[FM2007] San Marino "double" Challenge

Ter

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I´m playing too, but actually without much spare time... Despite of that we got promoted to Serie A and 6 six gmaes into the league we manage to hold in the midfield. Last game was a 5-5 draw against Juventus, I can send you the pkm per mail if you want... My team is basically the same as the last years, still got Dahm, Smith and San Marino´s own Dall´Olmo and Zanotti in starting 11. natinal Team does good, but doesn´t really advance. I recently found a player at Inter Reserves, but certainly no wonderkid.

Well I played around half them when I started the game around February/March, got back into it a month ago so it didn't feel too bad. Was getting frustrating losing in the playoffs for 4 years in a row, had to win the league to get promoted really.

Hopefully I can get to Serie A quicker, but its hard to tell how we'll do in Serie B at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Just won promotion to Serie A icon_cool.gif

11 seasons in Serie C1, 1 in Serie B.

We've £1.4m in debt with a 7000 capacity stadium, hopefully we'll get enough TV money to sort that out and help out with the transfer and wage budget.

Anyone know what sort of money I will probably get?

We're moving into a new stadium in 2 years time, 'San Marino Stadium' like a few of you have had.

Its insane though that they've taken out a £13m loan for it yet I've got a transfer budget of £30k. We're in Serie A after 2 consecutive promotions, we need a good budget icon_mad.gif

• 3 weeks later...

We survived in Serie A, finished the season quite well beating 3 teams in a row, 2 of them being top teams (Roma and Inter). There's talk of a supporters group thing taking over the club, after only 3 years since the last takeover, and its not as the chairman wanted to leave. We're in debt though and only got £50k for a final league position.

Hopefully the new sponsor and TV money will be a lot more, and the takeover invests some money, though I doubt that will be much.

After reading this thread, I decided to start a game with San Marino.

Managed to buy a few decent youngsters in the first season from France and Poland and finished 3rd and lost in the play off semi.

2nd season managed to finish 2nd and got promoted to Serie B.

However my star defender has decided he wont sign a new contract and wants to leave the club, with only 1 year left on his contract I managed to sell him for 950K plus 50% of future transfer.

Its going to be a tough season I feel

• 2 weeks later...

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4920/europeanchampionshipquaoj7.png

They were so close icon_frown.gif They lost the last two games. Their manager still hasn't left, should retire in the next few seasons.

As for my club side, we're about 6th in Serie A, so comfortable and with a slight chance of Europe if we can keep it up.

We need the new stadium, only 7 months until we move in, as 7000 capacity is being filled, but the lowest average attendence is still just under 14000, which is higher than the capacity of our new stadium.

Finished 7th in our 2nd Serie A season, so should now be in the UEFA Cup, if not Intertoto at least.

Moving to our new stadium in June, should generate a lot more income next season \o/

The Charlton job came up last season, will be the only club I will leave for, but it seems I wasn't well known enough in England icon_frown.gif does mean I can continue this challenge though. Hopefully we'll get our youth academy back after it was closed down to save money.

Finally got the national team job, got the end of June and thought I'd check to see if their manager had a retirement date, and realised he had already gone.

Luckily had a save from the end of May, after the season had finished, so checked the date he was retiring on, got to that and applied for the job. They offered me the job, sorted out the staff, with most of them already working for me at the club.

Most of the players in the squad play for me or have done in the past. There doesn't seem to be any good players in the u19s or u21s, though I've got some scouts reporting back in case one or two have potential.

Doing well at that moment, although strikers keep getting injured icon_frown.gif

We qualified for the group stage of the UEFA Cup, beat PSV 4-0

We're also filling the stadium every home game (well close to capacity), making a lot more from ticket sales and season tickets now.

Got some good signings in after selling a 19 year old Norwegian striker I signed in January on a free for £10m. He did ok but I could replace him easily enough. With that money I signed a replacement, a new left winger to replace a loan signing that did well last season (but didn't manage to sign), a new right back, a promising Brazillian left back, commonly known as Carlos ('potential to be a leading Serie A left back, the scout reports said) and good DC/DM. Add to that a couple more signings and the squad is quite strong now icon_cool.gif

Finished 6th in my first season, behind playoff spot on results between teams. Gutted but determined. Although have no cash for transfers and loosing money every month it seems.

