put us back in the leas. Sheridan scored again with 3 minutes to go to make the final score 4-2.

It was the League Cup next as we travelled to Elgin. We produced a really good attacking performance in this game as we ran our 6-2 winners. Our goals came from Ferreira, Sheridan, Robertson, an own goal and a late Swan double. back to the league as we travelled to Hearts. We struggled in the first half and fell behind. Hearts then missed a penalty before Sheridan levelled before half time. We were reduced to 10 men on the hour mark. Hearts took advantage and went 2-1 up 10 minutes later. We went down to 9 men 8 minutes later before Sheridan struck to make it 2-2 and salvage a point.

We were home to Celtic next. We actually outplayed Celtic which made a change. However the result was the same as always as we lost 2-1 with Mohellebi scoring a late free kick for us. It was the League Cup next as we hosted Hearts. Kouadio gave us the lead after 4 minutes. Hearts equalised 10 minutes later. Into the second half and we continued to outplay Hearts but we went behind with 25 minutes to go. We had chances to equalise but couldn't take them and went out 2-1. This was the second game in a row where we outplayed a team and lost.

Rangers were next to visit. We played well in the first half and Robertson gave us the lead 10 minutes before half time. Sheridan scored a quick fire double to put us 3-0 up. Rangers pulled one back before Sheridan completed his hat trick. Rangers pulled one back late on as we won 4-2. The final game of this session was away to Kilmarnock. We were really poor in this game against the side that was bottom. Ferreira struck with 8 minutes to go to give us the lead. Killie equalised with 2 minutes to go and it looked as if we would need to settle for a draw. Then into stoppage time Ferreira popped up to give us a 2-1 win.

We have made a promising start to the season and currently find ourselves in 4th place. We have a good gap over last place and hopefully we can switch our focus from staying up to finishing in the top 6.

alStMirren.gif

Monday's session started away at Dundee United. We were awful for the first hour and found ourselves 3-0 down. For some reason we then started to play. Ferreira pulled one back. We then created loads of chances but couldn't take another one until 4 minutes from time when McCormack scored. There wasn't enough time to find an equaliser and we lost 3-2. It was home to Harrop's Caley Thistle next. We took the lead midway through a very even first half from a Mohellebi free kick. Caley were much better in the second half to turn it around and take a 2-1 lead. It looked like we would lose until Sheridan scored in stoppage time to make it 2-2 and rescue a point.

Gretna away followed. This was another shocking performance and we lost 3-1 with Ferreira getting our consolation late on. Another away game followed as we faced Dundee. Dundee took an early lead before Sheridan equalised 5 minutes later. It was very even until Ferreira gave us the lead just after the hour mark. We controlled the game from here and Robertson made it 3-1 in stoppage time.

After a 4 week break, I have no idea why it was as long as that, we resumed at home to Dunfermline. We produced a breathtaking display in the first half. Goals from Sheridan, Mohellebi & a Ferreira double saw us go in 4-0 up. Dunfermline pulled one back in the second half but we weren't really troubled as we ran out 4-1 winners. Another home game followed when Falkirk visited. Sheridan gave us the lead with a header from a corner after 15 minutes. Things were made harder when Genesio was sent off just before half time. It was backs against the wall in the second half but we managed to hold on for a 1-0 win.

We were away to bottom side Motherwell next. We out played Well for the whole game but couldn't take our chances and we somehow managed to lose 2-0. Celtic away followed. Just for a change we got hammered as Celtic cruised to a 4-0 win. Hearts at home followed. We made a really slow start and found ourselves 2-0 down after 20 minutes. Ferreira pulled one back before half time to give us a chance. We battered Hearts in the second half and equalised with 15 minutes to go thanks to Rojas. We had a couple of chances to snatch it but had to settle for a 2-2 draw.

This has left us in 8th place after 17 games. We are only 4 points off 3rd place and are 16 points clear of bottom spot.

alStMirren.gif

Thursday's session saw us start at home to Dundee United. We raced into an early 2-0 lead thanks to Sheridan & Roberto. We then switched off and allowed United to score 3 times to lead at the interval. An own goal 4 minutes into the second half brought us level only to go behind again 3 minutes later. Swan equalised with 8 minutes remaining. Unfortunately we couldn't hold on and United scored with a minute to go to win 5-4. Rangers away followed. We were really poor in this game and lost 3-1 with Pinau getting our goal.

