Overload really "Extreme" and "Ultra-Attacking"?

I was having some problems recently scoring goals whilst having a huge load of possession, even on attacking, as Chelsea. I thought this was a little odd as it is the highest natural style from the TC. For a test, I decided to go an entire game using Overload.

Now, not only did I win the game 3-0, the opposition was quite substantially kept at bay, almost making my tactic balanced (even thought the duties are quite normal really). The tactic also has a balanced philosophy, not very fluid or the like.

Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

The game is very rock, paper scissors. So the opposition being kept at bay probably had more to do with them playing very conservatively due to facing Chelsea thus the holes an overload or all out attack would leave behind are not as big of an issue. If you were to play an aggressive attacking strategy against another aggressive attacking strategy then you are more likely to see craziness occur with fairly random results and alot of chances and high scoring games.

If you look at the match and how you regained possession it will tell you more, and whether or not the above paragraph is in fact nonsense :D

I thought this too, that it was being a one off. However, using Overload all game every game, I went on a 9 game unbeaten run beating Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool as Chelsea. Even with Chelsea's squad, playing overload against this teams seems like utter suicide, but I actually outplayed them...

In that case I don't know what to say. May have been dumb luck, may have been the AI being too defensive even as Arsenal etc, may have been [insert variable of choice here]...

As far as I know AI strategies depend on match odds which depend on home/away, form, re[utation and manager attributes. Might be worth running the test again to see what happens or just uploading the pkms in the bugs forum on the off chance they see it as an issue also.

If you look at most(nearly all) of the tactics being uploaded you will see they are largely attackingly aggressive in nature, i am still playing the demo and the only way i have been able to produce good results so far with the top clubs is by basically playing the same way as you have mentioned.

Not just strategy wise, but almost everything must be in the attacking extreme, you have to play like you are 1-0 down with 2 minutes to play in every game from the first minute and even then it can often not be enough.

Just looking at what overload does, and this throws up some problems:

Max defensive line push up

Max tempo

Max Width

I should be getting picked off all over the park. Not only that, my fullbacks are on complete attacking, so are practically no longer full backs.

If anyone would like to try this out themselves (I'd recommend a big club, the smaller clubs wouldn't be able to implement it, due to the roles I use), it would be helpful.

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/28072164/file.html

Guest jantzen

Just wanted to give a huge thumbs-up to this tactic Dan!!

I'm playing with Brøndby (danish league) and up until recenty I used the China-creation tactic, which I was struggling to get decent results with. I was getting the fans on my back as well as the board when I thought I'd give your tactic a go. The first match was in the Europa League against Roma, who had thumped me 3-0 in Rome in the reverse match. I lost narrowly 2-1 and it was a good effort as my ass man would have said. Since then I have played 10 games without losing, including two Europa League encounters against Partizan (away) and Lille as well.

I look comfortable in the games and I really like the style of play and watching the players perform their roles (especially the midfielders and centrebacks).

So thanks! Can't believe this thread hasn't got more replies! ;)

Archived