FM 08: West Ham United - Happy Hammers

westhamrob

hi

just about 2 start my second season....got 4th in my first year icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Bought van der vart and kompany in first season but need a RM/RW and a good striker...ave 15 mil left . Can anybody help please ???

patch 8.0.2

tanks in advance .

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by m_hubbard2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by westhamrob:

i need a new left back, looking at either shorey or lescott suggestions?

Try Lee Wallace, he's a 19 year old scot, signed him for 2.5 mill, can't remember who from though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lee Wallace is a Hearts player and Scotland U-21 international in case you don't have Scotland loaded up.

I am a Hearts fan myself but will be playing as West Ham in an online EPL game with my friends which is why I signed up here.

I am looking for advice on which players to sell from my West Ham squad and if possible an idea of which teams buy the players and the transfer fees they command.

As a thank you I would advise you to to scout the following players in Scotland.

Hearts - Wallace (LB), Berra (DC), Kingston (MF), Pinilla (ST) and youngsters Copil, Rapnik, Kostadinov, Templeton & Glen.

Hibs - Fletcher & Stevenson

Dundee - McDonald

Hamilton - McCarthy

Celtic - Cuthbert, McGeady & Brown

Rangers - Naismith & Fleck

Cheers.

Sell these players:

Walker = 400k

Boa Morta = offer him to clubs i was unable to sell him

Quashie = offer to clubs again i was unable to sell him

Cole has been on fire for me in my 2nd season his got 24 goals in 25 games he scored 6 goals against chelsea also spector has done well in the 2nd season been rotating the back 4 due to to many yellows.

I would bring in anouther left back and anouther midfield player i got Jermey Menez from AS Monaco FC for £12.5m he can play ML MC MR so his pretty good cover and his only 20 so has potential at the moment Liverpool, FC Bayern, Roma , Inter and Juve are after him.

After the 1st season i would look at more cover for the MR position incase Faubert gets injured

Originally posted by diegowong:

Just started a new game on the patch.

patchtransfersseason1.jpg

season1team.jpg

not doing too bad i think. but getting plenty of draws.

Are you mad u sold Noble his like our best player god his stats are brill in 8.0.2 after a season his worth £7.5M and has 2 England caps scoring a goal on his debut.

Ok ive done 2 seasons playing as West Ham here are the transfers i made during the 1st season

s1transfersxq3.png

Heres the Prem table at the end of the season

s1tableyc1.png

As you can see the team done well and achieved a champions league spot for the next season

Season 2 transfers

s2transfersar6.png

Current Prem table

s2tablecurrentsj8.png

Im doing pretty well and hopefully i will either end top or 2nd Carlton Cole has worked wonders this season his on 25 goals from 31 games, Bellamys got injured during the first half of the season and has failed gain a first team spot having only played 6 full games this season scoring 6 goals. Dean Ashton hasnt got a first team spot either having just played 7 full games scroing 5 goals. My new striker Lopez didnt impress me when i first signed him but i think its down to the fact he wasnt settled in yet he has started to play his had 6 games scroing 9 goals.

Started my online game last night as West Ham.

So far I have sold Walker for £350k and signed Krancjar from Portsmouth for £4.5m plus Etherington. I have put Bowyer, Collins & Wright up for sale but not had ANY interest even at reduced prices.

I have also done remarkably well in bringing in youth players. Fleck, Moses, Saivet, Piatti, Sakho & Benzerga amongst a few Hearts players have all signed on.

I had planned on using Piatti as a left winger, but in my two pre-season games my assistant has used 15 year old Fleck and he has scored a goal a game! Does the Premiership rules allow a 15 year old to play in the first team?

The only gripe last night was that Ashton has torn his hamstring and will be out for 3 months. Is it best to promote Cole to the first team or buy a big name striker?

Names of decent target men would be appreciated.

