Ric's Sunday night scots clan

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

elginbanner5be.png

Just a little write up about the ongoings at Elgin Football Club

Draw Hamilton in the cup again, we had played them already this year in the league cup which we lost 5-0 , also played them in the league cup last year which we also lost 5-0 all these games had been away from home the same as this one. Had a choice to make, do I go with the team that’s playing so well or field a weaken team. In the end decided to go for it, the only change I made was Bathgate one of my new signings this season for Woods up front, who needed the rest. It only took Hamilton 10 minutes to score there 1st, a good midfield run that wasn’t picked up and shot from Barrett . They were all over us like a rash, we went in at half time 4-0 down, goals from Iwelumo , Hardy and Samba . I had my work cut out.

Had a good honest chat with the lads, told them it was pride at stake now. Couldn’t believe it when Booth , hit the crossbar early on in the second half. But apart from that we didn’t really hurt them. Would off liked to seen the lads score one goal, but was pleased with the way the shut up shop at the other end. Lost 4-0 funny enough it’s the best result we have had again Hamilton since I have been here. Read into that what you wish.

Cheers Holo icon14.gificon14.gif

stennybanner23sb.png

Stenhousemuir Were busy in the transfer market last night signing Stephen Glass for 1k and Grant Brebner also from Dundee Unt for 1k Both players contracts were up in the summer but i thought it was worth the 1k each to bring them in on January the 1st

Stenhousmuir are locked in a 3 way battle with St Mirren and Brechin for top spot but it is early doors and i am sure there maybe one or to others that will join the race

Results last night were up and down St Mirren were put to the sword 2-1 at home before a 1-1 draw away to Stirling which i forgave the players for after a victory over big spending East Fife where Ross has found the knack of selling on players for a huge profit 1-0 Queen of the south got revenge for last seasons 7-2 victory 3-0 which i thought was a bit harsh! 4-2 against top of the table Brechin was the followed up with a 1-0 vs peterhead before Alloa away 4-2 the last game of the night was a disaster where Stranraer put 4 past a poor stenny Team my only defence was bad refereeing which i have not seen a display like since the St mirren game i won 2-1 despite ending the game with 9 men icon_cool.gif

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/55/dumbarton9uo.png

A real poor start to the season saw us struggling to score and after six games we were bottom of the league with only one point. The problem was not our general play but our shooting. The strikers were just crap and were missing open goals. The breakthru came in a game we lost 4-1. Mcnaught scored in the last minute. His confidence returned and four wins on the bounce has taken us into 6th place. I am now confident we can beat any side in this league as long as Russell and Mcnaught stay fit and happy. I will be disapointed not to finish in the play 0ffs and still belie've we may finish top of the league. Its a tight league and any team who go on a run will be in contention.

stennybanner23sb.png

Lets try again! last night sesion was to say the least as bad as it gets for stenny all over mcd's montrose but lost 1-0 at home a 2-2 draw in Paisley vs St mirren a poor 0-0 vs stirling almost sent me to sleep so i dont know about the fans before being cheated by east fife diving kicking and scoring offside goals to be honest i thought i was playing celtic i was down to 10 men but still went 2-1 in front before a offside goal brought the cheats! back to 2-2 a lucky strike was enough to give them all 3 pts

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">rlmcgregor

Amateur

Registered: 16 November 2004 Posted 15 February 2006 17:24 hahaha! tactical genius i prefer to call it. and let me remind u that u had the player sent off for your player chopping down my striker! a wonder strike gave me the game. ryan stevenson = leg-end!!!!! third in the league and only 4 points

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>leg end or bell end? Tactical genius dont make me laugh!stennybanner23sb.png

the clan has had its fair share of time wasters signing up for a few sesions and no showing after a while.

we have just now

Richard Thomson -Stenhousmuir

Ross Mcgregor - East Fife

Robert Mcdougall-Montrose

Frank Darnell-Elgin

DavidMuckersie-Albion rovers

Paul Brownley-Dumbarton

Tyrone ward-cowdenbeath

we also have Mark Ibbetson at Queens park

and another waiting to join

darren fenn has joined the list of 1 sesion wonders but has had at least let me know

i would love to increase numbers to 10 with a regular turn out of 8-10 although best bets to join the clan are not to follow daftarse fine example of slating the banners!

