Two Target Men

I seem to have a surfeit of target men forwards and nothing else, so what do you think?

In playing 2 up front, does it make sense to set two target men - one attack and one support? My best striker is 'target man (attack)' so I'd set the target man tick box to aim at him, but would a second target man (support) be contradictory, or is there a logic to it?

Or do you think I need to retrain my lesser strikers to be complete forwards or poachers?

:)

I would have said it might be better to have a poacher alongside your target man... but I've never actually tried two target men.

I don't particularly thing two target men would be contradictory. You will after all have the option in team instructions to set the "primary" target man, with the "secondary" feeding off the former potentially, whilst also providing support.

Not sure if I would be comfortable with it entirely though, because although it could be effective, it might require considerable work and changes in other areas to get the best out of it.

I like having 2 target man. I mean 2 strikers at front with all the characteristics of target men, preferably 2 played to head, or 1 to head and 1 to feet.

But I'd prefer setting them as advanced forwards in terms of their role and duty. This requires them to have 10+ crossing and probably 12+ pace for major leagues though.

Try it out and I bet you'd have even better results.

If you really want target man role, I'd use support duty for 1 target man and 1 poacher. This requires specific type of players though.

Archived