Finances: OK

Ave Ticket Price: $4.50 (AUD)

Ave Season Ticket Price: $38.30 (AUD)

Season Ticket Holders: 461

Estimated Value: $500k

Stadium: Canda Bhirawa

Capacity: 10000 (3000 seats)

Media Prediction: 6th

League Rules: We play in the Indonesian First Division which is the third teir of the pyramid. The top level is the Indonesian Super League, while the second teir is the Indonesian Premier Division. There are four groups of 12 teams. Teams play group opposition twice. Top two from each group are promoted to the Premier Division and go on to the Second Phase where the First Division champion is decided.

Continent: The winners of the top flight Indonesian Super League qualify for the following seasons Asian Champions League. The winners of the Copa Indonesia (FA Cup style comp.) qualify for the ACL qualifying round. The runners up in the league qualify for the second teir AFC Cup. We begin our journey two promotions away from the top flight.

Notes:All monetary value in Australian dollars. If you recognise the update style it's because it's based on hrbfcrule's style of updates in his Dosthill Colts thread. Feel free to ask any questions about the Indonesian football structure and I'll do my best to clear anything up.

Game is played on the 10.2 database with the following leagues running;

China (First Division & up), Indonesia (First Division & up), South Korea (N-League & up), USA (MLS), England (BSS/BSN & up), France (National & up), Germany (Third Division & up), Italy (Serie B & up), Holland (Jupiler League & up), N.Ireland (First Division & up), Portugal (Liga Vitalis & up), Ireland (First Division & up), Scotland (Third Division & up), Spain (Liga Adelante & up), Wales (Premiership), Australia (A-League).

PRE SEASON FRIENDLIES

Palu Putra (A) 3-0 (Sulistyanto 22', Aditya 26', Joko 90')

Persiku Kudus (H) 6-0 (Harianto 24' 30' 53', Maulana 45', Aditama 56', Joko 88') Premier Division Club

Apacinti Semarang (A) 4-0 (Harianto 14' 75', Kogoya 20', Septiyanto 48')

Persipasi Berkasi (H) 3-0 (Sujatmiko 41' 62', own goal 59') Premier Division Club

PS Musi Banyuasin (H) 0-1 Premier Division Club

PSBI Blitar (H) 3-3 (Sujatmiko 45', Harianto 58' 62') Premier Division Club

Mini Australian Tour

We travelled to the state of Queensland in Australia to face three lower league sides. We got off to a good start but had two dissapointing results in the last two games.

North Queensland Razorbacks (A) 2-0 (own goal 41', Harianto 58')

Capricorn Cougars (A) 1-3 (Joko 66')

Bundaberg Spirit (A) 0-4

PRE SEASON

P9, W5, D1, L3, FOR22, AG11

A great start to pre-season winning our first four matches with a combined score of 16-0. Then we only managed one win in our last five. So I have no idea were we are sitting going into the season.

AUGUST 2009

LEAGUE: Persedikab Kediri 2-1 Persid Jember

We went in big underdogs even though it was a home game. Our opponents are predicted to finish second in our group and therefore challenge for promotion. The first half saw Persid dominate possesion and we struggled to create threats on the opposition goal. Our defence held strong and went to the break scoreless. The second half started similarly and we battled bravely until the 70th minute. Persid's veteran striker Malik Naya 'beat' the offside trap and converted cooly. I thought we'd fall apart but just four minutes later substitute Saiful Sujatmiko equalised. He played a one two with Jeki Kegoya and waltzed through the middle of the defence to slot home into an unguarded net. I would have taken a point, but an amazing win was secured in the 90th minute. 16yo central defender Muhammad Lestaluhu stepped up to a free kick from 25 yards out and picked out the top corner to secure the three points. Amazing.

GOALSCORERS: Saiful Sujatmiko 74' (1st), Muhammad Lestaluhu 90' (1st)

LEAGUE: PSBL Langsa (4th, W) 0-1 Persedikab Kediri (3rd, W)

Again we were massive underdogs paying $11 for the win. This time though we bossed the game. Captain and star striker Wahyu Aditya wasted many chances and generally had a poor game. It was his understudy Imam Harianto who got the crucial goal. On 24 minutes his classy turn in the box lost three defenders and gave him the space to convert from close range. On 37 minutes PSBL Langsa were given a way back into the game after being awarded a dubious penalty. Justice was delivered though as 36yo keeper Djuli saved. We had many more chances to make the game safe, but still were more than happy with a second straight win.

