Team Talks

Does anyone have any ideas on what team talks to use for your players?

I know I read somewhere that you should start off with 'None' unless you're huge underdogs and then use 'Wish luck', but I can't remember what combinations you should use at half time?

for what it's worth, i haven't used team talks in previous versions and pretty much left it to my assistant. I often found that once I started opening my mouth the team would screw it up. However in the new version I have started doing it more often and found a combination that seems to work fairly well.

For home games I always start by telling them that I expect a win. I then give them a kick up the backside at half time, even if they are winning. I've found that when winning by a couple of goals at half time the team doesn't tend to sit back and get complacent.

For away games I tell them to relax at the start and at half time. This seems to take a lot of pressure off of them and they play fairly well, although not always winning.

I've found it's also of benefit to look at players motivational status at half time and if a player is a bit complacent or just needs a little bit of encouragement you can give them something different from the rest of the team. One thing I have found is that when a player has made a mistake that has lead to a goal it doesn't seem to matter what you say to them they never seem to recover so it's best to take them off.

Hi

Use of Team Talks in these matches

I believe that the use can be of significance but also that overuse can be counter productive so I started to adopt these team talks taken from another thread by Tyler bode (thank you for your team talk views).

(Maintains high morale)

Kick-off:

'Nothing'.

Rival team: 'For Fans'.

Underdogs(^2/1): Home- 'We Can Win', Away- 'Wish Luck'.

Half-time:

Winning: 'Nothing'.

Drawing (playing well): 'Nothing'.

Drawing (playing bad) or Losing: 'I want more/Disappointed, etc'.

Full-time:

(Despite result) -5 'Disappointed',

+8 'Delighted'.

5.0 to 7.9: (Team) 'Well done/Good effort, etc'.

K...:)

Spot on, thank you, I knew I'd read about this somewhere and it mus thave been TylerBode's thread.

This variation does work very well, I also tell any players that are subbed on ata half time that I have faith/they can make a difference and it seems to contribute well to their performance.

Thanks guys.

Do a search for Wolfgangs team talk thread, it give great advice and has really helped me to turn games around, inspire top-draw performances from average players and above all maintain a decent level of motivation. It's by far the best I've found on the forum.

Archived