elginbanner5be.png

Cheers Holo

Hi there

Next up was Ary away. The only change I made was to bring back Woods , for Bathgate up front. Couldn’t believe my luck when left back Read , got injured in the 2nd minute. Brought on McGrady to replace him, he could play there but wasn’t his best position. Ary were must probably the better team in the first half but we came closest to scoring when Woods hit the crossbar. Linn scored there first goal when he turned Dickson and then Dempsie , too easily for my liking in the 54th min. Then 2 mins later it was Weaver making mince meat outta my defence, gave away two goals in two minutes. The lads never gave up, and started to attack Ary, both Woods and Gardiner having more than one chance. But it was midfielder Fraser Bremner who got us one back, after some good work by Dempsie and sub Brazil on the right flank. We had 10 mins to get a 2nd, but we just couldn’t take our chances.

Arbroth away next, the only change I made was at left back, brought in new signing Robertson for the injured Read . Was 3-0 down after 30 mins, two off them scored by Dean Ogg who was making my defence look silly, the other was one of them ones were the player tries to cross it and gets it wrong next thing its in the back of the net, there no why Keough meant that one, Naisbitt should of done better in goal as well. Fraser Bremner scored just after half time after a great ball from Stewart . Just couldn’t get another, thought we were the better team in the 2nd half, just not taking them chances, and silly mistakes at the back are killing us.

Cheers Holo

not very much to say about east fife just now. can read about my win against stenny above. kept our good form goin and have found ourself in a good position. ryan stevenson and gary hawkins running the midfield and must note conways excllent scoring run has even expresed his delight at being at the club which the fans loved. have got some good pre-contract transfers most notable is tam brighton from motherwell but also bill brawley and gary twigg from clyde from hearts we have a swedish keeper and marco peliosi to fill our truoble postion ML.

ross mcgregor

stennybanner23sb.png

things heating up at Stenny next sesion will need to see a turn around of fortunes with a poor last sesion although i still think playoffs are the least Stenny should get and with a bit of luck we can go up with Championship trophy stuck under my arms! Clan has now got teams spread over the 2 divisions heres hoping for over 3 divisions next season

dumbarton9uo.png

Highlights

East Stirling (Away) 29/9/07 Won 4-2

Game witch started a mini revival. Early Gooal from Iian Russell aafter 3 mins was doubled on 19 when David McNaught scored. McNaught tthhen set up Russell to put Dumbarton 3-0 up at half time. However 2 goals from East Stirling within 20 minutes of the 2nd half left Dumbarton haanging on which they did although E Stirling had a goal disallowed on. 70 mins.On 75 mins Mcnaught added another to make it 4-2. MAN OF THE MATCH - David McNaught.

Elgin (Away)13/10.06 Won 4-0

David McNaught was away on u19 international duty so Diarrrmuid O Carroll depurtsed. This was the Iain Russell show. Goals on 12, 36 PEN 51 and 77 set up a easy 4-0 win. Man of the match was Russell.

Albion Rovers (Home) 24/11/07 Won 3-1

John Miller started in place of not fully fit Iain Russell who started on the bench. A diving header frrom David Mcnaaught opened the scoring insside the 1st 10 mins after a good cross from Pat Stanton. A rare mistake from Peter Cherie allowed King to equalise just beeefore the break. A mistake from Albions Richardson allowed McNaught to grab his second and then Russell scored in the closinng minutes to secure a good win. David McNaught was man off the match

Cowdenbeath (Away) 1/12//07 Lost 4-3

Iain Russell opened the scoring but Marini equalised soon after. The turning point came on 45 mins when Pat Stanton was sent offor a seccond yellow cardd. Marino put Cowdenbeath 2-1 up after 51 mins and got his hat trick after 67 mins and a fourth on 72. The ten men respondedd well and McNaught scored on 81 mins. Chris Boyle scored on 84 mins to make it 4-3 and Dumbarton sensed a comeback. McNaugght had a late chance but it wasnt to be. Best player for Dumbarton was again McNaught.

smallerbaner2bz.png

Mcd has done another great job and we now have a clan banner along with the banners for regular posters clubs hopfully the newbies will stick about and we can prove we have a strong clan with 10 human players all with banners posting regular on the thread keeping us at our rightfull place at the top

Aye good banner and fit for the second Scots clan, you know it!!!! Nah good to have another Scots on the go with the original and the best still going strong. icon_biggrin.gif

elginbanner5be.png

Hi there

Although we had been beaten well by Arbroth , I decided to stick to the same team for the home game against Forfar . Well disaster stuck with Forfar scoring in the 3rd min, Dickson charged down a shot, ball fell to an unmarked Gemmill who look certain to score, but Naisbitt did well to turn the ball away, the ball only fell to Gemmill again, who scored at the 2nd go. Irons scored there second with more slack marking by us. Then toward the end of the 1st half Robertson took a knock, yet another left back hurt. McKenzie scored there 3rd just after half time with a shot that took a wicked deflection off Allan Dempsie . Booth got us one back with a great 30 yard freekick but it wasn’t enough. This was the second game in a row we had lost 3-1 and we were rooted to the bottom of the table again.