GOALSCORERS: Imam Harianto 24' (1st)

LEAGUE: Persedikab Kediri (2nd, WW) 3-0 Perserang Serang (9th, DD)

This was the first time we were given a realistic chance of winning and we blitzed our opposition. Wahyu Aditya had his best match of the season bagging a double after 22 minutes. His first came in the 12th minute after Muhammad Lestaluhu lost his man on the left and delivered a pin point cross to the far post for Aditya to nod in. His second came from a huge error in the Perserang defence as defender Doli Sutikno and keeper Fajar Karisma collided and the ball fell to Aditya's feet for an easy tap in. Sadly, Aditya was forced off with an injury six minutes later. He'll be fine for the next match though. The third and final came just before half time. 16yo winger Jeki Kegoya's long range effort took a huge deflection and wrong footed the keeper to give him his first senior goal.

GOALSCORERS: Wahyu Aditya 12' (1st) 22' (2nd), Jeki Kogoya 44' (1st)

LEAGUE: PSP Padang (4th, WLW) 1-1 Persedikab Kediri (2nd, WWW)

Once again and despite our great start to the season, we went into a match as massive underdogs. And we lived up to the tag on 14 minutes. Our defence parted and let PSP striker Jerry Pikey stroll through and easily put his side ahead. Despite contolling most of the match, we were again wasting many chances. Finally we were back on level terms with 15 minutes remaining. From a corner the ball deflected out to the edge of the area. Faris Aditama hit it lace out first time into the top corner. We then controlled the final 15 minutes but couldn't find the breakthrough. PSP's best chance came in the 5th minute of what was supposed to be two added minutes. Happy with the point.

GOALSCORERS: Faris Aditama 74' (1st)

END OF AUGUST REVIEW

Official Awards

Muhammad Lestaluhu - 2nd Young Player of Month (4 apps, 1 gl, 1 ast, 1 mom, 7.45)

Me - 2nd Manager of the Month (4 pl, 3 wins, 1 dw, 0 loss, +7, 2nd)

Persedikab Kediri Player of the Month

Muhammad Lestaluhu (4 apps, 1 gl, 1 ast, 1 mom, 7.45)

One of five 16 year olds signed at the beginning of the season, Lestaluhu's performance at left back has showed up his older teammates. A potential long term star for the team.

Table (Indonesian First Division - First Phase - Group A)
Team			Pl	W	D	L	F	A	GD	PTS
Barito Putra		4	3	1	0	8	1	+7	10
PERSEDIKAB KEDIRI	4	3	1	0	7	2	+5	10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSB Bogor		4	2	2	0	6	3	+3	8
PSP Padang		4	2	1	1	6	2	+4	7
Persid Jember		4	2	1	1	6	4	+2	7
PSBL Langsa		4	2	1	1	3	2	+1	7
PSBL Bandar Lampung	4	2	0	2	4	6	-2	6
Persipal Palu		4	2	0	2	3	5	-2	6
Cilegon FC		4	1	0	3	4	5	-1	3
Perserang Serang	4	0	2	2	3	7	-4	2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSIB Bengkalis		4	0	1	3	1	7	-6	1
Persewangi Banyuwangi	4	0	0	4	0	7	-7	0

SEPTEMBER 2009

LEAGUE: Persedikab Kediri (2nd, WWWD) 2-0 Persipal Palu (8th, LWLW)

Now I know what my teams capable of, I went into this game confident of a win. On 20 minutes we scored the opener. 16yo central defender Ferry Hariyadi rising highest to nod in from a corner. He's just been called up to the Indonesia U21 side for the second time and put himself in the forefront of the managers mind. Eight minutes later we doubled the lead. Another of the 16yo Brigade, Imam Harianto was put through one on one by Sulistyanto and beat the advancing keeper. Once again the second half was dominated by us and our missed chances. We could have buried them 6-0. Still the great start of the season continues.

GOALSCORERS: Ferry Hariyadi 20' (1st), Imam Harianto 28' (2nd)

LEAGUE: Barito Putra (1st, WWDWW) 1-0 Persedikab Kediri (2nd, WWWDW)

A match which really had some big swings. Barito Putra dominated the first 15 or so minutes before we controlled the rest of the half. The second half was much more even but our opponents seemed more polished in their ball movement. The inevitable breakthrough came in the 71st minute when their striker Shaiful Nazar went through on goal. Our keeper Djuli got a hand to the shot but couldn't keep it out. We had a number of chances to steal a point but instead suffered our first loss of the season.

