[FM10] The Italian Job

ToMexico!!

Right, after a little dry spell from this forum I have decided to return with a new save as part of the Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge.

Figuration: FM10 Patched 10.0.3

Leagues Loaded: Italy to Serie C2

I have selected to go with Italy as I have tried and failed in that nation before but feel I need to complete this challenge this time round.

ChietiBadge.jpg

Founded in 1922, Chieti are a professional Italian club currently playing in Serie C2/B. The club play their home at Guido Angelini which has a 9007 (9000 seated) capacity. They have average training facilities and a basic youth setup. The have fierce rivalries with team such as Castel di Sangro, Pescara and Virtus Lanciano.

stadio_chieti.jpg

Profile | Personal

I have been given a deal until June 2012 worth £800 per week. The board are expecting us to steer clear of relegation this season. To do so I have been given a transfer budget of 45k and a weekly wage budget of 7k. The club is spending just under 2k a week.

Looking at the ranks there is one outstanding star at this point in time. Bulgarian national Ivan Ploshkatov has some nous behind to be a great player for the club. I have affiliated links with Serie A sides Sampdoria and Udinese which will help no end. We currently have no staff so my first job will be to fill up the backroom.

ChietiBadge.jpg

This is the self preservation society...

Oh wait, you're not in Torino.

And if you ever get to play out your rivalry with Castel di Sangro, there's only one team I want to win there, and they're from the small mountain town famous for it's Miracle.

2010/11 Pre-Season & Serie C Cup

First off was bringing in the backroom staff, I placed adverts for an Assman, Scout, Coach, Physio and Fitness Coach. First to come in was the unemployed Riccardo Argurio, he was soon followed by an Assman, who at his former club of Sangiustese was a fitness coach, I was pleasantly surprised by some of Riccardo Spurio's stats. We then signed a fitness coach of our own, a physio, two more scouts and three more coach including a goalkeeper coach.

We had very few players to work with and as I said in the OP only one player was of a high standard. We needed more players in and sent the scouts out, surprisingly I was able to scout quite a few nations around Europe and even Brazil and Chile in the Americas. I sent two out around Italy and another to Spain then France. So far the following players have come in;

GK, Constanzo (Free)

DR, Ciofani (7k, Ascoli)

DL, Arminise (5k, Varese)

DC, Teani (Free)

DC, Calistri (8k, Alghero)

MC, Zelletta (Free)

DM, Leto (Loan, Sampdoria)

DL, Licata (Loan, Udinese)

DC, Orbotelli (Loan, Udinese)

I have failed to find a striker or two good enough for Serie C or loan wise, I think I'll be bringing in what I can over the next few weeks to bulk up the squad, as long as I stay within the wage budget.

Friendlies

L 3-1 v Cittadella

Serie C Cup Group H

L 2-1 v Pro Vasto

D 0-0 v Viterbese

D 0-0 v Virtus Lanciano

L3-0 v Valle del Giovenco

Group Table

Very disappointing final table but what I had expected really, we are an incomplete squad, lacking strikers first and foremost, something which I am trying to address at this present time.

Archived