Found a tactic that works for me. Willing to try it?

So here we go, after weeks and weeks of pulling out hair and moving from club to club, i finally settled by taking up a job offer from Betis. I had a look at my players and came up with this;

GK

DC DC

WBR DMC DMC WBL

AMC AMC AMC

ST

I knew from previous experience that there was no way i could stop both through balls and crosses together, not to mention ridiculous long shots. Then i had an idea, i thought about playing two DMCs and two WBKs, with the idea that two DMCs will stop anything through the middle and WBKs will peg back the opposition wingers/wide players, and if not, then i'll get crosses in myself.

Basically what i'm saying is, i'm not guaranteeing this will work for you. It has worked for me and i'd just like to see if it works for anyone else.

The main features seem to be that i dominate in every kind of way (possession/shots/chances), unfortunately my striker gets bucketloads of chances but barely puts one away, even though he has awesome stats. I'll go through the sort of roles i use.

Philosophy - Fluid

Starting Strategy - Control

Passing Style - More Direct

Creative Freedom - More Expressive

Tackling - More Aggressive

Marking - Man Marking

GK (Defend) - Basic setup

DC (Defend) - Both basic setup

WBR (Auto) - Basic setup

WBL (Auto) - Basic setup (I made sure both were pretty balanced throughout the sliders)

DMC (Defend) - Anchor Man, cleans up basically. I brought in Eyong Enoh especially for this as i manage Cameroon too. He has been awesome.

DMC (Support) - Deep Lying Playmaker, i have a few that can play this role, Ballack plays it mostly for me.

AMC Left (Attack) - Attacking Midfielder, brought in Barazite to play here. I allow him and the right sided AMC to swap positions, seems to work.

AMC Right (Attack) - Advanced Playmaker, several of my other AMCs have little pace. When i joined Betis, Ronaldinho was on the books and despite having immense technical and mental, his physical was waning. I tend to play him the most in this position, it allows him to express himself without having to run around too much.

AMC Centre (Attack) - Attacking Midfielder, this one has run from deep on, if your guy has good long shots then definately slide it up to often. I play Achille Emana here and he has been absolutely awesome. Scores so many goals from this position, i would suggest you use someone who has high acceleration, high finishing and high decisions.

ST (Support) - Target Man, is what i mostly set this to if i am playing Mariano Pavone. Holds the ball up, flicks it on, gets a lot of chances but seems to fluff them despite his high stats. If he is unavailable or i sub him i switch it to Advanced Forward for someone with more pace and less strength etc.

So that's just a brief run through. As i said before, i'm not guaranteeing this will work for you but i am saying it works for me. This first of many tried and tested formations that has worked, and worked brilliantly.

Let me know how it goes.

Download Link - http://rapidshare.com/files/318118106/6-3-1__Betis__Oct_2013_.tac.html

Any feedback?

I’m not going to help you test this, but I am currently trying to implement a similar ‘philosophy’ at the moment. My set up is a 2-3-2-1-2 with one DM and two wingbacks. My thinking is the same as yours in that the DM/anchorman helps to reduce the risk of through balls and longshots, and the wingbacks look to close wingers down earlier to reduce space and the threat of crosses. The thinking behind this is that even if the wingback gets beaten, then they should at least have been able to create time for the DM and DC’s (and perhaps even the box-to-box MC) to get in good positions to challenge the cross that comes in. Obviously to make this work well you need quality players (the best you can get for the level you are at) that can challenge in the air and have good mental/positioning attributes.

I’m also finding that a low/normal D-line supports this sort of play quite well, and also provides the added bonus of allowing you to set up so that you are dangerous on the counter (or even on the counter-counter!). But it can also be adjusted to allow you to prioritise to counter the main threat of the opposition (ie deeper d-line against teams with good pace and wide players, and a higher d-line against teams with quality AM’s or players with good long shots).

I thought about this tactic myself but I never really tried it, so I am going to give it a shot with Roma. Sold of trash and bought in Dzeko. So my starting lineup is:

Lobont

Mexes-Juan

Cicinho-Brighi-De Rossi-Riise

Vucinic-Totti-Baptista

Dzeko

I am going to use the exact same strategy and roles as you except Totti is a Trequartista.

Archived