Tommy Hoiland looks as though he has been my best signing. Managed to pick him up for 5K and now loads of teams are in for him.

Well i had kinda lost interest in FM again for the second time with this current version, so i decided to have a little go at this challenge.

So anyways, so far i'm just coming up to my first league game with a so-so pre-season, using a 5-2-3 formation. Played well in the Serie C Cup group with a 1-1 vs Pisa, 0-2 L vs Ancona, 4-0 W vs pistoiese and a 3-0 W vs Prato. It put me second in the group which wasnt too bad i guess.

Signings so far have been:

Aitor Fresan (Tudelano) £65k

Davide Giubilato (Napoli) £3k

Ismael Ehui (Fulham) £20k

Gianfranco Nardi (Free)

Jan Budtz (Doncaster) £1k

The most impressive so far being Ehui due to the fact that after settling in, bagged 5 goals in his first 4 games in the cup.

Anyways, if anyone is interested to know how things go, will keep posted

YNWA

Started this challenge again as i fancied having a larger database to play about with, so started with England, Italy, Spain, France, Scotland, Portugal, Belgium, Holland, Turkey and Germany running. ALong with retaining players from around 2/3 of the other countries. Thinking this would open up a larger amount of players for me to help gain promotion.

Anyways, i've currently played 21 league games and im sitting in 9th position with 29pts and a goal difference of +4.

Transfers this season have seen me bring in 10 new faces to the club:

Silvio (ST) FREE

Diego Sciacca (D/WB) FREE

Robson Nese (WB/AM) FREE

Martin Herrera (GK) FREE

Kurt Van De Paar (AM) FREE

Cassiano (D) FREE

Tommy Hoiland (ST) £22k

Gianfranco Nardi (AM) FREE

Ludovic Guerriero (DM) £30k

Mario Garcia (D/M) £40k

I released a load of the youngsters as they were pants, and i also sold

Alberto Villa for £14k

Diego Sciacca for £2k

The club is leaking money but im hoping a decent final league position might see me maybe get into the playoffs and gain some extra money. Have gone on a good run recently with 11 games unbeaten, however a lot of those have been draws, so it's just trying to get my strikers firing on all cylinders.

Will report back at the end of the season...

Yeah I found there was nothing I could do about the finances, my financial control stat is 1 icon_biggrin.gif

Now that we're in Serie A with a bigger stadium, gate receipts, merchandising and TV revenue is a lot higher, as well as being able to sell players for a lot more.

excellent, well that's gotta be the aim then icon_biggrin.gif

I've had the board inject an extra £150k to help with the running, but still find myself around about £350k in the red.

i still can't seem to get my strikers scoring goals though, which is becoming a pain as points are sometimes slipping away as i can't seem to finish off some teams.

So what tactics did you use Scoham? Im playing a 442 with no farrows, slightly direct and quick passing. Not given many individual instructions as i dont want to over complicate the team with the players being of such a poor standard, with my main problem being my strikers as i stated

Just reached the playoffs in the second season, Hoiland has been really impressive along with a couple of youngsters. Finances are terrible still, about 600K in the red constantly despite the board injected about 220K every few months.

Praying i am able to get through the playoffs. Does playing in the Serie B provide a greater cash windfull and rep increase?

A simple 4-4-2 with arrows on the MR and ML to AMR and AML. Most individual instructions are mixed, except the wingers run with the ball often, longs shots rarely for everyone and a few other small things. Direct seems to be the way to go, I found it hard to find good strikers (some of them had good attributes but weren't consistent) but just keep looking around.

Scouts were very important, its great when you can scout anywhere in Europe as there are usually useful players in countries like France and Holland, especially when their contracts are expiring.

I was only in Serie B for a season, after about 12 seasons in Serie C1, so I can't really remember. I'm sure there was some increases though.

Just got my first win as the manager of the national team, we beat Wales 3-1. We've got 5 points from 6 games and still have to played Malta twice, so we should get points in double figures which is decent. Looking to finish 4th in a group of 7 I think. With there's 6 games left so anything could happen.

As for the club side there's about 7 games left with an outside chance of a Champions League place, UEFA Cup more likely.

well i've just finished my debut season as San Marino and it turned out to be a decent season. With the pre-season prediction of a 14th place finish, my squad battled through the season and finished in a highly respectable 9th place.

