Feedback

Please could online players place here their feedback on how the online FM plays post patch 2.

Try the game with all bells and whistles enabled and also the game with some settings, like before, disabled.

Please could online players place here their feedback on how the online FM plays post patch 2.

Try the game with all bells and whistles enabled and also the game with some settings, like before, disabled.

Slightly related is this new issue:

If you are planning on loading a 5.02 game and continuing in 5.03 you may forget it at this point in time if you have the same problem I have.

If you unclick run as server, the old game will load ok, but as soon as you click run as server to network it, it is screwed. icon_eek.gif

I even got one of the clan members in the game right now checking if it is any smoother. We both have all logos etc switched on.

Niall I dunno what you should do mate. Very unlucky if EPL has to start again though. icon_frown.gif

just to help you lot out here the EFB Clan will be playing tonight so Andy will be able to give you better feedback on if the patch has helped or not.

EFB was going so well till the damn game crashed on us!!!! icon_frown.gif

But the speed has improved dramtically. We had six players playing and it was pretty smooth. We had all logos/player pics on the whole lot and it seemed fine. 2d is still a bit jerky at times for me but others said it was very smooth within the clan. We didn't have background changes on but I never do anyway as I prefer the grass. Just wish it didn't crash though half an hour from the end of the session as well!!!!!! icon_mad.gif

The scots game is back up and running. Was dead due to the out of memory error but 5.03 has fixed that.

The game runs as usual tomorrow so I'll be able to give a full update tomorrow night.

A few players seems to be having issues with reguards to running the game with the box run as server ticked, have no issues with that.

Guest sav112

John Paul uploaded a saved game off me and its works, were its does not my end.

so its not the saved game

No server crashes, no stuttering matches, decent lag all around.

Only 3 random crashes from some of the players, but one of them (at least) is related to AntiVirus not being correctly configured.

All-in-all a nice session and quite enjoyable. icon14.gif

The Scots Sunday Clan

we got back on track last night, game went well, lag much improved, 2d engine much improved, one crash, but once I dropped my router everyone dropped out game stayed up saved got everyone back the only thing lost was about 5 mins.

All in all much improved experience, a little slow but to be expected as the games been down for so long.

Spanish tonight, so more feedback on this game, but this was already a working game.

FMELC started finally last night.

12 members all playing together and managed to get through Pre-Season in 1 sessions and with no crashes.

One minor thing though - One of our members retired. Whats wrong there you might ask? well he didnt want to. It retired him from club and the game. Bit of an odd one and the only thing that was dodgy in 4hrs play.

And before anyone says anything, yes he is sure he didnt and no he isnt crazy.

Well,....for FA Challenge, its pretty good actually.

I am hosting and there has been up to 7 players at a time so far. The match highlights are stil a little jerky becuase I'm hjosting, but I can make tactical changes much more easily than before. No other player during sessions has complained about lag.

Of course, it could be something to do with my 2 Meg Broadband (thanks BT) , but there you go.

All in all, I'm happy with what we've got, but of course like everything, it could be improved for the next release.

SDK

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spacecowboy:

Yeah the screen was on waiting and the clock was ticking down then all of a sudden the game locks out and freezes. Two minutes later it refreshes but i was in the manager selection screen and i had resigned icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry but because its you I think its funny, you positive you werent halucinating? icon15.gif

• SI Staff

The Relegation Fighters are still having some lag issues across the board. We have 10 players playing MLS and the host is really suffering despite a well spec'd machine and great connection.

It's definitely better, but even with logos etc.. off its still a huge step down from 03/04

Been hosting EPL for a couple of weeks now and I agree with Aljarov 100%

As host the highlights on a match still has a lot of lag but changing between screens in the game has been improved with the 5.0.5 patch.

I hope this will be fixed for FM2006 as the online part is the only reason I buy the game.

• 2 weeks later...

GQ game started a fresh tonight and had no problems with speed at at all. We had timers turned on and everything. 9 players connected.

Only problem we had was for some reason when one person added a there player in it actually added two of them, however one was uncontrollable and also unremovable. It appears to be just a visual glitch as the 2nd player can't be taken over, removed or even clicked on to see profile stuff. Still seems weird that we have too Sheffield United managers though. Suppose they need all the help they can get eh icon_wink.gif

Archived