It was Scottish Cup duty next as we travelled to play Dundee. We were terrible in the first half and we fell 2 behind before Pinau pulled one back to make it 2-1 at half time. We were better in the second half but couldn't find an equaliser and went out losing 2-1. It was Kilmarnock at home next. This was a pretty dull game that looked to be heading for a 0-0 draw until Roberto scored 2 minutes into stoppage time to give us a 1-0 win.

We travelled north to play harrop's Caley Thistle next. We found ourselves 2-0 down at half time as a result of poor marking at 2 corners. After Caley went 3-0 up we went all out attack. Sheridan pulled one back immediately. We went further behind before Rojas scored late on to make the final score 4-2. Gretna at home was up next. We played well in the first half and went in 2-0 up thanks to Rojas & Sheridan. Gretna pulled one back at the start of the second half before Mohellebi & Pinau put us 4-1 up with 2 quick goals. It was comfortable from then on and we won 4-1.

Another home game followed as Dundee came calling. We produced some breathtaking attacking football in this game. Goals from Roberto, Sheridan & a Pinau hat trick gave us a fine 5-2 win. Falkirk away followed. We played well in the first half without scoring. Pinau scored at the start of the second half to give us the lead before Mohellebi added a second 15 minutes later. We cruised through the rest of the game to win 2-0.

Motherwell at home was the final game of the session. We produced one of our best performances of the season. Doubles from Rojas & Pinau, his 9th goal in 8 starts since he came back into the side, saw us run out easy 4-0 winners. This has left us in 5th place after 25 games and in with a great chance of finishing in the top 6.

alStMirren.gif

Monday's session started away at Dunfermline. Pinau scored early on before Sheridan added a second shortly before half time. Dunfermline scored lat eon but we managed to hang on and won 2-1. It was away to Hearts next. We fell behind after 3 minutes. 2 goals in the space of 3 minutes from Sheridan & Pinau put us 2-1 up, a lead we held until the break. The second half was very even and it looked as if we would hold on until Hearts equalised with 12 minutes to go. Swan then scored 3 minutes later, 2 minutes after coming on to give us a 3-2 win.

Celtic at Love Street followed. We controlled the first half but went in behind after Parks lobbed the ball over our keeper from about 40 yards. Sheridan equalised shortly after the break. Celtic went ahead with 20 minutes remaining before we were reduced to 10 men. We still created a couple of chances to equalise but couldn't take them and lost 2-1. We were away to new boy Craig's Dundee United next. Mohellebi gave us an early lead before United equalised. An own goal and one from Pinau gave us a 3-1 half time lead. United pulled one back early on. It looked as if we would hold on for the win only for us to concede with 4 minutes to go to make it 3-3.

Rangers at home followed. We were really poor in this game and got hammered 3-0. Away to Kilmarnock was up next. Pinau gave us the lead before Kilmarnock equalised after a bad mistake at the back. Into the second half and things went from bad to worse as we were reduced to 10 men and then 9. We managed to hold on despite this and salvage a 1-1 draw. Harrop's Caley Thistle were next to visit. Sheridan gave us an early lead only for Caley to equalise 2 minutes later. The rest of the first half was pretty even with both sides creating chances. Swan gave us the lead again at the start of the second half. We held onto the lead for slightly longer this time before Caley equalised. Both sides had chances to win it but it finished 2-2.

The final game of the session was away to Gretna. We had the best of this game but couldn't find a way to goal until Pinau popped up in stoppage time to give us a 1-0 win. We are currently sitting 5th with 3 games left to play. We have a chance to finish 4th, but the main aim will be to gold onto 5th. It is a considerable improvement on last season!!

alStMirren.gif

Thursday's session started at home to Dundee United. We were terrible and got hammered 4-1 with Rojas getting our goal. We were away to Harrop's table topping Caley Thistle next. We were better in this game but never really got going and lost 2-0, with Bamba missing a late penalty. Rangers at home followed. This was another really poor performance as we lost 3-1, with Sheridan scoring for us. We are in danger of losing all 5 games after the split as we did 2 seasons ago.

