English Regional Premiership Troubles

viperk1

I have set up Regional Premiership Divisions (North and South), with the top 4 in each division making it into a Champions Playoff (with which the intention was to decide the overall champion - and the European places).

Additionally, it is set up so that the 14th placed team (bottom) in each Regional Division falls into the Championship - with the 13th placed teams going into a Relegation Playoff (with the loser going down).

There are no troubles with promotion and relegation into these divisions (as I have set the boundaries already) - however, I have come across a few problems.

Champions Playoff Example

1. Liverpool

2. Man Utd

3. Arsenal

4. Tottenham

5. Man City

6. Chelsea

7. Aston Villa

8. Everton

Problem #1: The end of season merely shows that Liverpool are the Champions © - and subsequently, it doesn't show the European qualifiers in the League table.

Problem #2: This is a strange one. In the example above, the top four all qualified for the UEFA Champions League (as I intended) - but for the UEFA Europa League, only Man City qualified out of the Champions Playoff. The 5th placed teams in the North and South divisions (Wigan and West Ham respectively) qualified for Europe. My intention is for (in this example) Chelsea and Aston Villa to qualify for Europe.

Problem #3: I wanted the Champions Playoff to be a double round robin, similar to the league format (everyone plays each other twice) - however, it as a single round robin.

Problem #4: The Relegation Playoff, atm, is a single match - whilst I want it to be a two-legged tie, home and away (which is a problem I have come across when re-inputting the Championship et al. - the Promotion Playoffs are merely 1 game)

I know there is a lot there - but I would like assistance on these matters. Any help appreciated.

viperk1.

I have a similar problem and it'd be nice to get a fix of some sort.

I had North / South with the top 2 in each going into the Championship Play-off.

My Final Play-off table was:

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Liverpool

Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal qualified for the Champions League, but Liverpool went to the Euro Cup.

Sunderland - Who finished 3rd in the North Division, went into the Champions League - it seems at the expense of Liverpool.

Also - Not sure if I'll get an answer on this one - When I look at the division history, it shows as Liverpool being the champions of North and Arsenal South, but I'd like to see the overall Champions (Man City).

Archived