Ric's Sunday night scots clan

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep ric,tony is a bad player,why is it so hard to find commited players,when tony left our league i found 3 more new players and they did exactly the same thingon the first night,so im gonna name and shame them,look out for my thread called NAMED AND SHAMED a bit later on SI forums,gotta warn ppl about these muppets

just a little update from east fife manager

have been doin ok in the league, have settled around the upper half of the table. currently sitting in the playoff position in 4th so happy with the team. burns is doing a great job upfront and the whole squad played gr8 in a 4-0 win against queens. keep it up lads

just to let u guys no i dont think i can make it on sunday as it my mates 21st and we up in aberdeen all weeked this is the 18th i cant make btw

will try my hardest tho! as this will be the last game b4 xmas i wood like to wish everyone a good one and hopefully santa will give a transfer budget

mcd hopefully gets a striker

albion hopefully will get a loss

stenny will want to move to the top of the league along with berwick

tony will get a watch to know wen to turn up

merry xmas!

I BEG A MOD TO REMOVE THE SIZE OF THE PHOTO ITS RUINIING THE THREAD ! PLEASE !

On A Lighter Note !

East Stirling Hammer Berwick

East Stirling recorded a triumphant win against Berwick Rangers which now moves East Stirlinshire up into a mid table position . Pettigrew taunted the Berwick manager shouting names from the Dugout like "LOOSER" and "EASY EASY EASY" !

icon_wink.gif

So far Berwick have signed:

12.7.2005 Gary Fleming - £0 from Albion Rovers

14.7.2005 Jorg Stiel - Free transfer

14.7.2005 Andy Ross - Free transfer

17.7.2005 Stuart McLean - Free transfer

18.7.2005 Craig Young - £0 from Albion Rovers

19.7.2005 Mike McDermott - £0 from Alloa

19.7.2005 Steve McGlinchey - Free transfer

20.7.2005 Graeme Holmes - Free transfer

21.7.2005 Ryan Wilkie - Free transfer

25.7.2005 Ally Mitchell - £0 from Brechin

30.8.2005 Steven Bonar - £0 from Forfar

31.8.2005 James Collier - Free from Arbroath

2.12.2005 Destin Makumbu - Free from Boden

League Cup 2nd Round - Berwick 1 (3) - (1) 1 Queen of the South

The two goals in the 90 minutes were brought in the first 12 minutes. Derek Lyle put the Queens ahead in 8 mins and Gareth Hutchison equalised in the 11th min. It stayed like this until penalties. Berwick won 3-1 on penalties with Shields, Haynes and Harris scoring from the spot.

League - Berwick 2 - 0 Stenhousemuir

For the second time in one season, Berwick put Richards team to the sword. Berwick pressed but it took until the 84th minute when McLeish put the Wee Gers ahead. Brian Fairbairn finished the game in the 87th minute when he put the possession into play and beat Richards team who are the self proclaimed favourites for the league.

League - East Fife 1 - 0 Berwick

After a good 2 wins on the trot once Berwick target, Alex Burns put the home side ahead in the 19th minute and Berwick couldn’t get back into the game. Consistency is needed for Berwick

League - Berwick 2 - 1 Arbroath

Berwick had let high earner Gareth Hutchison go for free as their wage bill had to be reduced. He signed for the visiting side and put them 1-0 up inside 20 mins. Jay Shields equalised from the spot on the 27th minute and James Collier got the winner on the 62nd minute and Berwick sailed to the end. Fighting spirit shown by Berwick to win the game.

League - Stenhousemuir 2 - 1 Berwick

Richard wanted revenge for the prior 2 games involving these teams. This was the first game in the league and Scott Tunbridge scored a brace (38, 71) to win the game. Garry Fleming got a goal in the 76th minute but it wasn’t enough. The first league 3 points goes to Stenny.

