The England, (N.) Ireland, Scotland & Wales League

Wee Lad

Hello.

So, I am taking a horde of clubs from each respective nation's domestic leagues and am bundling them into a five (possibly six) tier league system. I have chosen some of them at random and have made sure that each level of the tier has a presence of each nation in it. I have tried to keep rivals together as best I could, unless the gap between them is enormous already.

What are all of your thoughts on? Also, can I get some input or advice on how to make this work better (as in what should I include using the editor). How should I manage the cups?

Here is the table I drew up rather quickly. It's five ties with 22 clubs in each one. I think I'll keep it 3 up/3 down (or maybe 4 up/4 down so there's always some diversity or spontaneity?)

Also, if you have suggestions on how to better work the tiers or which teams I should swap for one another, let me know. I kind of like that it's not based on reputation or how good the team actually is, this will add for some diversity and give space for upsets and underdog stories (on the contrary, I'll probably see clubs finish with 110 pts or so).

Here's the tier system:

England, (N.) Ireland, Scotland, Wales | League 1

1. Manchester United

2. Manchester City

3. Arsenal

4. Chelsea

5. Tottenham Hotspur

6. Sunderland

7. Newcastle

8. Celtic

9. Rangers

10. West Bromwich Albion

11. Wolverhampton Wanderers

12. Aston Villa

13. Birmingham

14. Swansea

15. Cardiff

16. Liverpool

17. Everton

18. St. Patrick's Athletic

19. Shamrock Rovers

20. Linfield

21. Glentoran

22. West Ham

England, (N.) Ireland, Scotland, Wales | League 2

1. Portsmouth

2. Southampton

3. Hull

4. Stoke City

5. Sheffield Wednesday

6. Sheffield United

7. Hibernian

8. Heart of Midlothian

9. Aberdeen

10. Dundee

11. Wrexham

12. Derry City

13. Derby

14. Nottingham Forest

15. Bristol City

16. Bristol Rovers

17. Blackburn Rovers

18. Burnley

19. Cork City

20. Llanelli

21. Bolton Wanderers

22. Leeds United

England, (N.) Ireland, Scotland, Wales | League 3

1. Cliftonville

2. Crusaders

3. Ipswich Wanderers

4. Norwich

5. Crystal Palace

6. Southend United

7. Shelbourne

8. Millwall

9. Charlton

10. Coventry

11. Watford

12. Leicester

13. TNS

14. Preston NE

15. Bangor City

16. Readng

17. Bohemians

18. Drogheda Utd

19. Falkirk

20. Kilmarnock

21. Motherwell

22. Plymouth Argyle

England, (N.) Ireland, Scotland, Wales | League 4

1. Doncaster

2. Peterborough

3. Colchester

4. Port Vale

5. Rhyl

6. St. Mirren

7. Galway United

8. Brighton

9. Carlisle

10. Huddersfield

11. Leyton Orient

12. MK Dons

13. AFC Wimbledon

14. Swindon Town

15. Tranmere Rovers

16. Wycombe

17. Yeovil

18. Oldham Athletic

19. Notts Co

20. Burton Albion

21. Ballymena United

22. Barnsley

England, (N.) Ireland, Scotland, Wales | League 5

1. York

2. Newry

3. Portadown

4. Hamilton Academical

5. Dunfermline

6. Queen of the South

7. Dag & Red

8. Oxford

9. Cambridge

10. Dundalk

11. Bray Wanderers

12. Aberystwyth

13. Airbus

14. Carmarthen

15. Blackpool

16. Bradford

17. Port Talbot

18. Chester City

19. Bournemouth

20. Lincoln

21. Portadown

22. Haverfordwest

Thanks for any input! :o

linfield and Glentoan (sp?) are the top two clubs from my knowledge in Northern Ireland.

This database seems very interesting, although i will warn very complicated to implement. If possible add the nation which you have not used for the new leagues with the non-league teams to make life slightly easier. This will in turn save you a large headace.

Anyway i am loving the idea, and i wish you alot of luck. Keep us posted about how your getting on.

Okay - So you mean add them to an unused nation (such as Great Britain)?

Also, would editing the cups from the English leagues, renaming them and attaching them to this league I am creating work?

Thanks.

Linfield and Glentoran are the two biggest teams in Norn Iron, but they shouldn't be in the top tier anyway. I'm a Linfield man and I can admit we would be relegated first season. Cliftonville shouldn't be anywhere near the top division, they have been below assumed par last few seasons, but Crusaders are making some interesting noises this season. Possible second division team along with the Big Two.

Can I suggest making every Northern Irish team professional and give them all £1 million in "grant money" to make them a least compete? It's something I do every time I get FM even when I'm not managing there, and it considerably improves the quality of the leagues.

I've put Linfield and Glentoran in the top tier. Relegation (possibly back to back) is a threat the smaller clubs from places like Wales and Norn Iron, but I do want each of the five nations to have a presence in each tier.

I suppose I could add grant money to all the teams that are from the smaller countries to help them not fade away into lower tier obscurity immediately. And yeah, I'll change all teams to professional (didn't think of that).

phnompenhandy,

If you have any input, let me know. It's going a bit slow because it's a bit more work than I thought (and I got caught up playing the Luxembourg data -- really fun so far). Basically, I took the add nation rules, took all the teams I listed above and placed them into tiers for this. You go into the team and change their league.

I had to create new leagues for everything. Right now, I am determining prize money, relegation (it's a bit confusing how this works), etc. It takes work and trial and error. I may not be done with this for a while, partly due to the fact that my computer is running slower and slower these days and FM10 seems a monster compared to the last version I played (FM08).

Cheers

Archived