Inside forward/Winger in 10.3

Just really wanting to know what other people's experiences are, I started a new game with Burnley for this new patch, running a 4-5-1 with chris eagles as a right winger and robbie blake as a left inside forward.

7 games in Blake has 4 goals, 2 assists. Previous patches I haven't been able to get my wingers to be anything more than delivery boys for central shots.

My question is, anyone else have any modicum of success with inside forwards this patch? Oh, and if you're using the exploit, it doesn't count.

Ronaldo as an Inside Forward using that thread on here for recreating icons is working wonders. He finds himself in the box for headers and makes some brilliant runs, hell he even lays some nice through balls. Higuain and Kaka as sub in replacements serve as good backup and don't make a drastic drop off.

Ronaldo's Stats (no exploit):

11 games/ 11 goals/ 3 assists / 8.62 dribble / 72 passer rating.

I use a slightly modified 4-5-1 with a DM/ML/MC/AM/AMR/ST set up as a slanted rhombus. Gives all my players a lot of room to roam.

How do people get wingers to work. Every time I use wingers, all their crosses are intercepted and they never get any assists.

Have you tried the "Moves into channels" wide setting for your players ? They tend to be a little more flexible then and won't just bang the ball into the defender 100% of the time. Maybe you could even set it to "Inside Forward" but keep "Crossing: Often" to have the players trying to run in between the full back and the centre half and cross from there instead of from the line. I didn't test that yet though.

Generally classic wingplay aka the winger running to the groundline and crossing for the target man to nod it in seems to be rather difficult to pull off in FM10. Looking at real football that isn't entirely unrealistic either.

How do people get wingers to work. Every time I use wingers, all their crosses are intercepted and they never get any assists.

If they have the skills set, use one as an "Advanced Playmaker" and the other as an "Inside Forward", or use both as "Wide Midfielders".

Archived