Scottish Cup 1st Round - Berwick 2 - 0 East Stirling

Berwick needed to get back to winning ways and they did. James Collier put the Wee Gers ahead in the 30th min and David Murie scored in the 64th minute to win the game for Berwick. Berwick went through to the 2nd round of the Scottish Cup.

League - Berwick 2 - 0 East Fife

This game was completely Berwick and should’ve been more goals but Steve McGlinchey scored twice (2, 13) and this was enough to breeze through this match against relegation battlers East Fife.

League - East Stirling 3 - 1 Berwick

Before this game we topped the table………. The injury table. Johnny Walker put the home side 1-0 up in the 4th minute through a penalty. Steve McGlinchey scored in the 10th minute and Blair and Ure added to the goals to East Stirling. This was completely against the run of play and Berwick definitely deserved to win it.

League - Berwick 0 - 0 Cowdenbeath

Another disappointing match and Berwick didn’t play very well with no major points in the game. A bore 0-0 draw.

Scottish Cup 2nd Round - Berwick 2 - 0 Stenhousemuir

Richard said before this game it was like a bye into the next round. He, however waved good bye to the Scottish Cup. Stenhousemuir have been put out of both cups this season by Berwick. Jay Shields scored from the spot twice in this game. In the 23rd minute and the 43rd minute. James Collier was injured in the 51st minute but Berwick looked back to themselves. They completely outclassed Stenny today and its good to see Berwick playing such great football. Scottish Cup Yer Havin A Laugh was heard ringing around the stadium when Berwick went 2-0 up.

League - Montrose 1 - 0 Berwick

Montrose went 1-0 up in the 72nd minute through Willie Martins and Berwick never looked as if they were going to get back in it. A very poor performance from Berwick.

League - Berwick 2 - 1 Albion Rovers

High flyers Albion Rovers where brought back down to earth by a hard working Berwick side. A Steve McGlinchey double (7, 47) was enough to win the game even though Albion got a penalty and scored it in the 43rd minute. This sets Berwick up nicely to play against Queens Park.

Hi there

First off would like to thank Ric and the lads for letting me join. Game ran very smooth and at just the right pace. icon14.gif

Well then, I took over at Elgin and what a job I have got here. 2nd from bottom in the league, and no money to spend. The first weekend was a cup weekend and as Elgin were out of the cup gave me a chance to have a look around and get to know my team.

First game was against East Fife who were mid table. Well they scored early on and should have had a couple more going into half time. Was just glad to get the team into the dressing room, for a little chat. We come out playing better in the 2nd half and had are chances, we just wasn’t taking them. Then, about the 82nd minute we scored and would off walked away happy with a draw. In the 90th minute the East fife left back, under no pressure decided to back pass to his keeper but hits it too hard. Yyyeeeessss OG and a win which we really nicked, but who cares.

Next game was against bottom team Queens Park who had not won in 17 games. Was 2-0 down at half time. Did I give to my lads. They did come out fighting, but ended up losing 3-2.

Next was East Sterling one point and one place above me. 1-0 down at half time, East Sterling having most of the game but we did have our chances as well. Both keepers pulled off some good saves. East Sterling came out like a rocket and had a hat full of chances in the 2nd half, but in the 83rd minute we scored with maybe one of our only chances of the half. They still came at us but we defended well. Was I glad the ref blow the final whistle as East Sterling were on another attack.

Apart from the Queens park game have been happy with the results, just cross my fingers that I don’t get many injuries, which could really hurt me. If I can get Elgin mid table by the end of the season will be happy.

