• MLS Superdraft Auto Runs

MJalove
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

2024 Superdraft of St Louis FC.

Have been able to go into Superdraft in 2023 and wavier draft and re-entry.

When i get to 2024 Superdraft the draft automatically runs and does not allow me pick in the draft.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This happened to me, too. I hope someone can answer this question, because it's very frustrating and really makes it unplayable unless you're willing to just take whomever is automatically chosen for you. (SPOILER ALERT: They were totally bad options)

Same issue is still apparent. Starting for me in December of '23, waiver drafts took place automatically. Presumably, the same thing will also occur as these other players have indicated once I get to the SuperDraft. This does essentially make the MLS save unplayable for anyone who wants to utilize the draft. 

Can provide a save file 2 days before a waiver draft event takes place if needed. File uses all fictionalized players and staff, which I presume shouldn't make an impact. 

On 17/01/2023 at 08:50, Kyle Brown said:

If you could provide that save file it would be a great help, our team haven't been able to reproduce this so far.

Hello, 

File is uploaded, "Chi-town (All NewGens)"

File is timed at end of 2024 season, just before Waiver draft. You will see that the game does not allow player to participate in Waiver draft and the two Re-Entry Drafts. I suspect if you forward up one month to the Super Draft, it will be like last season where the game auto-drafted players on your behalf as well. 

Edited by ChitownCch

Same issue...Started with ST Louis in MLS the game is rolling through the Superdraft in the 2nd season 

AFterwrds its showing some random players are selected by the club. Did not happen in 1st season

• SI Staff
    On 27/01/2023 at 20:21, Soumyadip1809 said:

Same issue...Started with ST Louis in MLS the game is rolling through the Superdraft in the 2nd season 

Do you have a save file just before this issue occurs within your save? If so, could you please upload it to our SI Cloud Server. Thanks!

For me, the same mistake, the game becomes unplayable because of it. And did any of you get to the next superdraft ?? Does it still automatically choose because if so FM 23 is in the trash because I only play MLS. I have a game record just before the superdraft

Edited by WaKo82

Circling back: year-end Waiver and 1st Round Re-entry draft didn't occur, but strangely enough, 2nd Re-entry draft did. 2025 SuperDraft also occurred as normal. I wonder if the issue is only specific to 2024 due to St. Louis joining and causing some sort of break that then resolved itself after? 

Well, I mean whether to continue playing on this record and let go of this one year of superdraft. I have already won a lot of Portland Timbers for two seasons and it would be a pity if the superdraft even ST broke down. Luis ended the season when it happened with this superdraft

I decided to just trade away my year's picks and move on with the save. Ended up signing like 5 academy players instead. 3 of them are probably not going to make the first team, but that's usually the case with 2nd/3rd round picks anyways. Any year where the 1st rounder makes the cut for 3+ seasons is a win in my book. 

I had the same issue with my St. Louis CITY SC save.  It skipped through the Super Draft automatically in 2024 and 2025, but then corrected itself and let me participate again starting in 2026.  While it was broken, I used the most recent 1st round draft projection to determine who was taken before CITY SC's draft position, then used the editor to add who I would have taken in that spot.  Not a great workaround, but better than the alternative.

Similarly, the annual Waiver Draft did the same thing, but has remained broken through my current 2030 season.

The worst issue is regarding the regen player pool for the Super Draft.  Starting with 2026, the game wasn't regening even enough players to fill out the draft.  My most recent one in 2029 resulted in only a 10-player pool for the entire Super Draft.  This absolutely makes the game unplayable.

On 09/03/2023 at 10:48, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, our recent Main Data Update should have resolved this, can you confirm?

Will do as soon as I reached that stage of the season again. Just started 2026

Same problem, the superdraft continues the second year in a row. So i cannot choose to participate the draft.

i have all new updates, i startet the save 3 weeks ago.

what can i do?