• SQUAD PLANNER STILL KEEP RESETTING

clovve
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Squad planner keep resetting after i load up game, the issue has been known since beta and this still happening after the release.  and one more thing i still cant fin d any earrings at accessories. just pls fix this.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same here. I tried it numerous times during the Beta, and it just reset now that we got the "release" version.

Almost nobody who has played FM21 or FM22 for more than a few hours would have chosen Squad Planner as something to prioritize dev resources on for FM23, but you guys made it your headline feature. And it's broken in the most obvious, easily caught way possible. You guys need to have a serious re-think about your entire process from brainstorming all the way to QA, because if my dev team at work spent a year to produce...this...we'd be laid off.

If you had just re-skinned FM22 a little (like you did), updated the DB (like you did), and then given the rest of the budget to charity, I'd feel better about having wasted my money on this broken version of FM22 than I do after whatever you guys were doing over the last year. I'm totally serious when I say I regret uninstalling FM22. Unbelievable.

yes indeed. it's the headline feature yet it's BROKEN. such a shame you guys have some time to fix the issues but the issues still appear during the release version.

WE NEED AN UPDATE FIX FOR THIS ONE.

2 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, sorry you are having this issue, could you please send us your save file so we can investigate.

always the same answer, but here we go. save game file name: El Hamdani - The Beginning.fm

it is obvious the issues still remain, i hope you guys really take this seriously. just fix the goddamn issue cuz it's your NEW FEATURE.

This is ridiculous that you need save files to reproduce... this is such an obvious issue with the squad planner... If you haven't yet found this internally, something is seriously wrong! The Squad Planner feature is totally unusable!

• SI Staff

Hello, we've taken a look at your save and it loads fine on our end. Could you please go into detail about the steps you take to encounter the issue, perhaps with some screenshots attached, thank you.

I'm not uploading a save file, but the steps that produced it were really this simple:

1. Start a new save.
    2. Set up your Squad Planner however you want it.
    3. Play through several matches, possibly closing and re-opening the game.
    4. Come back to Squad Planner to find everything reset.

I've only done the one save since the Beta started, it was an issue out of the box, and it is still an issue after release. I've heard many, many people mention this issue, and I'm a little surprised you're not already aware of it.

10 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we've taken a look at your save and it loads fine on our end. Could you please go into detail about the steps you take to encounter the issue, perhaps with some screenshots attached, thank you.

9 hours ago, Catch22er said:

I'm not uploading a save file, but the steps that produced it were really this simple:

1. Start a new save.
    2. Set up your Squad Planner however you want it.
    3. Play through several matches, possibly closing and re-opening the game.
    4. Come back to Squad Planner to find everything reset.

I've only done the one save since the Beta started, it was an issue out of the box, and it is still an issue after release. I've heard many, many people mention this issue, and I'm a little surprised you're not already aware of it.

are you serious? it's an obvious issue. that's the exact steps when you encounter the issue. 

thats not only me, EVERYONE HERE HAS THE SAME ISSUE.

Edited by clovve

• Administrators
    On 09/11/2022 at 04:28, clovve said:

are you serious? it's an obvious issue. that's the exact steps when you encounter the issue. 

thats not only me, EVERYONE HERE HAS THE SAME ISSUE.

We're just trying to determine exactly how this issue is occurring as on our end we haven't been able to reproduce it in exactly the same manner. 

Are you quitting FM or saving whilst on the planner screen? Is the thing not being remembered the last thing you set before saving/exiting? Or are you making changes then continuing as normal to play matches etc? If it's the latter, once you've done so, if you come back to the screen are your changes forgotten, or is it only once again when you've quit the game? 

Thanks. 

34 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We're just trying to determine exactly how this issue is occurring as on our end we haven't been able to reproduce it in exactly the same manner. 

Are you quitting FM or saving whilst on the planner screen? Is the thing not being remembered the last thing you set before saving/exiting? Or are you making changes then continuing as normal to play matches etc? If it's the latter, once you've done so, if you come back to the screen are your changes forgotten, or is it only once again when you've quit the game? 

Thanks. 

FWIW, in my case I have not quit or saved and exited from the planner screen. I've always advanced at least a day before a save or an exit.

And it's not the last thing it's not remembering, it's everything; it either resets to my assistant's picks or it's just blank.

• Administrators
    2 hours ago, Catch22er said:

FWIW, in my case I have not quit or saved and exited from the planner screen. I've always advanced at least a day before a save or an exit.

And it's not the last thing it's not remembering, it's everything; it either resets to my assistant's picks or it's just blank.

So do the changes disappear immediately (so when you leave and return to screen) or only when you leave and reload the save? 

Also very much keen to know if any of you are using custom skins or whether you're on default. Thanks. 

On 10/11/2022 at 15:18, Neil Brock said:

So do the changes disappear immediately (so when you leave and return to screen) or only when you leave and reload the save? 

Also very much keen to know if any of you are using custom skins or whether you're on default. Thanks. 

Ive had the same error - the changes disappear as soon as you advance a day or more. I'm on the default skin

Also, this error may be the same as on

Yep, sounds similar. But seeing that that save references Aberdeen: I know this sounds strange, but it may be worth seeing if it's related to saves in Scotland (which have other bugs, like not being able to move players to youth teams or hire youth team coaches).

My save (again, started in Scottish League Two) is still producing wonky Squad Planner behavior. I just set it like three in-game weeks ago, and it's already showing players I haven't added. It'd be nice if it at least worked until I could memorize it, but I guess SI's latest hit feature is still "compatible with Excel, as in, you'll need Excel while playing."

• Administrators

Again would really appreciate a clear answer to these questions:

Do the changes get forgotten as soon as you leave the screen? So the next time you return they're gone?

Or is it that something else needs to happen? So either that you continue, or most importantly, that you quit the game (after saving) and then load it back up? 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Do the changes get forgotten as soon as you leave the screen? So the next time you return they're gone?

Or is it that something else needs to happen? So either that you continue, or most importantly, that you quit the game (after saving) and then load it back up? 

Thanks. 

For me, I haven't noticed the changes getting lost immediately. Because it's useless I don't use it, so I don't check it that often (maybe an in-game month or months), but it's something that happens after continuing.

IMHO, this feels like the kind of bug that you have to give straight to a developer, and not to QA. There's probably some random call to SquadPlanner.reset() somewhere where it shouldn't be. Like maybe it happens if you make any change to your Tactic, or if you loan someone out, or if you add someone to the unwanted list, or who knows.

Or you need a log where I can check a text file and see some developer-ese like "11/12/22 05:19am couldn't populate squad planner; expected Squad object, got string" or something.

3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

The changes stay there for a few days and then, after a few clicks in the continue, they go and usually revert to some sort of default position. 

I know this by doing a simple test. I add every goalkeeper from my squad, b team, under 23s and under 19s. About 10 goalkeepers in total. A few days later I am back to 3. There is no quitting a d reloading the game at any point.

i think its happening when you clear your tactics or change formation and tactic. i just cleaedr all my tactics chose a pre-set when and everything reset.

definitely something to do with changing tactics, you can recreate the situation without hitting continue. over and over again. I just tested it.

4 minutes ago, hilmz88 said:

definitely something to do with changing tactics, you can recreate the situation without hitting continue. over and over again. I just tested it.

I think this is right (or at least one of the ways it messes things up), but to clarify it's not just when you do a total tactic revamp for me. If this is is causing it, it's also happening if you make relatively minor changes (i.e. not changing formation).

Same. It's not completely resetting, but it is adding players on its own, etc.

3 minutes ago, hilmz88 said:

its actually happening when I continue playing for abit as well.