Ric's Sunday night scots clan

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EAST FIFE AIMING FOR PROMOTION

last night was good for my east fife team we won all our games last night. not really much to comment on apart from the return to form from swiggy and smart after a stint in the reserves. croakly an 18 year old striker is doing well and currently top scorer as is stahl doing well with most assists my record 2k signing. what we are concentrating on is our defensive record, despite not conceding many there is no realy other area we need to concentrate on so i am looking for a few clean sheets but only if our excllent attacking play is not hindered. we arte currently 3 points clear at the top bout arbroath are doing very well too. looks like a 2 horse race to me with 2 squads with the potential to win the league and the depth to cope. meanwhile my youngsters in the under 19's are getting on well with martyn mcdonald and john bruce scoring regularly the latter getting a scotland call up. also like to add we just missed out on a big name signing last nite bit of a blow but as always will be active on the market in the coming months to prepare my squad for division 2 (hopefully!)

ross mcgregor

sent everyone a e-mail after sesion last night division 3 looking good now with 8 out of the 10 human controled division 2 has only 2 human managers myself and the albion rvs manager david mucker when he is there for a sesion he's like head and shoulders he watches and go's or is tht wash and go ?

slipped back a little bit but still up there challenging Fife for top spot, only lost once still so just need to draw less games and i'll be flying...

still tryin to get team sorted seein as i started halfway through season 1 and there was only total dregs no one else wanted available at the time. got a few decent players in at end of season but a couple more supersignings in key positions should see me right.

main problem for me seems to be injuries, my keeper is the best in the division but hes had 2 injuries so far, out for month or so each time. my first choice rightback got injured in preseason i think, out for 3-5 months, well annoying.

havin lost out in the playoffs to ric last year hopefully i can push on and get into div 2, if not might start applyin for some jobs, div 3 suckssssssssss. my manager stats are pretty good, had 3 20s before end of last season, just need to get my reputation up a bit. seein as i got into playoff final and been in top 2 almost all this season i should have caught the eye of some bigger clubs icon_smile.gif

Hi there

Just a little write up about the ongoings at Elgin Football Club

The poor run continued, lost 1-0 at home to Cowdenbeath in a pretty boring game were both sides were poor. Then we played Ayr and this must been a great much to watch if you were a neutral. It had everything. Iain Vigurs fouls Gemmell by holding onto his shirt, just outside the box. Walker lined up the free kick, and hit a rocket. 1-0 down after 16 mins. After this we started to push them back, and missed a few chances. Iain Vigurs passed a great ball down the line for Youngson,, who went on a dribble down the left wing, he then curled the ball towards the near post, Reid found himself with loads of space, got his head to the ball and sent it across the goalmouth. Yeessss 1-1 after 40 mins. Just after Half time Reid sprung the offside trap, and bared down on there keeper, Keeper made a great save and the ball was hoofed out into our area towards our goal MacLaren was unmarked, and my keeper came rushing out and upended MacLaren. No no no, he’s given a penalty. Then the ref sends my keeper off, while this was going on a little set too between Duff and MacLaren was going on, next thing I know is MacLaren lass out at Duff and starts kicking him. Luckily the referee showed MacLaren the red card. Well I looked around at the bench, feck feck feck, no keeper. Johnston, went in goal, he didn’t stand a chance with the penalty. We keep on attacking but just couldn’t score. Napier got to the byline, and played a superb ball for Nelson, to latch onto GOAL yess 2-2 with 20 mins to go. They weren’t getting a look in. Then another long ball which caught my defence out, Alex Walker chipped the ball into the penalty area towards Logan, Logan jumped above Napier Logan flicked the ball onto Vareille ,Logan scored a fluke goal ! with 5 mins to go. FECK FECK FECK. Couldn't belive it, we should off won this one.

Ary 3 Elgin 2.

