Ric's Sunday night scots clan

berwickupload3nh.gif

Another inconsistent night from berwick tonight with 1 win and a draw.

East Stirling(A) Third Division

Score 2-0 win

Berwick Goalscorers: Gregg Burnett and Brian Corrigan

This was an excellent result away from home and really one of the best players on the park again was young goalkeeper Greg Kelly who has been outstanding since coming in to the first team at the start of the season. He pulled off some great stops that kept us in the game in the opening half hour. But a mistake by the East Stirling keeper was turned in excellently by Gregg Burnett as he hit an excellent volley outside the box to open his account for the season. Second half saw a few more chances for each side but it was again a defensive error that gifted Berwick a goal in the seond half. A poor backpass from the East Stirling right back found its way to Brian Corrigan (making his first appearnace in a Berwick shirt as a sub) and all he had to do was sidestep the keeper and place it into the back of the net. A great start then which left us joint top with Dumbarton.

Forfar(H) Third Division

Score 0-0 Draw

Berwick Goalscorers: None

Brian Corrigan came into the starting line up for Derek Anderson as Berwick looked for their second win of the night but yet again failed to follow up on a good performance. In truth this was a very poor match with both sides performing quite poorly and with hardly any chances in the game. The best chance did come to Brian Corrigan who won a penalty for Berwick in the first half but failed to convert as he blasted his shot wide. The only other notable thiing in this match was again a few good saves from youngster Greg Kelly. This dropped Berwick down to 3rd place then with a very important match with Queens Park coming up.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

Div 3 Away v Cowdenbeath Won 2-0 Russell McNaught

A confortable victory over Cowdenbeath takes Dumbarton to the Top of Division Three. Iain Russell missed an early penalty but it was Russell who put Dumbarton 1-0 up after a mistake by the Cowdenbeath Keeper. Another mistake by the keeper saw David Mcnaught double the lead. A good all round performance was capped off when other results meant that Dumbarton were Top of The League for the first time in Paul Brownleys Management. Having been slow starters in previous seasons and strong finishes hopefully Dumbarton will get stronger as the season progresses and their is no reason they cannot challenge for the title.

sorry guys having some pc trouble as there are sharing disputes as there are now 3 users instead of 1 but i think its all ok'ed now i have definatly got sundays

Elgin elgin_home.png 0 v 1 [/b} ayr_away.png Ayr

Ayr are quite a good team in this league but had had a bad run of result lately so was hoping that I had caught them at a good time to play them. Dropped Bain at centre back and moved Wayne Finnie from right back to centreback and had McKenzie come in at right back. Ayr never really threaten us until Wayne Finnie gave away a penalty for pushing, which Hendry scored for them. After this goal they seem to come at us a little bit more but nothing serious, and we had a couple of chances ours leaves. Told the lads at half time that they could get themselves back into this as, Ayr didn’t seem that good a team.

Had to replace Donnelly , who had taken a knock with new loan signing Johnny Black . The lads gave it a go in the 2nd half. But just couldn’t finish it. Brazil hit the crossbar, and Johnny Black hit the post with a shot from outside the box. Bit disappointed with the loss because I didn’t really think Ayr had done enough to win it.

Alloa alloa_home.png 2 v 1 [/b} elgin_home.png Elgin

Really fancied our chances here, Alloa were bottom of the league and not playing well at all. Moved McGradly to the right wing and dropped Tommy Anyuro for Black for his 1st full debut out on the left wing. We got off to a flyer when Brazil got clean through on goal and scored. 1 up after 7 mins. Alloa came back at us, the lads looked a bit nervous out there and it showed with there goal. McCulloch tried to pass a ball into our area but it came of Wayne Finnie and ended up in the back of the net somehow. Was glad to get them

Had to bring off Donnelly again at half time due to a knock. Brought on Andy Sims who had just come back from injury himself. They really did come at us the 2nd half and deserve there 2nd goal, Hamilton just seemed to stroll through our defense and scored. Wayne Finnie was having a mare and he knew it, I quickly pulled him off. For a team that are bottom of the league Alloa played some nice stuff. As for my own team I soon made them know what I felt when they got back into the dressing room. It just wasn’t good enough and head might have to roll.

