is it imposible to make a 4-4-2 that can defend i have used 4-3-3 and other narrow formation but soon as i make a wide one like a 4-4-2 that i love, all i seem to do is score a lot which is grate but i will let in way to many which leads to a lot of draws

i am not the greatest at tatics but on fm 09 and 08 i made good 4-4-2 formation that worked very well

Play with both your CMs taking a defensive or supporting role. I play 4-4-2 with advanced wingers (the old 442 attacking form 97/98) and I have my right CM as a defensive ballwinning midfielder and my left one as a support central midfielder. I let in some goals but (at least at a top level) it works.

I play a 4-4-2 and although I'm having some decent success I have the same problem. I score quite a few but concede many as well. I mostly play one central midfielder with defensive duty and the other on support but even when I set both to defensive it's hard to stop the opposition creating those one on ones. Central defenders just don't seem able to cope with two strikers and are being split too easily.

Play with both your CMs taking a defensive or supporting role. I play 4-4-2 with advanced wingers (the old 442 attacking form 97/98) and I have my right CM as a defensive ballwinning midfielder and my left one as a support central midfielder. I let in some goals but (at least at a top level) it works.

Share that one with me? :D

Archived