Heading the ball

Hi Guys

I hope this post is iin the right place.

Can any one please tell me how I get my players to head the ball downwards.

Every time a player heads the ball in the box it goes over the bar.

Can I set it in any way so thet they head it towards the ground?

Cheers Jim

Crossing to far post works like a treat if made from deep and if there is a player moving into that position from wide. If crossing to far post onto a still standing FC on the other hand, he often misses unless he has great anticipation, agility, jumping and heading, just like in real life.

The key here is not just the crossing but the movement of the receivers.

If you use incuting wingers, then you can let the fullbacks cross from deep onto the far post and you will see that both the crossing completion and covertion rate will be much higher( look in the analyzing tool, not in the overall match stats).

If having crosses set from Byline, I find it better to do so with the "center" as the aim. In this position, you often see the attacking MC or the more defensive FC coming with speed when they hit the ball. I have scored plenty of goals this way where my players put it away in the bottom corner of the goal. Both these ways do call for not only for the crosser to be better in average in doing so but also for the byline crosser to have acceleration and agility and for the Fullbacks, from deep, to have a good decision stat. As for the scorer, he do need higher than average off the ball/anticipation and heading( jumping not essentially here)

Also remember that many crosses that are either blocked, misses its target or are headed over the bar are crosses taken by the player as a last resort and a few seconds too late.

*My spellcheck is not working

that my dear friend makes no difference.

What, you've tested every combination of attributes, with a decent sample size for each (say, 100 events) and studied the millions of such combinations in a specially modified match engine to generate only those conditions and nothing else to interfer?

Well done.

Archived