Cheers Holo icon14.gificon14.gif

I took. the lads to Dumbarton Castle this morning in preparation for Big Match V Elgin. We lost to Peterhead in last mattch 1-0 to drop to 5th. Played OK but couldnt break down the Peterhead defence. Here is a pic taken by David McNaught of our daY out at Dumbarton casle.

dumbarton11t.jpg

queensbanners2ez.jpg

Well I'm back with another update and it would seem that the refs have really took a dislike to my team.

Montrose v Queens Park

First game of the night was against Montrose in the league cup. Although we had home advantage we never looked like we were up for it from the start. After Willie Martin missed a penalty for us that kind of set the tone for the rest of the match. McGoldrick scored for Montrose and we were 1-0 down. Thats how we went in at half time. And the scoreline stayed the same till Full time.

Final Score 1-0

After a successful start to the season I was rewarded. I managed to get second place in the manager of the month awards.

Forfar v Queens Park

This match sees us travel through to Forfar and after 10 mins we're a goal down and I wanted to travel home. Willie Martin manages to get the equaliser 10 minutes later though and the fight is on again. A fine display of passing skill was followed by a great goal from Clark and I am a very happy manager at half time.

After half time Forfar came out firing on all cylinders and caught us still napping in the 48th minute. It was 2-2 and I was starting to panic again.At 63 minutes Ferguson pulls down Robertson when he's through on goal meaning he got sent off and yet again Queens Park had 10 men on the pitch. Yet again the players pulled together and managed to hold out for the draw.

Final Score 2-2

Queens Park v Cowdenbeath

This week we have the home advantage again. With most of the team available it was a hard selection but I think I did the right job in picking them.Wilson got the opener in the 12th minute and this seemed to give the team some confidence.Some great play saw Noble play agreat cross in to the box which Martin managed to get his head to sending us 2 in front.After half time the legs seeemed to weary a little and we allowed them to get back into the game and they managed to put one in the net. There were a few more chances for both team but neither made the most of them and the final score was 2-1.

Final Score 2-1

With 6 games of the season played Queens Park are sitting comfortably in 3rd place. Having not lost a single game.

berwickupload3nh.gif

Overall had a great night with Berwick last night with some excellent results in here which has established Berwick as possible challengers for the automatic promotion spot. Here's the games that were played.

Queens Park(H) Third Division

Score 5-0 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Graeme Churchill, Nicky Weightman(2) and Andy Ross(2)

Two changes from the side that drew with forfar at home. Andy Ross came into midfield for injured captain Stuart Anderson and Nicky Weightman in up front at the expense of Brian Corrigan. Going into the game Tracy Watson's side had built up a reputation of being dirty and they certainly lived up to that in this game. Berwick had an excellent start to the match when Graeme Churchill scored from close range in the 2nd minute in the first attack of the game. Next up was a goal in the 9th minute from Churchill's strike partner Nicky Weightman. Things then got worse for Queens Park when Churchill was 1 on 1 with their keeper he was hacked down from behind in thr 12th minute by Allan McGraw. The game was now obviously in the bag for Berwick and it was only a matter of time before the next goal as they were playing excellently. It came on the 52nd minute from Andy Ross before Nicky Weightman added to his tally in the 76th. Ross then doubled his tally on the 82nd for a comprehensive victory which saw both changes from last weeks team getting braces. None of them however collected the man of the match award this was awarded to young winger Ryan Wilkie for his numerous assists in the match.