Cheers Holo

PS going away for New Year so hope to see ya 2nd Sunday of the New Year.

hi guys,

sorry for my no show on tue the 27th. my girlfriend had to b rushed to hospital with stocmach pains but thankfully it was just a very painful kidney infection. i didnt have time to post or email but hope u guys understand. hope u all had a great xmas and i'l c u in the new year!

bugger, lost in playoff final. let ric off seein as he finished about 20pts above me in league so guess he deserves to go up icon_rolleyes.gif

hopefully now i can get a preseason in i can actually sign some decent players instead of havin to make to do with the dregs and rejects no one else wanted that were on offer in the jan window....

roll on 2006=2007

Season has ended 1st season has seen some coming and going of managers latest to leave is Sandy pettigrew who was the youngest member of the clan we now have 8 members in the clan with 1 new member maybe joining on sunday sandy leaving leaves us with 1 space witch i will advertise on the si web site

in tonites marathon session i signed 44 players in a month!!! many youngsters most around 21 years old. highlights include paul dixon patrick stahl and adam croakley mean while i got steven manally from dundee on loan. so many players so with a bit of training should turn out well as i see alot off potential. however my pre season build up was slightly hampered by signings and contract renewals and we slumped to 3-1 cup defeat by east stirling but i have them next week and am gonna beat ther ass so bad.. i feel we should be up there for promotion again this season as finished 3rd last season and the 2 above wer promoted so lets hope we are in for an exciting and sucessful season...ps maybe i should put some of the players i bought on ebay?!?!?!

dunno if there is space mate but no harm in askin ric! sure something will come up or mite b able to squeeze u in. it is a good clan to be in good banter and ric is an excellent host very reliable and a gr8 guy. this is my first clan game and it has been gr8 the guys have always been there if ive had a problem etc. jus make sure u read our rules and check the website

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlmcgregor:

in tonites marathon session i signed 44 players in a month!!! many youngsters most around 21 years old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As someone said last night. Th4ey thought he was building an army not a football team. icon_razz.gificon_eek.gificon_wink.gif

Hi there

Just a little write up about the ongoings at Elgin Football Club.

I sat there in my office and thought about how I had done as manager of Elgin. When I first took over they were 2nd from bottom and in all sorts of money problems. Well I grinded out a few results it wasn’t pretty but got them a couple of places higher by the end of the season. I also started to cut back on the wage bill, and let one or two off the bigger earners that were not in my plans go, and couple of other players didn’t have there contracts renewed, and those who did had a small rise or none at all.

To my surprise the board was very happy with me, especially the way the financial side of the club was going, and decided to offer me a new three year deal. But alias it was the same old story of we have no money to give you for new players. There was a report about the new contract in The Northern Scot, with a couple of quotes from players with one saying he was over the moon that I had signed, and another was pleased.

I knew I had to get a few new faces in, what we did struggle with last season was the depth of the squad if we picked up suspensions or injuries, in certain places especially the left side and up front. One team came in with a 2 grand offer for my left back Ian Vigors, was very tempted but like I said apart from a very young and not ready 17 year old he was the only real left back I had at the club. So I turned the offer down.

So I went bargain hunting and left my assistant in charge of the friendly. Not sure why but no one really wants to play for Elgin as I had talks with this player and that only to find they had been offered better at other clubs. But I did manage to get a few free transfers in and a couple of players that were out of contract, also loaned Darren Gribbon from Forfar.

Then I started to pick up injuries, first of was Frazer Bremmer who had just won Fan player of year, broke his foot will be out for 2 months and Ian Vigors twisted his knee, (maybe I should of sold him). We didn’t do to well in the friendly matchs while I was away either, losing 1-0 to Carnousite, 3-0 lose to Celtic reserves and a 7-0 thumping to Rangers Reserves. We did get a 1-1 draw at home to Stirling.

Well looking forward to the season ahead, I am not going to get greedy a good mid table placing would do and maybe a good cup run to bring in some cash. The draw was made for the challenge cup and couldn’t believe my luck when we got a home draw, Hamilton the holders and two leagues above us. Then the draw for the League Cup was made, and got Dundee at home.

First game of the season, home to Hamilton, in the 1st Rd of the Challenge cup. Hamilton were all over us in the first half, and were 2-0 up after half time, Pat Keogh(16th min) and Mark Gilhaney( 30th min), but to tell you the truth it should have been more. There was a few harsh angryfire.gif words from me at half –time, the players responded well with a goal by Martin Johnson (60th min). We had our chance to equalize, but Hamilton missed a few as well. All in all it was a fair result Hamilton were the better team, but I was pleased with our 2nd half performance.

