The Spanish Inquisition [*Established Clan*]

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hola lads,

just checking in from sunny gran canaria,

weather is fantastic and the beer is great, just off to get ready and go out andhave T bone stack and lots of beer.

No game this weekend dont get back until about midnight earliest so kicking off from a week on sunday.

BTW if your looking for something to fill the night, seriously check out Rome TW awsome game !

laters

thats me back from my scouting mission in spain

found a few players Jim Bean Jack Daniels and a new football team Candian Club

weather was hot (28c-34c) food was brill , girls where lovely

and i see sy is still missing

Guest sav112

Davie-

SY turned up, he's ok. icon_smile.gif He posted on the EPL thread. Hopefully we can get the EPL up and running again in time.

Glad to see you enjoyed yourself. icon14.gif

John Paul-

Took your advice and got Rome TW, only played an hour and that was just the training game with old Gaivus Julius kicking Gaul ass. It runs flawless, looks great and easy to play and I even like how you can automate the towns and City’s you capture. I can’t wait for a massive fight. It could do with a Russell Crow gladiator voice over but apart from that I’d say really good.

icon_biggrin.gif

Lo

Hope everyone is ok, still pretty bogged down here but im hoping to bring back the epl asap.

Gaz, Bod your stuff will arrives with "extras presents" and a couple o free footy shirts too.

Sorry about everything just been caught up in some "issues"

Sy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

Lo

Hope everyone is ok, still pretty bogged down here but im hoping to bring back the epl asap.

Gaz, Bod your stuff will arrives with "extras presents" and a couple o free footy shirts too.

Sorry about everything just been caught up in some "issues"

Sy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you back mate. We did think the training for the phone company had actually been some kind of ruse to get you into a secret government lab where they could dissect yer ferret and find out its dark secrets.

Nice tae know you were just drunk in a ditch somewhere for 6 weeks icon_biggrin.gif

good to have you back mate

i think iain still away this weekend so sunday is free

sy did you get knicked while in glasgow selling youre ass outside the st. vincent street bogs?

speak soon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stabwest:

good to have you back mate

i think iain still away this weekend so sunday is free

sy did you get knicked while in glasgow selling youre ass outside the st. vincent street bogs?

speak soon <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Davie , you clearly have an unhealthy knowledge of where to buy bumsex in Glasgow. Ive lived there 27 years and even I didnae know that.

Something you want to tell us mate (and more importantly , tell the wife).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If thats a 1999 Rangers FC home or away shirt, ill be looking for a full refund.

Actually, if its an old firm shirt of any description, ill be having a bonfire.

good afternoon ladies,

still sitting here in sunny gran canaria.

I´m just waiting for the bus to run us to the airport then get back home but not expecting to be back the night until about midnight earliest.

So spanish game back on from next sunday.

Also, might start the spanish game back up in the new game but back onto the original format of just playing when were all free, see how it goes.

good to see the ferret back, catch you all soon lads

later

Going out tonight but should not be too late in, so I’ll pop in to see if the game is still up. Good to see one of the games back up and running. icon_biggrin.gif

sorry lads,

came home early from work on monday with flu ( real men dont get colds ) and took two pain killers supplied by my dear old grandad, who up tuesday morning think what the hell !

still feel like crap though.

Thursday night if anyone is up for it or we just giving it a by till the new game pops through the letterbox ?

http://www.iainstewart.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/teamlogos/espanyol-logo.jpg

what a week it has been for Juan Ibanez

while other have been getting the sack or quitting there posts

Juan has been busy knocking back job offers from the likes of Valencia and Real Betis

and to think it wasn't that long ago when a certain manager was labeling mr Ibanez a dud

while others are spending silly money

ibanez has only managed to spend a mere £1.9 m in two n a half seasons

(some clubs pay that in a week for wages) icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

How did the good old Sociedad get on last night? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do believe you managed to put away Sav in the Semi's of the cup final, to take you to a final appearance against ..... Barcelona.

Either that or i beat you in the Semi's. To be honest, we were all so busy laughing at Iain getting sacked i dont think any of us remember what the **** happened icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Aye I blew a 2-0 lead icon_rolleyes.giffrom the first leg only for your team to fight back and win in ET 3-2. It was a good match all the same but you’re in the final and good luck with that. icon_smile.gif

Iain getting sacked I think was the high light or low point depending on your point of view, and Davie knocked back a good job offer.

Gaz I thought you might have been away at the Gers game but I see it’s the one in December you were thinking about when I read the Gers forum.

Anyway good to be back playing CM icon14.gif and it was great listening to the Gers match and spoiling the goals for Davie as he was streaming the match over the net and radio Scotland was a minute or two behind on it. icon_biggrin.gif

i think gaz your 2nd or 3rd in the league

we still on for tonight?

updates on scores

Celta (a) 0-3

Zaragoza (h) 3-0

Osasuna (h) 2-0

Valencia (a) 1-0

Villareal (h) 1-2

Real Madrid (a) 2-2

Malaga (a) 1-2

Ath Bilbao (h) 4-0

top 3 scorers

M.Rodriguez 11, R.Tamudo 9, Jo 6

Yes lads

I've been sacked again, and my quest to be named worst Champ Manager of 2004 remains unchallenge, and with Getafe so far adrift, looks like I'm going down again.

Sav I've just realised what you were doing, didn't relaise that he was listening on the web, which makes that even funnier.