Ayr(A) Third Division

Score 4-1 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Graeme Churchill(2), Brian Carrigan and Andy Ross

Going on previous results with Berwick where they have been great 1 game then average the next I wasn't expecting to take anything from this game. The team was unchanged from last weeks victory and things started brightly when Grame Churchill netted in the 20th minute before Ayr immediately pegged us back. This didnt last long however as Churchill scored again on the 25th. The rest of the game was quite edgy with a few good saves from hot prospect Greg Kelly. Nicky Weightman missed a few good chances and he made way on the 60th minute for Brian Corrigan which turned out to be a good decision as he put the game beyond doubt in the 76th minute of the game before Andy Ross capped off his man of the match performance with yet another goal in the 83rd minute. It was going to be hard for Anderson to get back into the team on this kind of form as he was superb in the middle of the park. This excellent result put Berwick top of the league but things were still very tight at the top with important games coming up.

more to come......

DM icon_wink.gif

elginbanner8za.gif

Hi there

Just a little write up about the ongoings at Elgin Football Club

We were dropping fast and now were 8th in the league. Things just had to get better.

Elgin elgin_home.png 2 v 4 dumbarton_home.png Dumbarton

Dropped 3 players for this game Wayne Finnie who had been having a mare at centreback, McGradly and Donnelly, replaced them with Blair Batchelor my new loan signing, Tommy Anyuro back from a rest and Johnston who needed to gain some games under his belt after a long spell out injured. Dumbarton was most properly one of the best teams in the league, and I really feared there strike force of McNaught and Russell , they had really run a mock with some off my teams in the past. But to my surprise neither was on the teamsheet, both were on the bench. Did Paul Bromly think that we were such an easy ride that he gave the two off them a rest?

Well we held them back for the first half hour with some good defending, they never really had any clear chances, then MacDonald tried a back pass to the keeper which was well short, David Bingham latched on too it , and with our keeper in no mans land, Bingham lobed the keeper. The sort off goal that we seem to let in a lot and it an half make my blood boil. I could see the teams heads go down again, it didn’t take them long to score there 2nd and Bingham. Was I glad to get them in at Half time.

Had to make a double substitution at half time, Brazil who had taken a knock came off for Bathgate, and Martin Johnston[/b]who just wasn’t fit enough, was brought off and replaced by Donnelly . Maybe we were a bit unlucky with the 3rd goal, Marini lost his man and found himself with plenty of room, he struck from a narrow angle, McLenaghan did brilliantly to parry it, unmarked Martin Hardie picked up on the loose ball, and hit it on the volley, it hit Batchelor and deflected in. 3-0 down. Next thing I know McNaught and Russell were coming on, could it get any worse. McLenaghan did pull off a fine save from Russell . Decided to bring McGradly on for Anyuro who had not had a look in really. McGradly made an impact straight away, he turned his marker, and feed the ball to Jamie McKenzie, he centred the ball, Stephen Bathgate got up above Roycroft and scored with a bullet header. Roycroft nearly got his own back with he hit the crossbar very late on, from this MacDonald picked up the ball and surged forward, he swung in a far post cross from the left McGradly got up above Henderson and headed the ball to Lennox who played it into the path off Donnelly , who hit a thunderous drive, which took a deflection off Geggan, and went in. 3-2 down in injury time. Straight from there kick off, Pat Stanton aimed a cross at the far post, the ref blow and pointed to the spot, Cosgrove was pushed by MacDonald . Russell took the pen and scored to make it 4-2 with nothing left on the clock.

dumbarton9uo.png

Elgiinelgin_home.pngDumbartondumbarton_home.png

17/09/08 Away V Elgin Won 4-2

Dumbarton made a change up front with both Mcnaught and Russell dropped to the bench. 38 Year old David Bingham and 21 year old Santiino Marino taken their places in aattack.

The ist effort came with aa long distance shot by Pat Stanton which went well over after 12 mins. Marino headed over after 23 mins when he should haave done better. Gegan had to clear under pressure from a Elgin cross and on 27 Love got behind the elgin full bback but the cross was well held by the keeper.

The break thru came on 30 mins when Bingham sent a long range chip into the net after a bad mistake by McDonald. This was Binghams first ever goal for the club. On 35 Henderson had his own keeper to thank after a clumbst clearance which gave Elgin a corner. This however was cleared by Henderson, Marino ran clear, crossed to Bingham who couldnt finish but the ball was not cleared aand keenan fed love who crossed for marini to set up Bingham for his second.