A final point tally of 52pts seen me 7pts behind a play-off place and 18pts behind Perugia who went on to win the league.

WON(13) DRN(13) LST(8) FOR(51) AG(36) G.D(+15)

All in all not too bad. After a dissapointing start to the season where after 10 games i had lost 6 and won 2, i played around a little more with my tactic and went on a 14 game unbeaten run, but only lost 2 more games until the end of the season.

My signing of the season had to be Tommy Hoiland who went on to top the club scoring charts with 12 goals in 29 games.

Also just running up towards the end of the season i cancelled my affiliation with Cesena and struck a new deal with Bologna, which is a plus as i get a yearly fee for this affiliation, and hopefully better players too.

Roll on season number 2...

I'm doing this as well, taken a bit of a different approach though as I'm aiming to convert the squad to completely Sammarinese players, taking a little time but there seems to be a bit of quality about in small dosesicon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm doing this as well, taken a bit of a different approach though as I'm aiming to convert the squad to completely Sammarinese players, taking a little time but there seems to be a bit of quality about in small doses </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck with that! Have attempted to bring in some san marinese players but most are really terrible. Got one youth prospect that looks as though he could be a decent player.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Got one youth prospect that looks as though he could be a decent player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luca Del Prete? Was decent when he was young for me then never really improved.

Just finished my second season and have been promoted via the playoffs after beating pro patria in the playoffs. Pleases with the sqaud and just lacked consistancy. have brought in about 6 free transfers in the close season, ainly sue to having £0 to spend.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/jamesf18/Leaguetable.jpg[/img]]League

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Luca Del Prete? Was decent when he was young for me then never really improved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah thats the lad. Was hoping for soomething big from him. Signed a San Maranese Centre back last season as well who developed enough to earn a starting place in the team. Even had a few Seria A teams come sniffing. He signed from the san maranese team Cailungo. Been trying to scour these teams for any future hopefuls but he is the only success so far. I wonder if he was a fluke or if these clubs do actually churn out some decent players?

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/jamesf18/Musemeci.jpg[/img]]Musemeci

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just finished my second season and have been promoted via the playoffs after beating pro patria in the playoffs. Pleases with the sqaud and just lacked consistancy. have brought in about 6 free transfers in the close season, ainly sue to having £0 to spend.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/jamesf18/Leaguetable.jpg[/img]]League

quote:

Luca Del Prete? Was decent when he was young for me then never really improved.

Yeah thats the lad. Was hoping for soomething big from him. Signed a San Maranese Centre back last season as well who developed enough to earn a starting place in the team. Even had a few Seria A teams come sniffing. He signed from the san maranese team Cailungo. Been trying to scour these teams for any future hopefuls but he is the only success so far. I wonder if he was a fluke or if these clubs do actually churn out some decent players?

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/jamesf18/Musemeci.jpg[/img]]Musemeci </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, bad links

League

Musemeci

Well there are some San Marinese players that start on free transfers, on my game they turned out to be good players. Michele Bonifazi is my captain and centre back, Alex Bugli also turned out to be a good defender.

There's also a few good regens, one is the star of the national team and plays for Chelsea, I've got a good young striker through my youth team and signed a few others from clubs in San Marino (which are important players for me now, even in Serie A and the UEFA Cup).

Well the start of the second season has just started.

To start with the club offered me a new 2 year contract which i happily accepted, but then the bombshell was dropped that my transfer budget was a healthy £0 and my wage budget has been dropped to £18k per week, so i had to sell some of my higher earners and the other dead wood.