Welcome Joe glad your playing as the hammers heres who i would get rid of:

Walker

Quashie

Boa Morte

Players i would try to bring in:

Name: Jeremy Menez

Posistion: MR MC ML

you can get him for around £12M at the start of the game from AS Monoaco FC dont pay it all upfront spread the payments out over 24 months he turns out to be a class midfielder his got a PA of 180

Name: Jeremy Bethod

Position: DL

You can pick him up for around £5M from AS Monoaco FC he will be good cover for George McCartney

PLayers i would suggest for the 2nd season:

Name: Jacques Faty

Position: DR DC

Age 23

You should be able to get him for around £10M from olymique De Marseille

Name: Thiago Motta

Position: DM MC

His an ok DM to replace Mullins you should get him for around £5M from At. Madrid

Opps spelt some ones name wrong it should be Jeremy Berthod

Freddie Sears hasnt done well in my game his PA is only 130 and Tomkins isnt brillant either his PA is only 132.

Keep an eye on Jordan Spence he looks like he has some talents his PA is 150 and his stats are looking good 3 seasons in.

Also dont sell Mark Noble his a class playing using the 8.0.2 patch Man U have been chasing him for the last 2 season on my game

In my game (as Newcastle), they jumped straight to the top of the league for the first quarter or so of the season with the help of Rodrigo Palacio and Dean Ashton. I think they finished 6th. Gutted that I didn't chase Ashton this time, as I usually do. Robert Green is darn tootin' good, too.

Definitely my next choice once I'm bored of my current game :p

Just finished first season as the Hammers, finished 5th, just missed out on CL on goal difference to Liverpool, Torres is an animal!

Got there with help from new signings, Wijnaldum, Fleck, Sirl (decent left back) but mainly Aaritalo, 22 League goals. He cost me £300k and Man City offered £18m at the end of the season.

Have Piatti signed for new season, have a further £23m to spend...any recommendations?

despite being a massive west ham fan can never think of a succesful season i have ever had with the hammers!

on patch 8.0.1 decided 2 start a new west ham season mainly down to my current dissapointment of how boring we had been playing of late! so closest i can get 2 sorting things out!!!

Main summer signings:

Bonaventure Kalou (free)

Christopher Samba (1.7 million)

Jimmy Briand (12 million)

Gonzalo Pineda (3 million)

Pablo Piatti (130 k)

Derek Boateng (600k)

this went on to be probably my greatest ever achievement in FM!!!

final league standings:

1. WEST HAM UNITED! won 26 draw 11 lost 1 = 89

2. Manchester united won 28 draw 4 lost 6 = 88

3. Arsenal = 86 points

4. Chelsea = 81 points

(Only defeat in league against Man City)

Carling cup = WINNERS!

knocking out Man Utd

Man City in semis

Final vs Arsenal

whufc 3-1 arsenal

goals: Pineda, Ljungberg, Ashton

Key Players:

Ashton - played 45 scored 28 assists 9

Noble - played 35 scored 7 assists 15

Briand - played 23 scored 13 assists 4

Ferdinand - played 44 scored 10!! assists 4

will keep updated with 2nd season situation

hi you will all hate me for doing this but i was looking on here because i was starting a west ham game and ive seen the screenshots of the premier league table of where your wetham side are and i can see that you have the real crests for the premier league teams howdo you get those and sorry for people ive annoyed by putting it in this thread didnt no where to put it.

I have my next online game on Monday night and have a budget of just over £10m left.

Ashton is out for 3 months so was hoping that I can get some advice on what striker is the best buy for this sort of cash - heard Palacio, Briand & Huntelaar are all good, but will £10m get them?

I currently have Zamora, Cole & Camara fit but was thinking of sending Camara back to Wigan to use his wages towards a permanent player - is this a good idea or not?

I suppose that I can put my Hearts experience to good use and sign Billy Sharp from Sheff Utd (had him on loan for 6 months and he scored loads) for about £4m. Has anyone tried him in the Premiership for West Ham?