Dumbarton next at home and a must win, they were one place above us, but had started to pick up a bit of form. Had to move Patterson to left back for the injured Robertson , and brought in young Ralph into centre back. Also brought Youngson’s back to the left wing spot for Soane , also drop Chris Gardiner for Alan Brazil who was just missing to many chances for my liking lately. Was pleased there striker David McNaught wasn’t playing, because he can be a handful. We lost 4-0 all there goals scored by Iain Russell , we just couldn’t handle him, he could off had more if it wasn’t for some last ditch defending. We had now let in 10 goals in 3 games and only scored 2.

elginbanner5be.png

Hi there

Made some whole changes for the next game, home to Albion Rovers , brought back Logie for Naisbitt in goal, moved Patterson back to centre back for Dickson , Read came back to left back after a spell of being injured. Bryce replaced Allan Dempsie at right back. Dropped Youngson’s for Stuart McGrady left midfield. Nelson replaced Booth in the centre, and Bathgate replaced an unfit Alan Brazil up front. We let in an early goal again when McQuilken had the beating in the air of Bremner and scored. We just couldn’t get out of our half and Albion Rovers scored again in the 21st min, when Mark Millar found himself unmarked. Then near the end off the 1st half a bit off luck went our way, Patterson pumped the ball forward, never looked like Gary Wood was ever going to get near it, but there centreback Lyle made a mess of the back header, and Gary Wood latch on to it, with only the keeper to beat. He deserved that goal, he had been running his socks off for us without much help lately.

Decided to bring on Chris Gardiner for Bathgate at half time, he looked really hungry for it and Albion Rovers were struggling with him. Gardiner won the ball of there centreback McCluskey and passed it to an unmarked Woods for his second off the game 2-2. Then with about 15 mins to go Logie took a knock, had to replace him with Naisbitt back in goal. Albion Rovers came back at us, but with some last gasp defending and the crossbar we got the draw.

Next was Cowdenbeath away, they were a strong side, and knew the way we had been playing would be lucky to get anything outta this game. Left side was still causing me problems, decide to give Allan Dempsie a go at left back, instead of Read who hadn’t really impressed me, and brought back Soane into left midfield. Young centre back Ralph had taken a knock against Albion Rovers , so in came Stephen , who had been playing well in the reserves. Stewarts form in the centre had dropped so replace him with another who had been playing well in the reserves Dunglinson . Chris Gardiner for Bathgate up front.

Couldn’t belive it Fraser Bremner went down after a heavy challenge by Dryer , had to replace him with Booth with just a minute gone. 5 minutes later we were one down from a goal from Paatelainen who was picked out with a great pass from Boyd . Then they scored another Paatelainen this time turned provider for Aaron Christie . We were getting ripped apart, was glad to get the lads in a half – time, only 2-0 down.

The lads responded well to our little chat at half time, Allan Dempsie centred the ball from the left, Gardiner had the beating in the air of Dyer, and scored in the 56 min. We started to chase that second but this was our downfall, we got caught on the counter and Cowdenbeath got a third after a brilliant volley from Santino Marini . Ende 3-1

fiferbanner8gc.png

EAST FIFE - ROSS MCGREGOR

another good session from the lads last nite. with the transfer window open i added some depth to the squad and moved several players on. was good to get signing a few and made some excellent signings one a belgian midfielder from killie to help out stevenson and harkins. plus personally i feel the best siging of the night was to me with arbuckle, proven goalscorer in the division and sold for 1 million only 6 months ago bought for a few thousand. that was the striking boost i felt needed to realistically put in a excllent challenge for 1st place. a steady run kept me in second place but we have stenny st mirren and montrose in the next 3 games and these could decide the fate of the team this season. a great win against dunfermilne has put me in the 5th round of the scottish cup (only 2nd divsion side there) and we are to play killie or partick so i hope we can even progress futher, arbuckle scored on his debut against dunfermilne just to note. my other notable performance was a 5 - 0 win against brechin who where in second place, this has sent out a harsh messagew to the rest of the divsion that we do not fear anyone!!!!!!!!!