Transfers out:

Davide Faieta (Rende) FREE

Richard J B Delgado (Pizzighettone) £1k

Matteo Nevicati (Sanremese) £1k

Emiliano Dei (Released)

Alessandro Turchetta (Crotone) £20k

Michele Florindo (Como) £6k

Tommaso Merola (Russi) £1k

Luca Ferrari (Morro d'Oro) £1k

Robson Nese (Como) £2k

Luca Ceccarelli (Lucchese) £18k

Davide Tedoldi (Montevarchi) £8k

Nicola Napolitano (Potenza) £20k

Cassiano (Frosinone) £8k

So there was a couple who went out, but i also brought in some fresh faces:

Gregory Bettiol (Lyon) FREE

Fernando Martinuzzi (D. Municipal) FREE

Cem Acar (Frankfurt) FREE

Diego Markic (Pisa) FREE

Alex Bugli (No Club) FREE

Michele Bonifazi (Cailungo) FREE

Omar Mussa (RC Mechelen) FREE

Alex Fernandez (Levante) £20k

Francesco Clemente (Bologna) LOAN

Stefano Chimenti (Bologna) LOAN

Lamberto Zauli (Bologna) LOAN

So with the new players out and the new players in, i managed to come just under my new wage budget which was also quite pleasing especially considering the club is £300k+ in debt at the moment.

Had a fairly decent pre season, mostly playing bigger teams than myself:

San Marino 1-1 Lecce

San Marino 0-1 Napoli

Catanzaro 0-3 San Marino

San Marino 0-2 Bologna Reserves

San Marino 0-1 Espanyol

Currently played the Serie C cup in which i finished second in my group for the second season running. The games were as follows:

San Marino 0-1 Fano

San Marino 4-1 Carrarese

San Marino 1-1 Massese

San Marino 5-0 Imperia

And also played 2 league games:

Taranto 2-1 San Marino

San Marino 4-2 Frosinone

The Taranto match was quite dissapointing as they scored a winner in the 92nd minute which reeked of off-side-ness and the FA remained silent when i criticised the decision, but it was nice to get a 4-2 win over the team rated to come 3rd overall.

Top scorers so far look like this:

Tommy Hoiland 6 games 5 goals

Alex Fernandez 3 games 4 goals

Giovanni Abate 5 games 3 goals

with a few other players chipping in with a goal here and there.

Anyways with a pre season prediction of 11th place, im hoping the new players could push us higher into the echelons of a play-off place. Here's for hoping....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Alex Bugli (No Club) FREE

Michele Bonifazi (Cailungo) FREE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are they any good on your game? Bonifazi is coming towards the end of his career for me and losing his pace, Bugli was decent while I had him.

Bonifazi is a legend for me though, had him for a few years, couldn't get promoted. Eventually he wouldn't sign a new contract and left for Serie A. Hardly played, and a few years later we were in Serie A ourselves.

So I signed him on loan, he ended up becoming a regular again and captained the side. His contract then ended and I re-signed him on a free.

I've got some new young centre backs coming in to give him some backup and competition, but the main problem will be finding someone who is a good and consistent performer while being captain when he is eventually not good enough.

It looks like he's going to be a coach when he retires as well icon_cool.gif Hopefully a good one.

The ground is being expanded to around 18700, we're getting new youth facilities (after closing the old ones down) and the clubs reputation is now continental icon_cool.gif

I'll have to sell players if I want a decent transfer budget however icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Alex Bugli (No Club) FREE

Michele Bonifazi (Cailungo) FREE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are they any good on your game? Bonifazi is coming towards the end of his career for me and losing his pace, Bugli was decent while I had him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't look anything special currently on mine, but am hoping in a year or 2 they may be knocking on the door to get a place in the squad

Finished my second season and it was a 5th place finish for the mighty San Marino on 55pts, 7pts from the top. So it was onto the play-offs.

The Semi final had drawn me against Frosinone who had finished in second place. I had good fortunes during the league campaign against them with a 4-2 win and a 3-3 draw. So onto the Semi first leg at home.

The game played out with my San Marino team domination possession with an overall of 59% to 41%. The game, despite the possession was a closely contested affair, with my winger Gianfranco Nardi popping up in the 90th minute to gain me the upper hand with a 1-0 win.

The second leg played away from home was a little more even in terms of both possession and shots. Frosinone took the lead on 7 minutes to level the tie at 1-1 on agg. But straight from the kick-off, straight down the other end of the pitch, and Giovanni Abate popped up and scored to put me 2-1 up and held on to put San Marino into the final.

The final against Sambenedettese played out very much like the semi final with a 1-0 win at home courtesy of Tommy Hoiland. And the second leg was a 1-1 draw, running similar again with them taking the lead on 7 minutes and Gainfranco Nardi equalising with a pen on the 64th minute to win me the final, and promotion to Serie B.