Got a week now to prepare for our first league game of the season, home to Queens Park. Which I feel we should win, and is a must win for us.

Anoter good session cheers Ric. icon14.gificon14.gif

Holo icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

season 2 get underway proper on sunday and stenny feel confident after beating queen of the south in the challange cup 3-1 yes it might have been a cup game but never the less it was a victory against a team who were 2 divisions above them last season!

clan news

i have not herd from baz icon_cool.gifnow for a few weeks wish is a shame as he was a regular shower up till now with both good fm and posting skills.Gav has sorted out his problems and should be here on sunday i will also take this time to appologise for not updating clan website but with the comings and goings of the clan it has been hard to keep up

the teams and the managers for season 2

2nd division

Albion rvs-David Muckersie (aka muck9)

Stenhousmuir-Richard Thomson

3rd division

East Fife-Ross Mcgregor (aka rlmcgregor)

Montrose- Robert Mcdougall (aka _mcd_)

Elgin-Frank Darnell (aka hollowlegs)

Arbroath-Pedro Escobar(aka archie noakes)

Berwick - Gavin Renwick (aka ?)

to be confirmed

Cowdenbeath-Barrie jones (aka aberdeen-raith)

resigning

sandy pettigrew-unemployed first sacking in game of clan at East Stirling

Rich Taylor-when he turns up nice guy good player but cant give clan time required so resigning from queens park

possible replacements

arild who i have sent a e-mail

a.n.other

hey dudes,

will be in on Sunday...

internets been buggered since new years eve, every so often i get to connect for about a couple of mins at a time.. everythings sorted now (or rather, all i can have done/do myself is done)

be good to get back into the game again, its been a while since y'all were seeing my skills...

east fife off to a flier!!

my team has stormed to the top of the 3rd division with 3 wins and a draw. my only loss last nite was a 4-1 defeat by killie in the 2nd round of the league cup bit harsh scoreline but followed it up with a win. my signings are showing to be very well with 2k signing patrick stahl running the show his value has soared to 10 times what i paid for him but i would need at least 100 times that too sell. other performers are young adam croakley upfront and a signing last year weir giving my team some experience. burns played his first game of the season and guess what he scored meanwhile fellow striker garry mcswegan has ****ed me off by playing pants in his first game and missing a penalty too so i transfer listed him and hopefully elgin will take him as they need a bit of fire power (sorry frank!)

as usual the banter has been flowing and it has been a great laff! keep it up lads but need a few more on the forum to prove i am kicking your ass.

ps ric fancy a friendly?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlmcgregor:

meanwhile fellow striker garry mcswegan has ****ed me off by playing pants in his first game and missing a penalty too so i transfer listed him and hopefully elgin will take him as they need a bit of fire power (sorry frank!)

ps ric fancy a friendly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firepower , you not got a roket for sale have you icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Hi there

Still have problems with getting players to join Elgin. The odds came out, for promotion and Elgin have been placed at 80-1, so it doesn’t look good going into my first league game.

Elgin 3-1 v Queens Park 4-5 fav

This was one of the games I had ear marked that we could win. Two off my better players were still out injured, Frazer Bremmer and Ian Vigors I still felt I had a chance to win this one. It was a bit off a cagy start with no one really having a go at goal, we won a throw on deep in there half, Youngson took the throw on, Anton Lennox knocked it back to him, Youngson put in a great cross to the near post. Napier jumped above Ferguson and forced the ball goalwards with a header GOAL NAPIER SCORED FOR ELGIN!!. Yes 1-0 up after 16 mins.