Cheers.

Originally posted by Jamie543:

Welcome Joe glad your playing as the hammers heres who i would get rid of:

Walker

Quashie

Boa Morte

Players i would try to bring in:

Thanks for the help

Transfer listed players:

Walker

Wright

Mccartny

Pantsil

Quashine

Bowyer

Cole

If i wasn't expected to be challenging for the title in 3 years at least half of those players would'nt be on the transfer list.

Desparately need: GK,LB,CM,RM,ST

Name: Jeremy Menez

Posistion: MR MC ML

you can get him for around £12M at the start of the game from AS Monoaco FC dont pay it all upfront spread the payments out over 24 months he turns out to be a class midfielder his got a PA of 180

Name: Jeremy Bethod

Position: DL

You can pick him up for around £5M from AS Monoaco FC he will be good cover for George McCartney

PLayers i would suggest for the 2nd season:

Name: Jacques Faty

Position: DR DC

Age 23

You should be able to get him for around £10M from olymique De Marseille

Name: Thiago Motta

Position: DM MC

His an ok DM to replace Mullins you should get him for around £5M from At. Madrid

Hey guys,

I'm using WHU as well, right now in my fourth season. Sadly, Ashton did not sign back with me in my second season, but i managed to get Sobis for 28mil. Turned out to be awesome as he scored 31 goals in the EPL. I managed to win the EPL by 2 points last season.

Anyway, how did you some of you guys manage to get Dos santos in 2009??

@ joe seddon

i wouldnt get rid of these players straight away

Wright

Mccartny

Pantsil

Cole

As you will un balance the squad plus Wright has only just arrived at West Ham so no chance of him going quite yet. McCartney is our only true left back and has done well for us this season irl he has been getting an average rating of around 7.10 per season on my game

My online game took us up to the start of the season, so next Monday will see me start the season with two tough away games to Everton then Chelsea.

Still wheeling and dealing in the transfer market and have £9.5m left in the budget. Got bids in for Kardec & Lulinha and stumbled across some Slovakian midfielder playing for Rosenberg worth £1.5m who seems to have top stats - will let you know his name when I boot up the game tonight and track him down.

Also managed to get the board to use Brentford as a feeder club so the young foreign talent will be shortly shipped out to see how they cope with League 2 cloggers trying to take them out!

Still had NO offers for any players - is this normal in 8.0.2?

@ sixteenfiveninetyeight

Ive not had to much trouble in my 3rd season ive sold James collins for £3.2M to Middlesbrough Mathew Etherington £3.5M to Sunderland Dean Ashton £5.5M to Newcastle giving me around £12M which i thought was good.

Mind you ive spent to much this season £42M things are gonna be tight next season

Im in need of some advice i need to know which areas of my squad need to be improved on heres my starting line up

GK: Robert Green

RB: Lucas Neill (getting ready to replace as his 31 years old)

DC: Anton Ferdinand

DC: Jacques Faty

LB: George McCartney

DMC: Thiago Motta

MR: Julien Faubert

MC: Mark Noble

MC: Scott Parker

FC: Christian Benitez

S1: Diego

S2: Matthew Upson

S3: Johathan Spector

S4: Ramon

S5: Guilano

S6: Carlton Cole

S7: Henri Saivet

Ive also got these players:

Lucas Trecarichi (AMLC) 18 Years old

Andreas Ivanschitz (ML) 26 Years old

Ikechutwu Uche (FC) 26 Years old

Pedro Lopez: (DR) 26 Years old

Lisandro Lopez (FC) 26 Years old

Jeremy Bethod (DL) 25 Years old

I have managed to sign the following players for my online game...