My 2 main strikers for the season, Tommy Hoiland and Alex Fernandez both had excellent seasons. Fernandez finished the season with 25 goals in 36 appearances and also won Italian Serie C player of the year. And Hoiland finished with 22 goals in 39 appearances. And now both have a value of £1m - not bad considering i bought them both for under £45k!

The clubs finances are the best the've been since early in season 1 at -£216,178 but am hopeful for the first season in Serie B that this coule be rectified with bigger incomes and such.

Anyways, on to Serie B we go...

SCOHAM - on a side note, any chance you could upload your San Marino tactic for me as my team went a bit tosh towards the end of last season. If you can either upload it, or would rather email it then i will give you my email addy to send it through to. Cheers matey

As I haven't signed any players from the San Marino league clubs, I sent my coaches to give a report on every single player from each club.

I'm now signing about 30 players from the league, any with even a bit of ability or potential (nearly any with a 2 star scout rating or more icon_biggrin.gif). Hopefully turning professional and working with better coaches and facilities (although mine are only described as average) will help. I'll be sending a lot of them out on loan if I can, mainly to my feeder club in Serie C2 and Bury in League One. I've got quite a few other feeder clubs, but not in playable leagues.

Should hopefully help with the national side, and if any are good enough for Serie A it would be a big bonus.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

Should have said I haven't signed any in years.

I'll try and sort out the tactic when I get a chance, is the email in your profile the correct one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh the one in my profile is the correct email dude

cheers in advance icon14.gif

Done.

Its really just a simple tactic, I've found players that do well are physically good, good in other areas but have some big weaknessses. For example my defenders don't all have good positioning, strikers don't all have good off the ball or composure, midfielders might not have good technique etc.

Their physical side seems to make up for it, and only the top players are all round with few weaknesses.

As I haven't signed any players from the San Marino league clubs, I sent my coaches to give a report on every single player from each club.

I'm now signing about 30 players from the league, any with even a bit of ability or potential (nearly any with a 2 star scout rating or more icon_biggrin.gif). Hopefully turning professional and working with better coaches and facilities (although mine are only described as average) will help. I'll be sending a lot of them out on loan if I can, mainly to my feeder club in Serie C2 and Bury in League One. I've got quite a few other feeder clubs, but not in playable leagues.

Should hopefully help with the national side, and if any are good enough for Serie A it would be a big bonus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm finding it helps a lot, I've got some decent performers and the national team even wins a game occasionally now.

cheers for sending the tactic Scoham icon14.gif

Well it's quite wierd, but during pre-season for my third season and first venture into Serie B i've just been offered the England job. But am obviously gonna reject it for now as i want to focus on San Marino and then eventually the national team also

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the national team even wins a game occasionally now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We beat Malta 9-1 and 7-0 icon_biggrin.gif They didn't have any real players though. Think we also beat Wales once, and another team, so finished 5th our of 7 which isn't too bad. The better players always seemed to the ones getting injuries.

Just started season number 3, the first season in Serie B. Had a good pre season drawing against sides like FC Kobenhavn and Getafe.

Brought in loads of players to try and help beat the drop. But cant seem to get a GK from anywhere for love nor money...literally due to the £4k transfer budget!

Beat Giulianova 2-1 in Coppa Italia 1st qualifier and now just about to play Spezia in the 2nd qualifier. So here's hoping for another win...

Stadium expansion is complete, 'San Marino Stadium' has a capacity of over 18,000 icon_cool.gif

Hopefully it'll be full every game, we managed to fill over 13,000 every single home match.

Youth facilities are back, but only minimal facilities, with no youth academy icon_frown.gif Can't afford to improve them at the moment either.

We're filling the exanded stadium, and in a home UEFA Cup group match, the gate receipts were £800k, compared to £575k in a UEFA Cup match last season.

After this season there should be even more money coming in from season tickets. It was £9m in the new stadium, £8m or so this year because 2000 seats had to be taken out for the expansion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">jamesf18 - was Musemeci a newgen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Musemeci is a Fred, and is getting better each year. Kepp banging on at my board about stadium expansion but they always remind me of my poor financial state!

Finding life in Serie B difficult. Will be happy with just staying in th league this season.

Archived