Dumbarton went into the break 2-0 up and with 54% possesion and better passing looked confortable.

Bathgate and Donnelly came on for Elgin at half Time as Frank Darnell tried to get his muppets, er sorry players back into the game.

Marini should have scored on 49 but he put the ball wide. Hardie Scored his first goaal for the clubb after good work by Stanton & Marini. Dumbarton bought on Mcnaught for the tiring Bingham and Russell for Marini. Russell and Mcnaught had chances to make it 4 but Bathgate pulled one back aftter beating Roycroft in the air. This gave Elgin a new lease of life. Cosgroove replaced LLove for Dumbartton. Dumbarton had more chhances but it was Donneelly for Elgin who made it 3-2 in the last minute. However Dumbarton composed themselves and Cosgrove was fouled and up stepped Russell to make it 4-2 from 12 yards.

The late fight back couldnt hide the fact that Elgin were well beat by a side who look capable of pushing for the Third Division Title.

icon_wink.gifpolo

berwickupload3nh.gif

Heres the other two games from sunday night

Alloa(H) Third Division

Score 3-0 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Nicky Weightman and Iain Chisolm(2)

Another unchanged team from previous game because of the good performances and results. Thought Alloa would have been tricky but we did quite well in this game even though it wasn't our best performance. Got off to another good start with Nicky Weightman continuing his good form by bagging the opener on the 13th minute. Game was really poor overall with another standout performance from keeper Greg Kelly who pulled off some great saves in both halves. Game could have went either way until Alloa defender Steven Winter got sent off in the 29th minute for a foul inside the box. Stand in captain Iain Chisolm converted from the spot to send us into half time with a 2-0 lead. Confidence was by this time sky high in the Berwick camp and things got even better when Chris Townley was sent off in the 48th minute for Alloa. There was then another foul in the box made on Weightman from which centre back Iain Chisolm again scored the penalty on the 50th minute. Rest of the game went with more chances from Berwick that were squandered and some good defending from man of the match Chisolm kept us top of the Bells' Third Division.

Dumbarton(H) Third Division

Score 2-0 Defeat

This game was a major dissapointment for Berwick as we were looking to keep ourselves at the top of the league but a very good performance from Dumbarton shifted us from top spot. The opening goal from David bingham was a cracker of a shot from outside the box and Greg Kelly couldnt be blamed for that one. The second goal we conceded however was a major dissapointment but as Greg Kelly kicked the ball right out to Iain Russel who had an easy finish. Berwick did have chances however and this was not a one sided game as it may seem. Gutted to be shifted from top spot but we are only 1 point away from Queens Park who are currently leading the pack.

Second Division football from Berwick next season then hopefully icon_biggrin.gif

DM icon_wink.gif

dumbarton_home.png

Dumbarton V East Stirling

Russell replaced Marini in the starting line up otherwise it was the samme team that beat Elgin.

After 3 minutes Bingham won a header, Love beat a man, his shot blocked but it fell to Iain Russell who fired Dumbarton into a early lead. Russell thought he had doubled the lead on 33 but it was offside after good work by Roycroft and Stanton.

Half time was 1-0 and East Stirling had offered nothing as an attacking force and made two changes.

The second halffff continued as the first had finished with Dumbarton in control. Mcnaught replaced Bingham & Cosgrove replaced Love on 65. The game was over on 78 as Russell was thru on goal marc murray fouled him and was duly sent off. Paul Lunan took the free kick and scored with a beuaty from 25 yard 2-0. Martini replaced Russell for the final 10 mins. Dave McNaught scored his 5th of the season after a cross from Stanton 3-0. Thats how it finished and East Stirling failed to have one shot eiither on or off target.

