I ruined Rooney's career

God knows why you spent 90 million on a player that wasn't playing well. English players are renowned for not settling in well abroad. It rarerly happens. Why leave the best league in the world for a start?

It was an impulsive buy. You know I spent 5 years in the Bulgarian league with very limited cash. I made the move to Atletiko and BAM! 140mil+ and just 30 days to create a whole new team and hire completely new staff and all. So it was a mixture of hurry/impulse/joy :D

Actually he started pretty well scored very important goal winners then unsettled and everything went downhill.

Why leave the league? Well for a new challenge? Not everyone is Winston Bogarde you know :D

It was an impulsive buy. You know I spent 5 years in the Bulgarian league with very limited cash. I made the move to Atletiko and BAM! 140mil+ and just 30 days to create a whole new team and hire completely new staff and all. So it was a mixture of hurry/impulse/joy :D

This reminds me of people who come into big money suddenly, like win a huge lottery, and then just a few years later wonder where all the money went. Well, you did buy those 10 mansions, 50 cars, and a gold statue of yourself, that you probably didn't really need.

Archived