stennybanner23sb.png

Last night's sesion saw some up's and downs for Stenny i cant remember where we started so heres some reports on how stenny have been doing

Sat 8/12/2007 scottish cup round 2 home

brechin

a easy win for the Warriors at home 4-1 with a treble by nish and his partner moore also on the score sheet only down side for stenny was the injury to left sided midfielder sharpe who would be out for a few weeks

sat 15/12/2007 scottish 2nd division home

queen of the south

another easy victory against the side that put a end to the warrriors hopes of going up last season Nish Deuchar and a late strike by Mcbride take all 3pts to ochilview

Sat 22/12/2007 scottish 2nd division Glebe park

Brechin

Brechin got revenge for the cup tie with a 2-1 win Brechin were obviously fired up after the 4-1 cup result and were a different team scoring a 87th min winner to add to the earlier goal after deuchar had scored a 14th min opener the warriors expected to win all 3pts quite easy

Wed 26/12/2007 scottish 2nd division Balmoor stadium

Peterhead

theWarriors returned with a bang to give the peesie no chance 5 goals 3 from moore and 2 from nish was enough to claim all 3 pts wood scored a consolation for the home side just after the break

Sat 05/01/2008 scottish cup round 3 home

Stirling Albion

A home draw saw warriors coast through 4-0 the tie was over before the half time whistle with goals from Nish Moore and Rae before stirling were reduced to 10 men the 2nd half was a bit dull for the home fans but allowed the home fans to see 4 of 7 new signings with scott wilson making a debut start in defence Stephen Glass Grant Brebner and Charlie Miller all came on nish scored for a deserved 4-0 win

sat 12/01/2008 scottish 2nd division

Stranraer

A 7 goal Thriller for a topsy turvy game stenny opened the scoring from Nish stenny lost a sloppy goal to make it 1-1 at Ht just after the break Stranraer took a lead through Hinds 2nd goal this was the wake up call Stenny needed with goals coming from Moore Rae Miller and Deucher

Sat 19/01/2008 scottish 2nd division Links Park

Montrose

A loss to the rose 1-0 was disapointing although stenny had most of the play most of the ball and most of everything else cheeky Montrose forgot to read the script and steve Gustan won all 3 points for the home side with a 60th min goal the last 20 mins saw back to the wall defending with the Warriors throwing on new signing John Sutton to make a front 3 with The midfield not that far behind

sat 26/01/2008 scottish 2nd division home

St Mirren

A top of the Table clash that left me scratching my head i still dont know how St Mirren are top Stenhousemuir were robbed by a 33 min strike although Thomson was Happy with the debut of 21 Charlie mulgrew

Sat 2/02/2008 scottish cup round 4 Mcdiarmid park

St Johnstone

The end of the dream as St Johnstone win 2-0 the Game turned in the 44th min when Nish Through on Goals was taken out of the Game by the home sides Mcaffrey although red carded making the saints down to 10 men this seemed to turn the game in the home teams favour and when the saints scored soon after on the break it looked a up hill struggle with saints happy to sit in as Stenny threw everything at the Home team the tie was killed in injury time when milne struck on the counter

stennybanner23sb.png

stenny'd buys this year

<LI>01/7/2007 Webb,Sean Ross county Free

<LI>01/7/2007 Evans Jonathan Man unt Free

<LI>09/8/2007 Murray,Hugh St Mirren 18k

<LI>25/8/2007 Deuchar,Kenny Kilmarnock 2k

<LI>01/1/2008 Glass,Stephen Dundee unt 1k

<LI>01/1/2008 Brebner,Grant Dundee unt 1k

<LI>01/1/2008 Mulgrew,Charlie Celtic 1k

<LI>01/1/2008 Miller Charlie Kilmarnock 3k

<LI>01/1/2008 Wilson,Scott Hearts 4k

<LI>01/1/2008 Sutton,John Dunfermline 28K

<LI>28/1/2008 Di giacomo paul Kilmarnock 7k

Total spent 70k

This was funded by the selling of a few duds and the 20% sell on clause i had in Arbuckle who was sold by East fife for 950K

Archived