Saivet

Moses

Kranjcar

Sakho

Piatti

Saez

Hora

Benzerga

Copil

McGowan

Kostadinov

Rapnik

Cathcart

Fleck

Got the board to appoint Brentford as an affiliate so was thinking of sending a few out on loan. Anyone know which of these players are best loaned out or played for the reserves or U-18's in order to fast track them into the first team?

nice you managed to Saivet his played quality for me his still on a learning curse though im playing him either down the right or left midfield to support my lone striker his got 9 goals in that role so his looking decent his ca on my game is at 137 and improving everytime i play him. Min you i didnt sign Saivet till the 3rd season his 19 years old id keep him and play him in a few games as he will only improve

Just started a new game yesterday and thought i'd contribute to the forum;

Transfers In:

Victor Moses and Preston Edwards for the youth team,

Manuel Da Costa, Psv, 3.8 mill

Mauro Zarate, Al-Sadd, 3.1 mill

Atiba Hutchinson, FC Kobenhavn, 1.4 mill

Rhoys Wiggins, Palace, 375k

Toni Kroos, Werder Bremen, Sadly only on loan

Erkan Zengin, Hammarby, 575k

Marcin Wasilewski, Anderlecht, 1.2m

Transfers out;

Include Mullins, McCarthy, Spector among others. Came to around 5.5m

Future;

In January have Michael Johnson in for around 4.4 mill. Anyone had any luck with him? Also selling Boa in January for 3.4 mill. It's so low as he has only been playing reserve football and wasn't worth much more then that.

Doing OK. 9th with 15 games gone. If it was just on home form i would be 3rd. Away form had been dreadful. Craig Bellamy has been the top player so far by a distance. Top scorer, assister and top average rating for my team, including two hattricks. Av Rat is 7.38. Second is D Ashton with 7.15. Plays great as a target man. A definate must-keep. Also scored on his England debut.

Any comments/ compliments/ complants/ whatever would be greatly appreciated..

(On patch 8.0)

Thanks...

@ GWEBSTR2

Nice 1 on signing Johson his ace. ive sold ashton on for £5.5M to newcastle in 2010 as he wasnt getting any games ( i had to many strikers and i only play 1 up front and he moaned to much). I still have spector only for merchandise sales really as i go on tours of america plus his been good cover for me

Completed season 3 with West Ham finshed 2nd teams formed diped during the last 5 games.

Started season 4 players ive brought:

Vanden Borre = £7.5M DR

Gael Etock = Free FC

Omar Esparza = £12.5M

Lukas Podolski = £15M

I have removed the captains arm banned from Lucas Neill as he no longer fits into my first team plans i have appointed Jacques Faty as captain and Anton Ferdinand as vice captain.

I have 6 of the orignal squad still sitting in the first team but rarely used other then Mark Noble and Scott Parker and Anton Ferdinand

Just come through season 1 January Transfer window;

Ins;

Michael Johnson, Man City, 4.4m

Jermain Defoe, Spurs, 4.3m

Martin Skrtel, Schalke, 5m

Hatem Ben Arfa, Lyon, Loan

Outs;

D Gabbidon, Celtic, 7.5m

B Zamora, wigan, 3.2m

Boa Morte, Parma, 3.4m

Also Pantsil and Bowyer for aroun 2mill, cant remember where.

Bringing back Defoe has paid off, scored 5 league goals in Feb. Michael Johnson got Y player of the month for Jan, doing well, keeping out Dyer. He's also scored about three. Skrtel is OK. Stats aren't amazing at the moment but could improve. Haven't seen much of Ben Arfa. And somehow sold Gabbidon for 7.5m when all he was playing was reserve football for the the first half of the season and was only worth 1.9m!

Still around mid table, 11th, 10th. Need to improve if i am to live up to expectations, a top half finish.

Now i have alot of competetion up front with Ashton, Bellamy, C Cole, Defoe and Zarate. All have decent records this season.

@ GWEBSTR2

Great going on the sales you have made wish i could sell some of the dead wood like that. Next season bring in a young right back as Neill will need replacing at around the 3/4 season and you might have to grom a player to that role

Archived