Iain Russell was MOM with good shows frrom Pat Stanton, Sean Roycroft and Dean Keenan.

elginbanner8za.gif

Hi there

Just a little write up about the ongoings at Elgin Football Club

cowdenbeath_home.png Cowdenbeath v Elgin elgin_home.png

0- 2

Cowdenbeath were one place behind us, only because we had a better goal difference. Decided to stick to the same team that lost to Dumbarton . Just couldn’t believe it when an unmarked John McGeough scored with only 50 seconds on the clock, what the feck was going on back there. Watching the rest off the first half you could see why these two team were at the wrong end of the table, apart from a Lennox who had a shot that went just wide. Both teams were poor.

Blair Batchelor gave away a penalty in the 2nd half, when he climbed all over Marc McAusland . McDevitt took the spot kick but our keeper McLenaghan pulled off a fine save. We stated to push up a bit looking for a goal, but this cost us in the end, an unmarked Gibson scored there 2nd in injury time. To be honest with ya this was a very poor match between two very poor teams.

elgin_home.png Elgin v Peterhead peterhead_home.png

1- 1

Peterhead had been up the top all season and I didn’t really fancy our chances here. Decided to make 4 changes dropped Batchelor and Black these two onloan signing just wasn’t doing it for me, replaced them with Patterson, who was playing his first game off the season and McGrady. Also dropped Johston who just couldn’t find any sort off fittest level to last a full 90 minutes and replaced him with Wood who was also playing his first game for us this season. MacDonold was replaced by a fit again Tulloch.

They really came at us looking for that early goal, but McLenaghan was having a great game in goal and made a couple of fine saves. Also the new partnership of Stephen and Patterson seemed to be working. On the half hour mark Brazil was cleared on goal after a great pass from Lennox , YES he scored 1-0 up, we had caught them on the counter. We wasdn’t the best team on the park but we went in 1 up.

Well the 2nd half was much the same as the first with Peterhead really attacking us, but my back five were playing well, so when Lennox gave away a penalty for holding back Martin Wood I couldn’t believe it, we seem to be giving away penaltys for fun this season. Ciaran Donnelly didn’t give the keeper any chance with the pen. Peterhead came at us again but our defending today was top notch. We nearly had a chance to nick all 3 points in injury time when sub Sim hit the crossbar with a volley. No doubt about it Peterhead were the better team but we nicked a point from the game. Was really pleased with the way Stephen played, he was really solid today, and won everything he went for.

27/9/06 Forfar 2 Dumbarton 1

McNaught started instead of the tired David Bingham who was put on the bench.

Early chance for Hardie whos free kick was well saved by the keeper. 13 mins and Love commits a silly foul and gets a yellow card, the resulting free kick sees Gemmill get lucky and put Forfar 1-0 up. 33 mins and after Forfar had been on top and McNaught scored a typical poachers goal after a ball from Lunan 1-1 and the game is back in the balance. 1-1 half time and Dumbarton are pleased to go in level.

60 mins and forfar are just on top. Brownley brings on bingham for russell and cosgrove for love. Affter 70 mins dumbarton got caught on the counter abd mckinley puts forfar 2-1 with a well worked goal. Marini replaces Hardie. A late onnsllaught failed to get Dumbarton a equaliser.

Overall not as bad a performmance as first thought and we deserved a point.

smallerbaner2bz.png

Good evening Boys,Girl and Frank normal sesion time tomorrow 7.30 in mirc not had any reply from Chris or Muck

i have 2 people on the wings waiting to join so if they dont show we have replacements as i have said before i like muck but he has yet again fallen off the end of the earth

stennybanner3sz.gif

Stenny are sitting pretty at the top of division 2 awaiting tonights session you have not had a run down of how stenny are doing so heres whats been hapening at Ochilview Park

Sat 26/7/08 Challange cup 1st round

Arbroath 4-0

The Fans turn out to see new Signings 2 keepers and 3 outfield players brought in to strengthen the team but fans are left disapointed as McCunnie and Calder are the only 2 to start Stenny are always in comand and at half time new signing Novo and McManus who had played on loan before at Ochilview come on and both get on the score sheet

Sat 2/8/2008 Scottish 2nd div New Bayview

East Fife (A) 2-0

Aopening day victory against fellow title Challangers East fife with the Goals from Nish being the difference between the teams