Hearts was our last away day of the season. Pinau gave us an early lead. Hearts equalised before Sheridan restored our lead only for Hearts to equalise just before half time. The second half was very even with both sides having chances to win but it finished 2-2. We finished the season at home to Celtic. Celtic out played us and beat us 3-1 with Roberto getting our goal with a stunning strike.

This meant we finished 6th a massive improvement on last season. Hopefully this is enough for the board to give me a new contract.A couple of weeks after the season ended I was offered a new 3 year contract to extend my stay at Love Street.

alStMirren.gif

The close season saw the usual comings and goings with one major loss as Pinau would not sign a new contract and left on a free transfer. The season started at home to Harrop's Caley Thistle. We were poor in the first half and were lucky to be only 1 down at the break. We were much better in the second half and levelled late on thanks to Rojas. Caley had a couple of chances to snatch it but we held on for a 1-1 draw. Rangers at home were next. We played well in the first half and went in 1-0 up after Sheridan scored midway through the half. Rangers were the better side in the second half and equalised with 25 minutes to go. Both sides had chances after that but had to settle for a 1-1 draw.

Hearts away followed. A good first half performance saw us go in 2-1 up with goals from Rojas & Sheridan. Hearts equalised with half an hour to go. Neither side really threatened after that and it finished 2-2. Another away day was next as we travelled to Dunfermline. We played poorly in the first half and went in 2-1 down after Eikeland had pulled one back. The second half saw a much improved performance with Ferreira scoring in stoppage time to snatch a point.

The League Cup followed and we played Berwick away. After falling behind goals from Rojas & an Iachemet double gave us a 3-1 win. It was another away game where we faced Celtic. Rojas gave us a lead after 15 minutes. We played really well and should have scored again. It looked as if we would hold on for a famous win only for Celtic to score in stoppage time to make it 1-1. Hibs at home was next. We played poorly in this game and lost 2-1 with Sheridan getting our goal.

It was the League Cup again as we hosted Partick Thistle. First half goals from Shiels & Sheridan saw us run out 2-0 winners. Falkirk away followed. We were terrible in the first half and went in 3-1 down with Shiels getting our goal. Rojas pulled one back at the start of the second half before Falkirk scored again. We then battered Falkirk but couldn't find a way through and lost 4-2.

Killie were next to visit. We produced a great performance and won 3-1 with goals from Robertson (pen), Iachemet & Shiels. We then finished the night with 2 dire performances. The first was away to Dundee where we lost 4-1, Iachemet getting our consolation here. We then lost 3-0 away to Gretna in a performance that was even worse.

After starting the season with a 7 game unbeaten run things have started to go down hill. We find ourselves in 8th place but still in the League Cup.

alStMirren.gif

We started Monday's session with a tough run of games, starting with Rangers away. We were really poor in this game and got thumped 3-0. It was the League Cup next with Celtic at home. A great first half performance saw us go in 2-0 up with goals from Roberto & Iachemet. Celtic scored twice inside 10 minutes to make it 2-2. Roberto then fired home a free kick after 65 minutes to put us 3-2 up. We somehow managed to hold on from here to knock Celtic out.

It was away to Harrop's Caley Thistle next. A fairly dull first half saw us go in level at 1-1 after we took the lead courtesy of an own goal. Caley scored 3 without reply before Ferreira pulled one back. Caley then scored again before Mohellebi & Hughes scored in stoppage time to make the final score to Caley. In all honesty we didn't deserve anything from this game as we only started playing after we went 4-1 down.

Hearts at home followed where I would watch the game from the stand. We played better in this game but couldn't find a goal and had to settle for a goalless draw. Dunfermline at home was next. This was another better performance but we still couldn't find a win in the league. A Mohellebi double gave us a 2-2 draw. Dundee United away followed. Iachemet gave us an early lead only for United to equalise shortly after. Sheridan struck what turned out to be the winning goal 10 minutes into the second half. Both sides had chances to score but we held on to win 2-1.

Another away day followed, this time at Hibs. Goals from Shiels & Rojas gave us a 2-1 half time lead. Hibs scored 3 goals in the second half, including 2 from the spot, to win 4-2 after a poor second half performance. Celtic at home was next. We produced probably our best ever performance against them but couldn't find a goal and had to settle for a 0-0 draw.

This leaves us in 9th place after 18 games which is not where I expected us to be. We also have a League Cup semi final to play.

