*OFFICIAL* FMS 2006 Challenge #2 - We Were One Great by JackSouth

Peacemaker7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Take a former Premiership club (Derby, Sheffield United, Coventry, Barnsley, Oldham, etc) back to the Holy ground and stay there for two seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I have a rule clarification please?

Does "stay there for two seasons" mean avoid relegation once, or avoid relegation twice?

Ta.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funkybradley:

As far as I'm aware you have to stay up for 2 years in a row. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get that bit, but do you have to stay up at the end of the 2nd season?

It goes (for example)

season one: gain promotion from Championship

season two: finish 17th - stay up.

season three: do you have to finish 17th or higher, or does finishing bottom count? Either way, you've "kept the team in the premiership for 2 seasons".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gricehead:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funkybradley:

As far as I'm aware you have to stay up for 2 years in a row. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get that bit, but do you have to stay up at the end of the 2nd season?

It goes (for example)

season one: gain promotion from Championship

season two: finish 17th - stay up.

season three: do you have to finish 17th or higher, or does finishing bottom count? Either way, you've "kept the team in the premiership for 2 seasons". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you finish bottom you haven't keep the team in the premier otherwise you can say as soon as you start the season that you've kept them in the premier all season. FM2006 dosen't allow for mid-season relegations

News Item

Your team have all been found to be cheating by reloading the game after every loss and have been relegated from the premier league immediately !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ell and Back:

Could I have something clearing up too Jack, if a team is relegated from the Premiership are they then eligable for stage one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes

great clubs, crap country

Romania fits the description. the national side is good, can be great. Lots of potential. Great young stars, good veterans and a few world class players like Chivu and Mutu.

Fun country to guide to World Cup, and qualify even undefeated. I was the first English manager to bring the World Cup to Romania.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris R:

great clubs, crap country

Romania fits the description. the national side is good, can be great. Lots of potential. Great young stars, good veterans and a few world class players like Chivu and Mutu.

I think this has ended up in completely the wrong thread - I know you Yanks aren't well known for your sense of direction (especially whose troops to shoot) but could you at least read what the thread is about before posting

Fun country to guide to World Cup, and qualify even undefeated. I was the first English manager to bring the World Cup to Romania. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">*A stage can only be counted as complete if you were managing the club at the start of the season (no club jumping in May!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have come to an interesting cross road in my game. It is October and I have been offered a job at another eligable team for stage one. If I managed to take them up this year, would it be counted as part of stage one complete? I'm guessing by what that says then it wouldn't be, but I thought I best check before I accept or decline the offer.

Ell and Back i going to accept your request. I place this rule in place to stop challengers taking up jobs at clubs that had nearly qualified and then claiming they were one step closer to completing a challenge.

As you are in October though i will allow you to change club.

As this will probably lead to other request i'm placing the following rule in place

If you move clubs after 31st december and then get promoted you must leave that club and find another eligible club for that stage.

• 2 weeks later...

A corrupt game has been my downfall. icon_frown.gif

Finished 12th in the first season with Wimbldeon then jumped to Leicester City in October the next season - left the Dons in 18th place.

Finished 10th with Leicester thanks to Luque who cost me near £8M but was well worth it.

I had got the Mexico job in the summer after the 2002 WC, the crash occured after the group games in the Copa America and after three crashes at the same point I called it a day.

However I will be starting up another attempt possibly on FM2006 and with my beloved Leeds. icon_smile.gif

This thread is a bit dead icon_frown.gif

I'm still persevering with my effort with Sheffield United, but to be honest writing it up is becoming a bit of a pain. I find myself avoiding it and looking for other stuff to do, like random surfing. Reminds me of Uni coursework icon_frown.gif

I need to be in a good writing mood to go into the Wolves story. I can pretty much do the Druids story without thinking too much, but because I want the other one to be something special, it's hard to focus on it.

I'm keeping mine going, but it's going slow, due to the fact that I write the story as I play.

And for the past few weeks it's been a hell of a problem to find new angles to work from. I'll get there, never fear icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nadessico:

as mentioned in my post due to a crappy bug in the harchester patch my saved games are screwed, so i'm having to drop out of the challenge icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear that Nadessico

Well one out, one in

Welcome Mark Snellink

is it possible for me to start this challenge in 2009/10 season. I was Dundee United manager, and left after 08/09 season, and Bradford job has become available. Can I start with them and call it my challenge attempt?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Looking ahead, can I jump to my next club after its mathematically certain I've stayed up next season or do I have to wait till season end? There might be more jobs available in the last days of the season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't see any problem with this as long as it's absolutley mathmatically impossible for your team to go down.

Stage 2- The Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow

Promotion to the Premiership is big for any club but especially to those who have not tasted it before. Teams like Barnsley, Wolves have tasted it only to go back down, Blackburn on the other hand won it and Wigan aren’t doing bad either.

Take a club who have not played in the premiership (Plymouth, Crewe, etc) to the top flight and qualify for Europe

-- What teams qualify for this, can someone tell me?

Stage 3- From Massive to Just Big

Although the Premiership is the place to be some teams have been unable to recapture their former domestic glories. Their fans still wait and all at premium prices.

Take a Premiership side who has not won the League (Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton, etc) and win the League, the league cup, the FA Cup and the charity shield, whilst staying in the Premiership

Note: If they have won the league during the game you may NOT manage them

--- I assume you're talking about teams that were national champions before the introduction of the premier league? (so before 1992?)

Mark,

all of the teams that aren't listed as a relegated team (first page) are eligible for Stage Two. Oh and apart from the teams that have been relegated in your game.

I'm also guessing that you are correct about the Premier League winners, otherwise Jack wouldn't have listed Liverpool as one of the eligible teams.

icon_smile.gif

Archived