Both teams had a couple of chances, with just over half hr to go Brian Felvus got clean through on goal, keeper Renton made a good save but Downs got to the loose ball, and DOWNS SCORED FOR QUEEN'S PARK!! . 1-1 at half time, showed the lads a bit of encouragement in the team talk and told them they were for the taking. There keeper McCue made a brilliant save from Johnston. Then a few minutes later, David Rowson played a hopeful ball from the right hand side into the box, my left back Callum Read must off been half asleep when Weatherston came around the back of him and smashed the ball into the net. WEATHERSTON SCORED FOR QUEEN'S PARK!! .

The ball well intercepted by Jamie Ferguson, in the midfield, who then passed it to Strachan, Gavin Strachan played a long ball forward from centre of midfield, Downs was the first to it and found himself in some space. Downs’ second of the game FOR QUEEN'S PARK!! . My defence was starting to look a little shaky, and Downs was running the show. Renton made another brilliant save from a Gavin Strachan header. My sub Chris Gardiner, missed a chance in the closing minutes.

Downs was the best player on the park and made a difference, and the better team won on the end of the day. I need to sort that defence out.

Elgin 1 Queens Park 3.

More to come cheers Holo

icon14.gificon14.gif

Hi there

Next was Dundee in the League cup 1st Rd. didn’t tell the lads this, but never really fancied are chances here, thought if we could nick a draw we have done very well. Made a couple of changes Dropped Allan Dempsie(DR) and Stuart Cumming (DC). Pushed Jamie McKenzie back to right back, and brought in David Hines (DC) and Gary Woods (MC).

Dundee 1-14 fav v Elgin 20-1

Straight from the first whistle they were at us, with McManus finding himself in the clear with just the goalie to beat, and scored in the 3rd minute. I feared the worst. We were under the cosh, there second came from a corner, McManus out-jumped Hugh Dickson and headed in the 30th minute. We made half time 2-0 down and it should have been more if it was for the last ditch defending and some great work from our keeper Renton. Encouraged the lads at half time and asked them to show me a bit of pride.

It was a bit much the same in the second half, but at times the lads did have a go back and missed a couple of chances of there own. Renton pulled off a couple more good saves, and some solid defending. It looks like the changes to the defence may work. As the players walk a few off the Dundee players were having goes at each other, and arguments could be heard from the dressing room they were expecting to slaughter us but it didn’t happen and was very pleased with the lads in the end.

Dundee 2 Elgin 0.

Next game was against away to East Fife. This was going to be a tough one. East fife had just missed out on the player place last season, and had signed a rake of players in the close season. They were one the top sides in the league I think. Replace Jamie McKenzie (DR) with Allan Dempsie(DR) and Hugh Dickson (CD) with Paul Kazan.

East Fife 2-5 fav v Elgin 13-2

From the start East Fife were at us, and 15 mins had just gone when Ståhl knocked a lovely ball for Andy Ferguson, who got free of the last defender and scored for East Fife. We got to half time still only 1- 0 down with East Fife hardy given us a sniff of there goal. Well I gave it to my lads in the dressing run, told them we need a result out of this one. Had to take Paul Kazan (CD) off who had taken a knock, and bring on Michael Barbour. Youngson picked up a good ball from Hinds out on the right, Youngson drove down the right wing unopposed and put in a great cross into the six yard box. Gary woods came flying in to meet it WOOD SCORED FOR ELGIN!! HIS 1st OF THE SEASON . That’s more like it, that’s the response I was looking for. We started to play a bit after this goal, although Fife had there chances as well. Was very impressed by there player Ståhl. We held out for the draw, which was a good result in the end of the day.

East Fife 1 Elgin 1.

Cheers Holo

icon_wink.gifevening all a bit better sesion last night with a bit of banter in msn with mark coming into clan to fill dumbarton or queens park there is still a view spaces available i have played in a clan that had 10 regular turning up all in msn (very important)and getting 4 or 5 games in a sesion

Hi Everyone

I'm really looking forward to getting started.Just waiting on my team.

Hpoefully it wont be a team FULL of donkeys and Moral wont be lower than a sneaks belly!

Archived