• 2 weeks later...

alStMirren.gif

This is a bit of a monster post due to the forums being upgraded. It starts with us at home to George's Falkirk. This was a close game that was decided in our favour by a Rojas double. The first came in the first half after a defensive mix up and his second came in stoppage time. Gretna at home was next. This was a shocking performance as we went down 5-2 with Rojas and an own goal our goals. Killie away followed. We produced a stunning first half performance and went in 4-0 up thanks to goals from Roberto, Kouadio & a Rojas double. Killie pulled 2 back in the second half but we held on to win 4-2.

It was the Scottish Cup next as we hosted Harrop's Caley Thistle. Iachemet gave us an early lead before Caley scored 3 times to put us 3-1 down at the half time. Iachemet scored twice in the second half to complete his hat trick and draw us level only for Caley to score with 4 minutes to go to win 4-3 and put us out. Back to the League as we faced Dundee at home. This was a pretty drab game and it finished 0-0.

Hearts away was next. We struggled in this game and lost 3-1 with Sheridan getting our goal. Harrop's Caley Thistle were next to visit. Iachemet gave us the lead after half an hour before Caley scored twice to lead 2-1 at the break. Sheridan equalised on the hour mark only for Caley to step up a gear, score 3 times and win 5-2.

To save some time and space I will give you the results of the next few games.

Saints 1 - 2 Rangers League Cup Semi Final

Dunfermline 4 - 1 Saints

Saints 2 - 1 Rangers

Saints 3 - 1 Dundee United

Celtic 4 - 1 Saints

Saints 2 - 2 Hibs

Falkirk 2 - 1 Saints

Saints 4 - 0 Kilmarnock

Gretna 5 - 2 Saints

We then had a great run of form. We beat Dundee 3-0 away from home with goals from Sheridan & a Rojas double. Hibs at home followed. Goals from Rojas, Sheridan & Iachemet saw us win 3-0. Celtic at was next. We produced probably our best performance against Celtic so far. Goals in each half from Iachemet saw us run out comfortable 2-0 winners. We travelled to Hearts next where goals from Ferreira & Robertson gave us a 2-2 draw.

We had 2 tough games to finish the season starting away at Harrop's Caley Thistle. We got hammered 4-1 with Sheridan getting our consolation. The final game was away to Rangers where we were disappointing in a 3-0 loss. This meant we finished in 5th place, our highest placing so far, and qualified for the UEFA Cup.

http://hamclan.gillesam.net/images/banners/harropICT.gif

Its been a while since I last posted so I will summarise our last few seasons:

2 seasons ago

After winning the SPL title and Scottish Cup the season before it was going to be difficult to improve but not only did win the SPL for the 2nd time in a row we beat Chelsea (convincingly) in the UEFA Cup final to lift the trophy and surpass the achievements of the previous season.

During the off season we sold a few of our fringe players and bring in a few others without, the main signing was Bonfim a Brazilian U21's striker for 3.6mil, he has very good stats except for Pace, Acceleration and Jumping (all about 10) which I usually feel are important attributes but his other's are so good (finishing, dribbling, heading, off the ball, first touch etc all 18-20's) for a player of his age I felt I had to get him and hope I can improve his physical attributes.

http://hamclan.gillesam.net/images/LeagueTable/FM08/SPL_Season9.gif

Last season

We had a decent start to the season but drop off mid way through the season to let Celtic get some way in front and to many to get back, we finished the season 6 points behind Celtic but managed to finish in front of Rangers in 2nd place, we lost the European Super Cup final to Barcelona 2-1 but we did manage to win our Champions League group with 5 wins out of 6 and also get through the next round but we finally got knocked out by Lyon, we did finish the season with some silverware lifting the Scottish Cup beating Hearts in the final, overall a dip on the last 2 seasons but we still managed to win some silver ware and finished in the Champions League place so still not to bad but we will hope to improve next season. In the last few games of the season I played a few of my younger players where they and the team played well so during the winter transfer window I sold both Malonga (my leading striker for the last few seasons but is getting on a bit) and Deane (good but not fantastic) my main 2 strikers for around £8-9mil between them and I have promoted a couple of our young strikers from the reserve 1 of which is Bonfim the big money signing from the season before who scored 5 in 3 games at the end of the season after a season in the reserves and the other is Barate a Portuguese international to replace them also I sold my class left winger for around £12mil which even though we don't need to sell any players (we have about £75mil in the bank) it seemed to much to turn down.

http://hamclan.gillesam.net/images/LeagueTable/FM08/SPL_Season10.gif

So far this season

We have started the season ok, we are near the top of the league with Celtic and if we beat Chelsea in our last Champions League group game we will qualify for the knockout stage again (this was a much harder group than last season) even a draw or loss could do but I believe we will need to win.

