• Non-EU slots not working as advertised

Gethin Bradnam
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I've just signed Enzo Fernandez who is labelled as an "Extra non-EU player who cannt be registered until next season, or until another non-EU player is sold"

I have then sold Dario Osorio from my U20s who is down as a "non-EU player who occupies a non-Eu slot"

Even after selling Dario Osorio Enzo Fernandez does not become available for registration

I have uploaded my save files, Gethin Bradnam - Parthenope (v02) is from before the sale and Gethin Bradnam - Parthenope non-EU is from after

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am also having a problem with this.

I am in my 4th season with Sampdoria. In my third season I signed four non-EU players and the game registered three without letting me choose (it didn't register Endrick who is the one I wanted). In my fourth season it auto-registered Endrick and I also had Jobe Bellingham coming in on a free. The game has will not register Jobe Bellingham but if I go to sign a non-EU player it still says I have only done one this season and says I have room for one more. Why wont it let me register Jobe as my non-EU player for this season?

2022-10-31 00_38_52-Football Manager 2023.png

I think there is a general issue with Non-EU slots for Serie A. I've started a season beginning in september and all non-eu players in Italian clubs are unregistered and either transfer listed or loan listed because of it.

image.thumb.png.ad93f98ad5215d0adb398880b37bebd4.png

The bug is still here, I just created a game in the final version of the game no UE players are registred in Serie A teams. I created the game and went to vacation until november, I looked every teams, they all have the same issue even players at the club for several years.

• Administrators
    On 08/11/2022 at 18:12, Arumbaya said:

The bug is still here, I just created a game in the final version of the game no UE players are registred in Serie A teams. I created the game and went to vacation until november, I looked every teams, they all have the same issue even players at the club for several years.

Appreciate you coming back to us - it's something we're aware of and the team are continuing to review. 

Thanks. 

Hey,

I know this is already investigated but just in case it helps, here's my example from my save:

During the Beta, when I signed two nonEU players for the summer and only had one slot, I was given the option to choose which of the two players I wanted to occupy the one available nonEU slot and be eligible to play for me. The other would either have to wait until next season or I'd have to sell a different nonEU player abroad to free up the extra slot, all of which makes sense.

Now after the official game release, that option isn't there anymore. So what happened to me was I signed two nonEU players for the summer, expecting I'd have the option again but didn't have it. Also, I first signed the player who was designated to be a starter for me and only after that transfer was confirmed did I go and buy the 18-year old wonderkid who wasn't gonna play straight away anyway. Would be fair to assume since only one of the two is going to be eligible to play, it will be the player I signed first, but.. actually it was the second transfer (the wonderkid) who occupied the one slot and my first transfer has the dreaded non-eligible nonEU player icon.

Thanks for investigating and looking forward to the fix.

Did this ever get fixed? Just got the same "can't register a player unless another non-EU player is sold" message. Sold a non-EU player and still can't register him.

This is still currently not working. In 2027 in my Renate save and only have three Non-EU at the club, however only two can be registered, as it says I need to sell another to register the third.image.png.948312eb7d24659c121b12e9d5e15c99.png

On 10/11/2022 at 10:23, Neil Brock said:

Appreciate you coming back to us - it's something we're aware of and the team are continuing to review. 

Thanks. 

Any updates on this at all, given it's been 2+ months and we've heard nothing on it yet? Also someone experiencing this in my current AC Reggiana save. Getting the same "can't register a player unless another non-EU player is sold" message - not able to do said registering even after selling a non-EU player.

• Administrators
    8 hours ago, Brasilian Fury said:

Any updates on this at all, given it's been 2+ months and we've heard nothing on it yet? Also someone experiencing this in my current AC Reggiana save. Getting the same "can't register a player unless another non-EU player is sold" message - not able to do said registering even after selling a non-EU player.

The examples of saves we've had sent to us, the rules have been correctly implemented. If you have a specific example in-game where you feel this isn't working correctly, please create your own issue (so thread) and upload your save game so we can investigate.

Details on how to upload a save here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks.