How do you play the man just behind the striker?

Iv just started a new game with West Ham, and decided at play a 4-4-1-1 with Diamanti and then Cole. How would you personally get the best out of both of them?

What i want to see is Diamanti threading through balls in behind the defence for Cole, but in the one freindly iv played he only got a 6.9. Whilst we won 4-0 and cole scored 2. I played him as an inside forward (support) and Cole as a complete forward (attack). Everything was at default exept i deduced his 'Runs with Ball'. On reflection in not sure inside forward it the best position for him, but i was worried that Cole would be isolated up top on his own.

In the past i have seen the "in the hole" player set up with a defensive mentality, so that he doesn't get in the strikers space.

Any advice will be very greatfully recieved...

Matt.

Cole = +4/5 ticks higher mentality than Diamanti, run from deep often, run with ball often, through ball and cross mixed or rarely, no marking, no roaming.

Diamanti = mentality adjusted to striker, run from deep rarely, run with ball mixed, through ball and cross often, and try roaming to see if it suits him, no marking.

I play them in a 4-4-2. Think I have Cole sorted but still tinkering with Diamanti.

Cole Right

Ment--------- attack as far as you can go

CF------------little

FR------------Sometimes

RWB----------sometimes

LS------------rare

TB------------rare

CB------------rare

Roam---------No

1st Season 23 goals in 34 apps

2nd Season 2o goals in 26 apps so far

Diamanti Left

Ment--------Normal (trying less than rest of team)

CF------------much

FR-----------Some

RWB--------Some

LS---------Rare

TB--------Often

CB--------Rare

Roam------Yes

Season 1 6 goals in 24 apps

Season 2 7 goals in 24 apps so far

Archived