Want to play in a FM tounament online? Read on!

Hi, my name is Chris and I am helping to start up a new tournament site called Source Tournaments.

Source Tournaments is the newest addition to the online gaming scene, If you are interested in playing Football Manager 2008 online in a fun and competitive environment, with mature and friendly gamers, this is the place for you. With competitive gaming and a broad knowledge base of the game, Source Tournaments should be your no. 1 priority this gaming season. To join us you only need to fill out a few fields on the registration page and as soon as your account is activated, you can sign up to all the tournaments you want. As a special introductory offer, the first 1000 people to register on Source Tournaments will be placed in a raffle to win one of 50 prizes.... could you be the winner?

For the FM tournament, we hope to attract 32 people for the opening tournament, and each match will involve 2 friendlies, with the aggregate score taken as the result.

As well as FM 08 we also host a variety of RTS games for you to compete in online. If you do want to sign up, follow this link: http://www.sourcetournaments.co.uk and we look forward to gaming with you soon icon_smile.gif

just a quick update, there are a few spaces left, so sign up now to avoid disapointment! I noticed a few names I recognise from here, so i hope you have fun, will give you further updates as the tournament progresses icon_smile.gif

Ok, we now have all 32 players we need for the opening tournament, so sign up is closed im afraid ( which considering there were to be another 2 days before it officially closes is quite pleasing! ), the first games will take place on the 26th, so keep your eyes peeled for further updates icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

As promised, here is an update on the tournament so far.

Despite a few initial teething problems ( including our website going offline for a day or two icon_frown.gif ) we are currently in the Quarter Final stage, with two of the four games played, there has been some high scoring games and some very close matches, im not sure if there any guys off this Forum still in the tournament ( the only guy i know for sure is off here, [rdxcougar] got knocked out in the second round i think ) but considering it's out first go at this kind of thing, we are pleased that it will get completed icon_smile.gif

Well, we finished the tournament icon_smile.gif congrats to fsc_4 who won the final 2-1. Great to get the tourney done, seeing how it was our first ever one!

Thanks to all the people off here who took part in the tournament for helping to contribute to its success, and to Goldy and the other Mods for letting me advertise it! Keep your eyes peeled as im sure another tournament ( maybe in a different format - 2v2 or something slightly different ) is not too far away!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by stabwest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">[rdxcougar]

aka Tez

you mean he actually won a game

icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, I looked at the website and he lost in the first round.

Originally posted by Prince the Titanium:

hy all ..

hey , can i register for the games tournament ?

and how about the plays ? same like the FM 2008?

repply .. ok ?

thanks

go to the website and register, post in the foums regarding the game/s you are interested in playing in and we will get back to you.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived