• Signing NewGen players at other clubs

Erionite
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

This is the player I was attempting to sign while playing as Bayern in the save, while a 20 million euro bid was accepted by Atalanta, the player responded with "I'm not interested in moving to FC Bayern as my age means I will be unable to complete the move in the near future." This is confusing for two reasons, first a young player not even entertaining a professional contract from one of the biggest clubs in the world makes little sense to me. Almost every young player in the world would at least entertain an offer from one of the biggest clubs in the world despite their age. Secondly, "unable to complete the move in the near future" seems to be a bit ridiculous as he is an EU national and would be able to move to the club at 16. 

image.png.b814a36814e72c43b4d5033ce8f304fd.png

image.png.3daf4713ee1bbaaa082a7463535212ef.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

There are some measures in place which means players are less likely to move at these ages. The QA team will take a look into this further, but there are an awful lot of things which mean its rather unpractical for a 15 year old to move countries (even within the EU) especially when the professional contract is still more than a year away. 

I'm playing as Chelsea and can't buy a single youth player from across the world, including from within the UK. Youth players from League One don't even want to talk to me.

We're currently the 2nd biggest club in the world after winning the CL and PL back to back. Can't sign any young (right now 15-17 year olds) newgens from any clubs whatsoever. Can't even negotiate with them. What are these "measures" that are in place? Why are they in place? What was wrong with how it was handled previously? 

newgensbroken.PNG

On 23/10/2022 at 03:16, Michael Sant said:

There are some measures in place which means players are less likely to move at these ages. The QA team will take a look into this further, but there are an awful lot of things which mean its rather unpractical for a 15 year old to move countries (even within the EU) especially when the professional contract is still more than a year away. 

But it's not uncommon. Vinicious Junior signed for R. Madrid before being 18yo and the same for Hugo Cuenca to Milan, for example.

Also apparently applies to transfer that would happen in January  so only a few months apart (less than a year anyway)  or with player that are already 17 years old. 

• SI Staff
    18 minutes ago, Fire said:

But it's not uncommon. Vinicious Junior signed for R. Madrid before being 18yo and the same for Hugo Cuenca to Milan, for example.

Also apparently applies to transfer that would happen in January  so only a few months apart (less than a year anyway)  or with player that are already 17 years old. 

If you have examples of no interest with less than a year where you would expect the player's to be interested please upload a save and we can review.

Thanks,
    Dan

Well, i tried to replicate it and something funny happened. I was trying to sign a 15y/o born in October (so he would join in January, less than 1year since it's the 29 of march) but the player didnt want to start negotiation because of the delayed transfer.  Before taking the screen i changed the language thinking it would have been easier to review (i'm italian) but in english the message was different and just said he wasn't interested in joining my team and when i switched back to italian it wasnt the original message anymore and just said he wasnt interested. So i don't know if it was a translation problem or not.

Same happening on my game, won league and champions league with Man City and can not buy any youngsters. even a 17 year old who would move the next season. most don't say because of not being able to complete soon, I just get I have no interest in negotiating. i get maybe a 15 year old being worried but not a 17 year old from a second division french club. just not realistic. Gone too far you just cant buy a youngster.

On 23/10/2022 at 02:16, Michael Sant said:

Started a save as Man City, and one one single youth will enter into talks. Not even youths from non league sides :/

16 hours ago, Daniel Wells said:

If you have examples of no interest with less than a year where you would expect the player's to be interested please upload a save and we can review.

Thanks,
    Dan

Hi Dan, look at every regen.

Usually, I follow the world>transfers tab religiously, filter by youth intake and poach talent.

In 23, not one single youth will even enter into discussions.

I understand sometimes some wouldn't in older games, but this release none do?

People play FM for many different reasons, and there is a group of us who like this approach, building masses of youth, developing a worldwide loan market and operating as a business.

This has now gone completely :/

I cant even be bothered playing now, few A+ scout finds that i could pick up for a bargain in compensation and they wont come to league and Champions league winners from french second division. No longer a bargain to be had gonna be hard when i start my actual save as a smaller club if i bother

This new "feature" makes it almost impossible to play as teams in lower ranked leagues that irl (and previously in-game) make 90% of their profit from buying, developing, and selling youngsters. 

Just a note that if you want SI to review this potential issue, please describe the issue and provide a save game that enables them to reproduce it. It's difficult to review anything without it.

It doesn't seem common for under 18 players to move (though not saying there aren't examples) when they're potentially a year or two away from even having a professional contract. As SI indicated specifically above - players with less than a year left should be looking to move and so should be open to negotiating with you.

23 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Just a note that if you want SI to review this potential issue, please describe the issue and provide a save game that enables them to reproduce it. It's difficult to review anything without it.

It doesn't seem common for under 18 players to move (though not saying there aren't examples) when they're potentially a year or two away from even having a professional contract. As SI indicated specifically above - players with less than a year left should be looking to move and so should be open to negotiating with you.

How do I even add a save file so big?

57 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I Understand some dont want to move all well and good, but im City and a lad from the second division in Poland doesnt want to move at 17. this is just unrealistic. 

35 minutes ago, janis said:

How do I even add a save file so big?

The bugs forum headers have the links, but I'll link it anyway:

Just now, Ljhowells4 said:

I Understand some dont want to move all well and good, but im City and a lad from the second division in Poland doesnt want to move at 17. this is just unrealistic. 

That's why SI are requesting saves if you have an issue you want to report.

Just uploaded a save file called 'NewgenYouth uninterested.fm' in the soundcloud uploader

Problem is 95% of 16-17 year will simply say they are uninterested or say their age makes it difficult for them to move

• SI Staff

Thanks for providing a save game file. Our QA team will take a look into this. Such young players moving is generally the exception of the rule however. 

Just wanted to say I find the whole inability to sign players on pre-contracts completely unrealistic. I'm not fussed what some people on here suspect but messi moved to barca at 13, countless players do it. As long as playing time or promises over playing time in the future are made, I see no reason  why players wouldn;t agree to move, even if the salary would need to be inflated

Would love to get an update on this. 

One of the main reasons i play FM is because i love to train the youth but with this bug/problem i cant even sign anyone.

• SI Staff

Hello, we have a couple of issues under investigation that are related to this. Some tweaks are being made to the balance of under 18s being interested in joining other teams, along with added reasons if a player doesn't want to join.

Rest assured issues are being reviewed, we're trying hard to reflect real life more than just randomly changing things, thank you for your patience. :) 

9 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we have a couple of issues under investigation that are related to this. Some tweaks are being made to the balance of under 18s being interested in joining other teams, along with added reasons if a player doesn't want to join.

Rest assured issues are being reviewed, we're trying hard to reflect real life more than just randomly changing things, thank you for your patience. :) 

Ok, thanks. I appreciate some things might want to be tweaked. Having a coaches or teams reputation for developing youth, for example, should be a factor IMO, but probably something to come next release as there's no "develops youth" entity in the game mechanics I presume. At least it's not visible to me in the editor.