Loaded Leagues :

Belgium (Third Division and above)

France (CFA and above)

England (Level 8 divisions and above)

Germany (Third Division and above)

Italy (Serie D and above)

Spain (Third Division and above)

Argentina (Second Division and above)

My first thread and hopefully my last as I would like to update you on my journey throughout Football Manager 2010 including the ups and downs throughout my career. This will be most likely a journeyman career but if I like a team and enjoying success with them then I doubt I will jump ships. So, to get things underway, I opted to go for Insubria Caronnese Turate who are currently playing in Serie D/ Grp.B which is in Italy. Hopefully, you would like this career as I attempt to build a team from scratch and also I will be doing monthly updates if that's easier to read.

If not, then I will opt for seasonly updates.

Just in case you have no idea in who Insubria Caronnese Turate are then I will leave you with some information about them :)

Insubria.JPG

Sport Club Insubria Associazione Sportiva Dilettantistica, formerly Gruppo Sportivo Salus et Virtus Turate is an Italian football club located in Caronno Pertusella and Turate, Lombardy. It currently plays in Serie D. Its colors are white and blue.

The club is also referred as CaronneseTurate.

How are you doing Level 9 and above in England - if you're using my file, it will have to be Level 8 and above, or Level 10 and above - or Man Utd will appear in the non-league cups in the second season and beyond. Just thought I should mention it before you get too far, just in case.

My first real update and I hope you enjoy it.

Transfer Budget - 18K

Transfers I managed to bring in

Picture2.png

As you can see, I may have gone overboard with my transfers but that's the price to pay when your team is being tipped for relegation. Hopefully these players will gel together well in pre-season and hopefully contribute to some possible success this season. I am happy with the signing of Bandieri as he will be my star goalkeeper. Also Apuzzo looks like he can become a pivotal player for us as he will be our main striker. He's not on the screenie but Idrogo is a Peruvian central midfielder and he will be my main playmaker. My main defender will be Roberto Simone as he cost me a chunk of my transfer budget totalling upto a sum of £14K and maybe he will be the rock in the heart of my defence.

Pre Season Friendlies

Insubria 2 - 1 Insubria Reserves

I decided to arrange a game with a reserves to see how good my team is at the moment and I'm fairly happy with the signings I managed to bring in. The first goal of the game came courtesy of us as Comi slipped in Simone Venturelli who slipped it past the goalkeeper as he gave us an early lead. The reserves managed to restore the score to 1-1 as Bambini struck a shot from inside the box as it struck the post which ultimately went in but we survived in the 89th minute as Tony Pitesa struck a beautiful 35 yard free kick which sent me into raptures even though it was a friendly and hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Insubria 1 - 1 Insubria Reserves

I decided to arrange another game with the reserves just 12 days later to see if I got incredibly lucky in the first match or was it that we dominated but couldn't find the back of the net. My hunch was right as they opened the scoring through Pellegrino but we never gave up and struck shot after shot at their goalkeeper. I was so desperate to draw that I decided to bring on another striker for Apuzzo but little did I know, I accidentally brought on the goalkeeper, Salvatore Piccolo on for Trocini. I was helpless to watch on as I saw my goalkeeper make one good shot until the 90th minute where Salvatore Piccolo popped up to score the winning goal with his head! Just to remind you, my goalkeeper playing as a striker netted the equaliser in the 90th minute!

Arenzano 1 - 0 Insubria

After Luca Terenzio struck in the second minute for Arenzanom, I was worried that we would have a beating but I was generally pleased with the way my side stuck in and not concede for the next 88 minutes although I am worried that my strikers tested their goalkeeper but couldn't finish it so I will most probably snoop around the transfer market to see if I can find a clinical striker who can play alongside Apuzzo in future.

Insubria 3 - 0 Biellese

I was suprised with how comfortable this result was but I guess I should have expected my squad's gelling to happen sooner rather than later. The game started out with my both teams having their fair share of shots on goal but it was the 9th minute when Marco De Santis was felled in the box and consequently scored the penalty. After, the first half I told my side to go out there and win the match bar it being a friendly and Giusepe Rosi answered it after a poor clearance by Biellese's goalkeeper which resulted him from striking it on the half way line which found it's way into the back of the net. In the 71st minute, a corner was taken by Croce where it ended up to Annone who was felled in the box while leaping for a header. Marco Croce slotted the penalty in the top right hand corner with considerable ease. Another win which could prove great with my side. :o

Insubria 3 - 0 Canzese

Another dominant win this time to Canzese who in all fairness should've got something out of this game. The match started out good for us having a considerable amount of shots at Canzese's goalkeeper but the opening goal ultimately came in the 28th minute where Bruno Trocini struck a wicked shot from outside of the box where it nestled in the top left corner. A goal and a good start but it didn't stop there for him as he popped up inside the box which resulted in Trocini smashing a shot past the goalkeeper. 2-0 up and looking odds-on to win this friendly. During the second half we were living dangerously as they cut us open mutiple times but couldn't apply the finishing touch. We managed to secure the win in the 90th minute where Zuccheti crossed the ball and Yuri Recchi smashing a header past the goalkeeper.

Insubria 0 - 0 Pro Settimo & Eureka

I was suprised with this result in all honesty as we had more shots and shots on target than Pro Settimo & Eureka. The only highlight was Martino Pezzutto's long range shot which left the goalkeeper in no mans land but it just whistled over the bar.

Insubria 1 - 2 Aquanera

We probably deserved this defeat but maybe I could've done better in terms of tactics as they easily had more shots than me. Giampiero Appuzo opened the scoring for me as he took on one defender before slotting the ball past the helpless goalkeeper. But they struck back twice through Mauro Bertaccini and Allesandro Spano and I left the match unhappy that we managed to come away with nothing. Hopefully the next match will be a improvement.

Insubria 0 - 1 Cervia

After the last match I was expecting at least some improvement and there was as we managed to concede only one goal against much stronger opposition. We maybe could've had a goal or two but it was Cervia who ultimately came out on top thanks to Gennaro Chietti.

I was very impressed with how we approached each and every friendly and I have to admit, I was suprised at how much my signings had made an impact. Hopefully, this league season will be a success and I hope you enjoyed this first update and if I can recieve feedback then I will appreciate it very much.

I prefer seasonal updates myself. ;)

Well, I prefer monthly updates but I still hope you will carry on reading this story.

Don't start that whole discussion again Nobby! ;) You know i'll get the blame! ;)

Good luck at Insubria Caronnese Turate :thup:

Thanks mate and I would love to hear that discussion

How are you doing Level 9 and above in England - if you're using my file, it will have to be Level 8 and above, or Level 10 and above - or Man Utd will appear in the non-league cups in the second season and beyond. Just thought I should mention it before you get too far, just in case.

Sorry mate, it's a typo and what I meant to put in was Level 8 and above so I'm happy that I don't get Man Utd in the non-league cups.

Archived