Just had to mention that in our last game of Mondays session we beat Dunfermline 9-0 our all time record win with Barata scoring his 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th league goals for the club.

alStMirren.gif

The close season saw 6 players leave, including Wheater for £500K, and 8 coming in on Bosmans as well as 3 loan signings. Our season started at home to Dundee United. Rojas gave us the lead after about half an hour only for United to equalise 5 minutes later. United took the lead 3 minutes after the break from the penalty spot. Sheridan equalised on the hour mark before putting us in front 15 minutes later. We were reduced to 10 men with 3 minutes to go as United got another penalty which they missed. Sheridan completed his hat trick in stoppage time to give us a 4-2 win.

Hibs away followed. We played really well in this game but couldn't convert enough chances an had to settle for a 1-1 draw after Iachemet had put us in front. We played Clyde at home next. This was another really good performance that saw us win 3-0 with a double from Iachemet and a stunning free kick from our 19 year old defender Ribeiro. This good performance was offset by losing Roberto & Sheridan to injuries for a couple of months.

It was away to Harrop's Caley Thistle. We struggled in this game and lost 1-0, but at least we avoided our usual hammering. Celtic at home followed. Celtic took the lead in the first half before we were reduced to 10 men when Kuzmanovic saw red. Celtic went 2 up before Jensen pulled one back. It then went horribly wrong as our keeper was sent off after we had used up all our subs. As a result Celtic scored 3 more to run out 5-1 winners. Dundee away followed. A poor first half saw us go in 1-0 up thanks to an own goal. Dundee equalised with 20 minutes to go at which point I replaced both our strikers. This turned out to be a masterstroke. Cigan, off the bench, restored our lead with 13 minutes to go. With 5 left Genesio was sent off to leave us with 10 men. Then Baker, also off the bench, sealed a 3-1 win in stoppage time.

It was the UEFA Cup next as we played host to Roda. 2 mistakes from our keeper saw us lose this game 2-1 even though we had the best of the game, Pavlov getting our consolation. Gretna away followed. Huttunen gave us an early lead from the spot. Gretna equalised shortly after. It stayed like this until 15 minutes from time when Gretna took the lead. Rojas equalised 5 minutes later to make the final score 2-2. It was the League Cup next as Aberdeen visited. Ribeiro gave us the lead with a stunning free kick. Aberdeen levelled just before the break with their first shot. Rojas restored our lead after the break before Sheridan made it 3-1 late on.

Dunfermline at home was next up. We raced into a 4 goal lead as Iachemet scored 4 times inside the first 25 minutes. Dunfermline pulled 2 back before a Ferreira double and one from Rojas made it 7-3. The only down side to this result was Kuzmanovic getting sent off late on. It was the second leg of our UEFA Cup tie next as we travelled to Roda. Things didn't look good as we found ourselves 2 down on the night. Iachemet pulled one back before Rojas & Sheridan struck in first half stoppage time to put us 3-2 up and ahead on away goals at half time. Pavlov made it 4 before Roda pulled one back. Iachemet struck in stoppage time to make the final score 5-3 and put us through 6-5 on aggregate.

As this is already quite long I will simply list the next 10 or so results.

Saints 2 - 2 Hearts

Falkirk 1 - 2 Saints

Rangers 0 - 1 Saints

Hearts 5 - 2 Saints (League Cup Quarter Final)

Dundee Utd 5 - 1 Saints

Saints 1 - 1 Rubin (UEFA Cup)

Saints 5 - 1 Hibs

Brugge 1 - 0 Saints (UEFA Cup)

Clyde 2 - 4 Saints

Saints 1 - 2 Juventus (UEFA Cup)

This leaves us in 5th place after 14 games and in with a chance of making the knock out stages of the UEFA Cup. All in all a good solid start to the season.

Archived