Cheers Holo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Holowlegs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlmcgregor:

meanwhile fellow striker garry mcswegan has ****ed me off by playing pants in his first game and missing a penalty too so i transfer listed him and hopefully elgin will take him as they need a bit of fire power (sorry frank!)

ps ric fancy a friendly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hope its not a weapon of mass destruction i can see the headlines now USA invades Fife but only weapon found was mcgregor! ;-)

Firepower , you not got a roket for sale have you icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_wink.gifBig news from Stenny as new signing Alex Rae signs for 1k to strengthen stenny's push for a playoff spot although only have way thru season Morton seem to be only able to throw it away with 17 or 18 point gap my only hope is that the morton players are backing themselves not to go up again at the bookies as was alledged a few seasons ago ;-) with one of my best purchases ever n the summer 7k for Colin Nish who has scored just of a average of a goal a game

DUMBARTON

After sruggling with a series of draws including a dour 0-0 draw against Eglin, Dumbarton after being 2-0 down at half-time V East Fife changed to a much more attacking formation and after pulling back to 2-2 eventually lost 6-3 in a game which could. have ended 10-10.The next game V Ayr saw Dumbarton go 3-0 up and two late goals by Ayr made the Dumbarton fans nervous as they held on 3-2 in what was their best performance of the season. Dumbarton Fans are now hoping maanager Paul Brownley can move them away from the bottom reaches to mid table security and build a team ready for a promotion push next season.

Thanks for votin me into the game, to tell the truth i think its a good job you let me in cos East Stirling need the stability of a good coach if they are going to progress to the SPL in under 5 years and contend qith the might of Rangers and Celtic. icon_wink.gif

Hi there

Was starting to find it hard keeping the lads sprite up. Next game was against Montrose another game I had pencil in that we could win. Game turn out to be a really dull game between two very bad sides. Lads confidences was plummeting, and in the next two game you could really see it. We goy spanked by Arbroath away 5-1, who were most properly the best team we have faced yet in the league. Then we lost to Berwick 3-1.

Next up was Dumbarton Both teams had the chances early on and just before half time Dumbarton scored with a header from David McNaught after some good work by Diarmuid O'Carroll . David McNaught grabbed another just after half time and I started to fear the worst. But we nicked one back from a corner in the 50th minute, Fraser Bremner rifled in a half volley. Both teams had chances after that but the game ended 2-1.

Hi there

Next we played East Stirling at Home. They score in the first half with a goal from Frankie Carroll , but Phil Reid pulled one back in the second half for a 1-1 draw. We then lost our next two games 1-0 away to Queens Park and home to East Fife . Then we got an away draw against Cowdenbeath 1-1. Next up was Ary at home who were 3rd in the league. Ian MacSween Scored with 12 mins gone. There second came in the 40th, when Ian MacSween hit it high and hard shot towards goal, it look as if my keeper Robbie Logie had it covered but, there always a but, it took a wicked deflection off Paul Kaczan my centre back. 2-0 down at half time. We had so many chances in the 2nd half, things didn’t help when I had to take off one of my strikers Phil Reid , Jamie McKenzie scored very late on for us, with some great work down the left from Iain Vigurs . But it was all too late, and we were on a run off 21 games without a win. Cove Rangers in the cup next, we got to beat them.

Cheers Holo

icon14.gificon14.gif

cheers frank for posting the tables a few of the clan members have taken on tasks which will help the smoth running of the clan

Frank will keep the thread updated with screen shots

Mcd will be working on banners for the clan and the teams

Ross will make sure the clan members post a wee note regular on the thread

cheers lads for your help

Hi there

You droped before Ric tried to put you on holiday I was watching the status page. The status was showing you playing so it looked like you frooze. Once you droped the game carry on as normal. You did win you the game.

To be honest with you I can't see what else Ric could off done.

Cheers Holo

well i never had to rejoin game so i fail to see how i could have dropped from the game, as i said at the time it just froze like it was processing

he even said at the time i showed as playing before he put me on holiday so the facts dont add up

this is just straw that broke camels back, its been gettin progessivlely worse last few weeks with stupid rules and constant windups, as he said when he told Sandy he "wished he would go and die of aids", he can give it but cant take it

i was quite happy to let things lie and just leave game, i havent said anything since i left game on sunday and i set him on block on msn days ago, but he wanted to stir it up, so what does he expect?

2nd season now finished Albion rvs defeated in play offs and are relgated unlucky muck but you will stand a good chance of coming back up

stenny lost vs raith in a game they should have won and stay in 2nd where i am joined by east fife who won the lge and mcd's montrose well done on wining play offs mate

Archived