Tue 5/8/2008 League cup 1st round Cliftonhill

Albion Rvs 3-0

A Easy victory against fellow 2nd division Albion shows the gulf between the teams and makes Albion one of the favourites to go back down to the 3rd goals from N&N seel victory nish scoring on the 9th min and novo grabbing another 2 in 2nd half on as a sub

sat 9/8/08 2nd Division

Stirling albion 3-0

3 goals in 4 mins was enough to take all 3 points here Charlie Miller opened the Scoring in the 3rd min before adding another on the 6th and di giacamo finnished the game of on the 7th min the only suprise in the game was it finnished only 3 after a great start

Sat 16/8/08 Scottish 2nd division Palmerston Park

Queen of the south1-1

1st points droped in a hard fought draw Nish once again the goal scorer

Tue 19/8/08 League cup 2nd round

Dunfermline 3-1

The Pars were put to the sword with Nish and Di Giacamo(2) puting the Warriors 3-0 up at H/T the Pars came out all guns blazzing in the 2nd half but could only score once aand Stenny took a premier league scalp

Sat 23/8/08 Div 2

Hamilton 2-0

A63rd min free kick from Mulgrew added to the 1st half own goal to give stenny all 3 points again the Warriors were impressive and Wilson marshalled the Defence in a man of the match performance

tue 26/8/08 challange cup 2nd round

Clyde2-2 2-4 on penalties

Another Early cup exit this time on penalties was disapointing after fighting back from 2-0 down Miller missed the 4th spot kick after being the hero scoring 2 goals to bring the Warriors on level terms Deucher also missed the 2nd spot kick

Sat 6/8/08 2nd Division

Stranraer 2-0

Back to winning ways but another spot kick missed this time by Nish Yes you have not seen a typo Nish did actually miss although it was the 2nd spot kick off the day Nish scoring the 1st from the spot before increasing the lead on the 68th min again the defence looked tight and Calder keeps another Clean sheet keeping if you pardon the pun the other new Signing Nicholson a 1k capture from celtic on the bench

Sat 13/9/08 2nd division Glebe Park

Brechin 3-1

3-1 win Away from home with little resistance Charlie miller playing the captains roll pulled all the strings in a well deserved win

Wed 17/9/08 League cup 3rd round Pittodrie Stadium

Aberdeen1-5

The scorline flatters The homeside although a deserved win as the home side ran over the top of there 2nd division opponents with a 4-0 lead at half time Aberdeen took there foot of the gas alowing stenny to come back into the game

Sat 20/8/08 2nd division

Morton 2-0

Boggy Team morton were beat 2-0 with 2 early goals Morton who were last season relgated from the 1st back to the 2nd had seem to hold a hoodo 2 seasons ago when both teams were last in the 2nd division

Wed 24/9/08 2nd division Cliftonhill

Albion rvs 4-0

Albion rvs were yet again soundly beat and although Early doors look certs to be in the 3rd division unless Manager David muckursieCan turn them round although with him currently being on a long term holliday it looks like Albions only hope is to replace the manager Brebner coming on for the injured Miller played well in midfield but star of the show was hat-trick hero Di-Giacomo

Sat 27/9/08 2nd division

Arbroath 3-1

Top of the Table stenny were 1-0 down after 1 min but hit back to win 3-1 and stay top with the next game at home to 2nd top East Fife Nish Murray and Alex Rae scored the goals to keep stenny undefeated

Sat 11/10/08 2nd Division

East fife 2-2

A shot from outside the box by stephen glass opened the scoring before Brighton went straight up the park to equalise east fife went into the lead on the 27th min after butchering Di Giacaomo who was helped from the park on the 11th min Nish made sure the points were sharred and kept stenny on top and undefeated in the league campaign

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by __McD__:

right lads to sinish em off. Ill make chris one later days see how he gets on 1st.

berwickupload3nh.gif

albionupload2ip.gif

dumbartonupload9nh.gif

queensupload6vf.gif

Enjoy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont forget to use your latest banners chaps and chapeses

