I'm no math major but these "odds" seem fishy?

Lupin, I think I may have miss read it when i was scanning the forums this morning. Anyway glad i was of some help converting the odds. If you want to do it again at some point in time then quick was to convert is is take the last number in the fraction. 4-1 then take the last number (in this case 1) 1 then add the numbers in the factions together 4+1= 5 and divied that by the number taken from the end of the fraction.

1/(4+1) = you're %

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2. (Using the FM10 formation simple options...) counter is not the best strategy to use when you are the better team if you are one goal up. Use standard play, you want to restrict your opponent as much as possible while still looking for opportunities to finish off the game, rather than lumping the ball up the field on a counter and repeatedly losing possession.

yes. i only use counter when i am playing a really good offensive team ... or when i am up by more than one goal against a fair to good team with plenty of time to play ... along with some 'retain' possession' ... defend and contain are for the last 20 or 10 minutes with a slim lead ... overload is for desperate situations ... attacking is for when you are down and need to come back ... or against a team you are pretty safely better than and you really want to lay one on .. control is for a team you are probably better than and want to press but not to the point of stupidity ... i get it ... again ... not that complicated ...

and for the record with the right other 'touchline' instructions or alterations "counter" doesn't just have to be 'hoofing' it up the field to counter ... you can counter by absorbing pressure and countering with possession and thru passes ... or so it seemed to me ....

Ok, I'll try. Are you familiar with what does and does not go into the game engine?

Oh, look, I won!

yes. because by that i meant i had no idea at all of the possible and logical things that might be taken into consideration in the game engine's calculation and not, rather ... that i did not have a detailed list of how each and every possible factor was used mathematically in the game engine and which stats were used in which exact ways ...

what i am saying is i have not talked to or read any work by a programmer or a developer that tells me how a LF rating of very strong (or 17 out of 20) gets plugged into the game engine mathematically and how and when and to what extent it might factor into the game play ... but i imagine ... since the took the time to put it in the game for you player to have as part of his info .. that it might factor in some how ... and you probably don't want to put a left footed player as a right winger if you are looking to use a strategy that sees them cross balls in from the wing ... and that you better know which foot your players are if your going to set up your corners and free kicks to be either in swingers or out swingers depending on how good the keeper you are facing is at Ariel and Command ...

Why is it that a reasonable thread cannot be discussed without degenerating into personal abuse on all sides? If you disagree with an opinion state the reason for your thoughts but without resorting to personal abuse to anyone with an opposite opinion. I could easily give about half a dozen infractions for some of the posts in this thread. To stop further problems I will close this now but say to all that everyone should learn to post constructively without sinking to pesonal levels.

Archived