LEAGUE: Persedikab Kediri (3rd, WWDWL) 2-0 Cilegon FC (9th, LLWLD)

A change as we went into this match as heavy favourites. And as has become the norm, we had plenty of chances but couldn't convert. The breakthrough came on 36 minutes through young defender Ferry Hariyadi who ghosted in on the far post to head home a Sulistyanto corner. Despite plenty more chances we went in with a precarious 1-0 lead. On 65 minutes Cilegon lost defender Risdianto to a straight red card and we capitalised 15 minutes later when substitute Saiful Sujatmiko found the bottom corner from close range.

GOALSCORERS: Ferry Hariyadi 36' (2nd), Saiful Sujatmiko 82' (2nd)

LEAGUE: PSBL Bandar Lampung (5th, WLWLW) 1-2 Persedikab Kediri (3rd, WDWLW)

We started the stronger and had the opener on 25 minutes. Imam Harianto threaded a great through ball which Hadi Septiyanto latched on to and converted from a tight angle. Just before half time PSBL started taking control and despite going to the break in front it looked as though they'd be the next to score. So it happened. In the 63rd minute Jamra floated a cross to the far post where it was 2 on 1 in favour of them. Iqbal Rasyid rose tallest and headed in the equaliser. There was a feeling around the ground that they would run away with it but in the final minute there was drama. Faris Aditama picked up the ball for us and made a run into the box but had his shirt pulled by Usmanto and the Ref pointed to the spot. The responsibility fell to our 16yo defender Ferry Hariyadi who calmly sent the keeper the wrong way to secure all three points.

GOALSCORERS: Hadi Septiyanto 25' (1st), Ferry Hariyadi 90'+1' (3rd)

END OF SEPTEMBER REVIEW

Ferry Hariyadi (4 apps, 3 gls, 2 mom, 7.50)

For a 16yo to be first choice centre back and our star player of September fills me with confidence. He's been solid as a rock at the back, a threat at corners and as cool as a cucumber at the penalty spot.

Barito Putra		8	7	1	0	14	1	+13	22
Persedikab Kediri	8	6	1	1	13	4	+9	19
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSB Bogor		8	5	2	1	17	6	+11	17
PSP Padang		8	4	3	1	10	3	+7	15
Persid Jember		8	4	2	2	12	8	+4	14
PSBL Langsa		8	3	3	2	5	4	+1	12
PSBL Bandar Lampung	8	4	0	4	7	9	-2	12
Persipal Palu		8	2	2	4	4	10	-6	8
Perserang Serang	8	1	3	4	6	11	-5	6
Cilegon FC		8	1	1	6	7	13	-6	4
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSIB Bengkalis		8	0	3	5	2	11	-9	3
Persewangi Banyuwangi	8	0	1	7	1	18	-17	1

Nice game. Interesting choice and one that offers a cool twist with no european/world class players coming to you so all home development.

What kind of competitions are you playing in? Is there a version of the Euro cups in Asia? for your team. A review of competitions will help us understand your success more.

Thanks mate. If I'm honest I'm learning as I go but what I can tell you is we are in the third teir which is the lowest playable league in Indonesia. From what I can see so far, the champions of the top division qualify for the qualifying rounds of the Asian Champions League so I'm along way away from that. The FA cup style competition begins later on but there doesn't appear to be any qualification to further tournaments for the winner.

I'm more than happy to answer any queries anyone has.

I have thought a few times about playing eastern leagues but the draw of Europe is to big :) I have played Brazilian and Argentinian leagues before but never sustained them.

I think it is the restrictions mostly. I like having a little freedom when building a squad while keeping a national backbone to my teams. Are you allowed foreign players? or all home grown

Man your PC must be smokin'

I am running 5 countries and was 4 1/2 for PC speed and 3 1/3 for game speed.

Will be interesting to see if you can ever get a Western player to come to your league

So far so good in regards to the computer. RichG, I haven't technically been on holiday's but my brain certainly was.

OCTOBER 2009

COPA INDONESIA 1ST ROUND DRAW: We have been drawn to face Persitoli Tolikara. They are currently 2nd in Group D of the First Division which is the same level as us. It will be played away.

LEAGUE: Persedikab Kediri (2nd, DWLWW) 3-0 Persewangi Banyuwangi (12th, LLLLD)

We were huge favourites in a second against last clash and we dominated the match with 20 shots to 3. Our first goal came on 7 minutes when Wahyu Aditya won a 50/50 challenge and then smashed a shot home from the edge of the area. With 22 minutes gone a foul in the box from a long throw allowed Catur Sandy to score from the spot and make it 2-0. 38 minutes had been played when the game was over as any sort of contest. Our opponents had central defender Aris Rusdianto sent off for a foul as the last defender. Finally on 51 minutes Aditya was hauled down from a corner kick and the ref awarded us our second penalty of the game. Young defender Adi Suheri struck the ball down the middle whilst their keeper dove left. 3-0 a solid result but we still couldn't make ground on Barito Putra who also won.