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by __McD__:

right guys 3rd and final set of banners not all complete but jus to let u guys see what there like. icon_wink.gif

stennybanner3sz.gif

elginbanner1dt.gif

elginbanner8za.gif

montroseupload4dn.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

smallerbaner2bz.png

Good sesion the night lads it's with great Saddness i retired Muck Tonight again he's not been seen for a couple of weeks and i have not herd from him by e-mail or by posting on thread our two latest new members tracy and chris have had there trial period Tracy is now a member of the clan and Chris retired as he has no showed to many times for a new member his place in the clan will be offered to one of the players on our wating list who will maybe show more often

berwickupload3nh.gif

good night tonight again and berwick looking stronger and definetly should be up in the play off places at the end of the season.

Cowdenbeath(A) Third Division

Score 2-0 win

Berwick Goalscorers: Iain Chisolm and Nicky Weightman

This game was always going to be hard with Cowdenbeath winning in the first meeting between the two teams at the start of the season. They couldnt have had a worse start when Marc McAusland was sent off and gave away a penalty in the 11th minute for a bad tackle inside the box. Iain Chisolm converted from the spot and the game was never in doubt after this. Nicky Weightman scored in the 27th minute and Berwick had a good few more chances but couldnt put any of them away and we had to do with the 2-0 victory which was a good start to the night.

to be continued....

DM

berwickupload3nh.gif

Peterhead(H) Third Divison

Score 2-1 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Iain Chisolm (2 pens)

This was a really important game for Berwick as Peterhead were one of the teams that were only 1 or 2 points behind us so we knew a win here would go a long way. A bad tackle by a Peterhead centre back in the 5th minute in the box resulted in a penalty for Berwick which solid centre back Iain Chisholm converted as usual. Few chances again for both teams before the break but there neither defence was breached. I risked Ryan Wilkie for this game who had picked up a slight injury in the last game and this proved costly as he picked up another knock in the second half which has ruled him out for around 2 months. Second half only really lit up when Martin Wood flew past the Berwick defence in the 67th minute to slot one past Greg Kelly who could only stand and watch as Peterhead equalised. It wasnt for long however when again Peterhead gave away another penalty in the 75th minute and Iain Chisholm rarely misses these and he didnt dissapoint scoring yet another goal. Peterhead pushed and pushed after this and Greg Kelly pulled of a super save in the last minute to deny Peterhead the draw that they probably deserved for their efforts. This win kept Berwick top a point ahead then.

berwickupload3nh.gif

Elgin(A) Third Division

Score 0-0 Draw

This game was a 0-0 bore draw and nothing really else to say about it. In truth Elgin could have nicked a win here but were really unlucky with a few good stops from Greg kelly and they hit the post once in the opening few minutes. There were good performances however from Berwick centre backs Iain Chisholm and Euan Robertson who both looked solid for most of the match and helped us keep our record of being the team that has conceded the fewest goals in the league. Elgin Left Back Stephen Tulloch was awarded the man of the match award for a solid performance at the back aswell. This Result stil kept us top of the league and looking for the 3 points in our next game.

berwickupload3nh.gif

East Stirling(H) Third Division

Score 1-1 Draw

Berwick Goalscorers: Derek Anderson

Berwick vs East Stirling, Good vs Evil, Rich vs Poor, Decent vs Utter ***** whatever way you put it this should have been a home win here no excuses. We could have extended our Lead at the top to a few points again as there was points dropped elsewhere but it was not to be. The first half Berwick started well dominating the play until a shabby piece of defending ended up with the ball falling to Graeme Smith on the edge of the Berwick box who took his chance and scored on the 22nd minute. The rest of the game passed without another East Stirling attack and plenty of Berwick chances. Finally Derek Anderson got the much needed equaliser on the 76th with a well placed header but we couldnt add to this in the closing minutes. This should have been an easy win here though especailly looking at the match statistics which shows Berwick with 60-40 possesion and 13 shots to their 2. The man of the match award went to East Stirling keeper John McBride who made some stunning saves and without them East Striling would have been thrashed. Anyway the point still kept us top hanging on by a thread.

berwickupload3nh.gif

Gala Fairydean(H) Scottish Cup 1st Round

Score 0-0 Draw

This really was an embarrasing result against a non league pub team. Absolutely no attacks from both teams here in which was one of the worst games I have saw so a replay it was then....