Mind lads not around tonight, and in London end of week so no spanish game until sunday night.

Oh well after bringing Celta back to a respectable position in the league and getting then into the CL and through in the UEFA Cup plus getting them financially sorted out it was time for Manager Savio to move on to Valencia.

Valencia might be badly in Debt but the new manager plans to try to hold on to some of the highly rated and valuable players in the squad while bringing the debt down to a level that is acceptable for the team to progress.

All the old dead wood is slowly getting weeded out with some past stars moving on Zidane, Montolivo, Figo. Kovacevic to name a few to cut the wage bill.

The Managers first impression is that there is plenty of quality players and an impressive front line up of Tevez and Pazzini with Robinho in reserve. The team has some great players Arteta, Boumsong, Glan Johnson, Stankovic and newly promoted Dawson roll off the team sheet. It should be interesting and hopefully the team can put in a great challenge next season and take on [/b]Stefano Bodragueno and Tonerinho.

Oh aye good luck Eon on your appointment. icon14.gif

Till next Sunday.

icon_smile.gif

espanyol-logo.jpg

as Savio takes the Valencia job (a job i knocked back, am i MAD yes icon_biggrin.gif)

little old Espanyol just keep plodding along

although a win has become hard to achived in the last few weeks

the highlight of the last few games has to be the stunning win over Barcelona , all be it 1-0

Ibanez " being on a run of 5 games without a win and youre city rivals come over for what they though was going to be a walk in the park , lets face it everyone was thinking that ,and to come through the match with a win , not only against our rivals but the current league champions and the team that are holding top spot in the table , then to see your team get a humping from Real Sociedad the following week its just hard to take"

updates on scores

Sevilla (a) 4-2

Valladolid (h) 4-0

Mallorca (a) 0-1

Extremadura (h) 2-3

Deportivo (a) 3-3

Ciudad de Murcia (h) 0-0

Ath Madrid (a) 1-1

Barcelona (h) 1-0

Real Sociedad (a) 0-2

pld 32 pts 49 (6th)

Top goal scorers

Rodriguez 14 Tamudo 11 Jo 9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Just a reminder im away this weekend lads, so wont be around for Sundays game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

just another reminder NO LAPTOP either icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

I'll be up the road for about 7:30

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With a bag of sweets and some Brownie points with the family…..

icon_biggrin.gif

And I've reached a new low in online play and disappeared to the depths of spanish wilderness.

It was fun while the dream lasted.

I'll be online tonight for playing if anyone is interested should be home from work about 7 catch me on msn or in sunday.cmclan

and my quest to claim worst online player in the spanish game goes unchallenged.

cheers

“my quest to claim worst online player in the spanish game goes unchallenged.â€

Your just doing it backwards icon_biggrin.gif, hay the main thing is your playing. If I remember three not so small clubs just got relegated probably due to there past managers (cough) Gaz icon_rolleyes.gif, I’d jump on one and take them back up.

Sorry I was not back last night before you called it a night, but by the looks of it, it was only Gaz getting a shamed player.

Here will Mutu be in Fm now?

Catch you later.

ok lads,

new game out this thursday. On pre order so I should have it for then

My proposal is to scrap the current spanish inquisition and start a fresh in the new game.

This gives us a network game to play until the start of the new clan game with the scots lower leagues.

It also gives us online play to get used to it.

Open the game to all founding members and exsisting members, but with one or 2 changes,

I'd ban Madrid and Barca as bod became untouchable there.

Also when the scots lower leagues start we can put the spanish game back to the old way of a casual game we play when we have time.

well you can let me know lads

cheers

Iain

Got the game pre-ordered but don’t know when I’ll get it, I thought it would be Friday. Anyway good idea may as well get into the new FM game as I’ve hardly touched the Demo. icon14.gif

As for Bod’s Barca becoming untouchable, I think that was most of the appeal with me and Gaz to put up a fight to his mighty team, ok by the time I’ve looked at my team squad and decided I need a quality strike force and a right back and maybe a central defended Bod’s usually bought a second squad, got the school kids in and loaned a fare few out to get them games and tried to sell his dross off to us, but that’s a great yard stick. icon_biggrin.gif

I have no problems with the big teams being human, some get sacked anyhow and even if you start in a lower club its always interesting when one of the big club jobs is on offer. I’d just say not a total ban but the Ai gets the top few first and if the job comes up its open to all.

And just for reference , Gaz won the first league title with Valencia , and he won it at a canter. I just stayed steady , flirted with being sacked, and then got in the players i needed for my tactic.

Once Gaz got sacked , everyone scrabbled for his players ,broke up the best squad in the league, and i was pretty much untouchable after that. Rosco would have taken me with Valencia though as his Frontline was world class.

“Gaz won the first league title with Valenciaâ€

God I was to far out of it with Celta to take any notice, think I was 9th with debt and wage bills to sort out. As for Valencia there still a good side I just wish we were cracking on with it so I could have had a season to play with. Gaz, Davie and myself were getting together some good teams to try and stop three in a row.

And ok bod just for reference you slowly worked away, Gaz got sacked for sod all if I remember right leaving an opportunity, Valencia was striped a bit (Celta could only watch) and little by little the machine that is Barca woke up with you guidance. icon_biggrin.gif

Fm should be fun

icon_smile.gif

Archived