GOALSCORERS: Wahyu Aditya 7' (3rd), Catur Sandy 22'pen (1st), Adi Suheri 51'pen (1st)

COPA INDONESIA 1ST ROUND 1ST LEG: Persitoli Tolikara (First Division) 0-1 Persedikab Kediri (First Division)

We put ourselves in a strong position with a 1-0 away win. Aditya got the winner in the first half as his long range shot cannoned in off the upright. It was a real game of two half's as we dominated the first half but had our backs to the wall in the second. The second leg takes place in a weeks time.

GOALSCORERS: Wahyu Aditya 26' (4th)

LEAGUE: PSB Bogor (3rd, WWLDD) 0-1 Persedikab Kediri (2nd, WLWWW)

I believe this result was our best so far. Playing a really good team on their patch, disaster struck in the 41st minute. First choice left back Muhammad Lestaluhu had to be taken off with a foot injury (fine, will play next match). Just three minutes later goalkeeper Djuli had to be replaced after hurting his knee (out for four weeks) and in the fourth minute of first half stoppage time, centre-back Ferry Hariyadi was shown a dubious straight red card (which I've appealed). So all three subs had been made before half time and we were a man down. So to say I was thrilled with Faris Aditama's 76th minute thunderbolt would be an understatement. The midfielder picked the ball up at the centre circle and ran at the PSB Bogor defence before smashing an effort in off the right hand upright. A stunner and a great result.

GOALSCORERS: Faris Aditama 76' (2nd)

COPA INDONESIA 1ST ROUND 2ND LEG: Persedikab Kediri (2) 1-1 (1) Persitoli Tolikara

As a stand alone result I would have to be dissapointed but given the circumstances I'll take it. Missing our first choice player and playing our fourth game in 11 days had taken it's toll on the players. Despite this we took the lead as Faris Aditama bagged his second in as many games. Wahyu Aditya's strike was saved but the rebound could only be pushed to Aditama to knock into the empty net. Persitoli equalised though just five minutes later with Noce Sokoy heading in off the post from a corner. A slightly dissapointing result but progress in the cup.

GOALSCORERS: Faris Aditama 62' (3rd)

LEAGUE: Persedikab Kediri (2nd, LWWWW) 1-0 PSIB Bengkalis (11th, DDDLL)

A good solid result but once again our poor finishing has cost us a much needed goal difference boost. We should have won 4-0 but still the three point is the most important thing. For the third match running Faris Aditama got our goal. This time he recieved Muhammad Lestaluhu's pass in acres of space on the edge of the area and was given the time to turn and score another long range cracker. Pleasingly Barito Putra could only manage a 1-1 draw at 3rd place Persid Jember meaning we cut their lead to just one point.

GOALSCORERS: Faris Aditama 18' (4th)

END OF OCTOBER REVIEW (HALF WAY MARK)

Official Awards

Faris Aditama - 3rd Goal of the Month (For goal against PSB Bogor)

Me - 2nd Manager of the Month (P 3, W 3, D 0, L 0, F 5, A 0, PTS 9)

Faris Aditama (2(1) apps, 2 gls, 2 mom, 7.46)

A real breakout month for the 21 year old midfielder as he stood up as a more attacking midfielder. He has started to get forward more which is important as our strikeforce has been misfiring. Hopefully he can continue his form.

Barito Putra		11	9	2	0	20	2	+18	29
Persedikab Kediri	11	9	1	1	18	4	+14	28
Persid Jember		11	5	4	2	16	11	+5	19
PSB Bogor 		10	5	3	2	17	7	+10	18
PSP Padang		10	5	3	2	12	5	+7	18
PSBL Langsa		10	3	5	2	8	7	+1	14
PSBL Bandar Lampung	10	4	2	4	9	11	-2	14
Persipal Palu		11	3	3	5	9	16	-7	12
Perserang Serang	10	1	5	4	6	11	-5	8
Cilegon FC		11	1	2	8	8	18	-10	5
PSIB Bengkalis		11	0	4	7	2	13	-11	4
Persewangi Banyuwangi	11	0	2	8	2	22	-20	2

Archived