Gala Fairydean(A) Scottish Cup 1st Round Replay

Score 3-0 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Iain Chisholm(pen), Derek Anderson, Mark Reynolds

Before the game the team was hit with the dreadful news that inspirational keeper Greg Kelly would be out of action for a month joining Ryan Wilkie on the treatment table. The first half of this game was another horror and with the tie going into half time at 0-0 still I was starting to worry. No changes at half time though as we were playing well and looked like scoring in the first half. The breakthrough didnt come until the 62nd minute though from yet another Iain Chisholm penalty who just doesnt seem to miss any. Derek Anderson was then brought on in the 63rd minute to freshen up the attack. This was a good decision as he netted three minutes later to confirm Berwicks arrival in the next round. The win was sealed in the 67th minute when Derek Anderson the super sub crossed for Mark Reynolds to head home a rare goal. Centre Back Chisholm picked up another man of the match award in this game as he was agin superb at the back. Queens Park away in the league next then a hard game.

more to follow..

dm icon_wink.gif

berwickupload3nh.gif

Last Update from Sundays game.

Queens Park(A) Third Division

Score 2-0 Win

Berwick Goalscorers: Stuart Anderson and Nicky Weightman

Tha last meeting of these two teams saw Berwick come away with a 5-0 win and Queens park getting a man sent off however I knew this wouldnt be anywhere as near as easy and was hoping at most for a draw here especailly with the way we had been playing recently and with 4 key players out of the game. From the start Queens Park were dominating the game and should have scored in the first half but against the odds Berwicks captain Stuart Anderson stepped up and with an excellent shot outside the box that put Berwick 1-0 going into the break. Nicky Weightman then doubled our lead on the 53rd minute with a good header and again Queens Park tried and tried but just couldnt find that 1 goal that was needed. They had 14 shots in the game and 0 on target so this shows they lacked in their finishing up front. There was some excellent performances from the berwick team including Stuart Malcolm and Euan Roberston at centre back, Stephen Baird and Stuart Anderson in midfield but the man of the match award went to right winger Robbie Arthur who was filling in for Ryan Wilkie. This kept us 1 point from the top of the league with a game in hand.

Forfar(A) Third Division

Score 3-1 Defeat

Berwick Goalscorers: Graeme Churchill

On the back off that excellent victory at Queens Park I was hoping we could secure a draw here to move back into top spot but it wasnt to be. Forfar played well and deserved their goal from Scott Gemmill on the 17th minute and it deserved to be 1-0 going into half time. However after the break we came right back into the game and had a good few chances to score before Stuart Malcolm was sent off in the 49th minute. That was a big dissapointment and to be honest cost us the game as we were looking like getting right back into it. Forfar added to our misery when they scored 2 further goals and not suprisingly controlled the rest of the game. Graeme Churchill scored a consolation for Berwick in the 85th minute. This result sees us still in second then 1 point behind.

stennybanner3sz.gif

sat 18/10/08 Forthbank stadium div 2

Stirling 3-0

a 3-0 win away from home with the front paring of novo and nish in form Stirling were happy to only suffer a 3-0 defeat

sat 25/10/2008 div 2

queen of the south 1-0

1-0 victory here was costly for the warrirors with both nish and mcmanus carried from the field with mulgrew and waddelll helped from the pitch

wed 29/10/08 Douglas Park Div2Hamilton 2-2

a fair 2-2 draw away to hamilton see the warriors drop points for only the 2nd time this season centre half webb was disapointing

match reports still to follow for stranraer arbroath albion rvs brechin morton qos east fife and stirling

Archived