• The beta version of the game crashes on the splash screens

blekyna
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

The beta version of the game crashes on loading splash screens. The last screen I get is War Child and the game crashes when loading the next screen. I also tried verifying the integrity of the cache in Steam, but still the same. However, the game worked for me yesterday without any problems. No error message will appear under Windows. I haven't added anything to the game since yesterday.
    Then there was an update to the Alpha version of the game, version 23.1, which I have and only the Alpha version of the game works.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I completely uninstalled the beta version of the game, restarted the PC, reinstalled the game beta and the problem still persists.
    The alpha version works, but obviously the update of Alpha to 23.1 dropped the Beta version.

• SI Staff

Hello, sorry to hear you are having issues.

First can you try to verify the integrity of your FM files, as shown here - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997753543185

If that doesn't work, try removing your cache and preferences folder as shown here - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997644231185

If the game is still crashing, could you please send us your DxDiag as shown here - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553 and any crash dump files (which can be found here by default - C:\Users\Your Windows Username\Documents\Sports Interactive\[Football Manager title]\crash dumps) so we can access and see if you are able to run the game. Thank you.

LewisRWalsh

Posted (edited)

Having the exact same problem too, although my crash seems to happen after the UEFA competitions splash screen. On the occasions that I am able to get past the splash screens, the game then crashes when I select which file to load. Neither crash generates a dump file.

I am not having this problem with the alpha version of the game though, and it's worth noting that this has only started happening after I quickly opened the alpha version to check something in it. 

Edited by LewisRWalsh

4 hours ago, LewisRWalsh said:

Having the exact same problem too, although my crash seems to happen after the UEFA competitions splash screen. On the occasions that I am able to get past the splash screens, the game then crashes when I select which file to load. Neither crash generates a dump file.

I am not having this problem with the alpha version of the game though, and it's worth noting that this has only started happening after I quickly opened the alpha version to check something in it. 

The original screens change differently when the game crashes. But it doesn't reload the screen when the files are loading.

• Administrators
    3 hours ago, blekyna said:

The original screens change differently when the game crashes. But it doesn't reload the screen when the files are loading.

Please clear your cache and preferences. I've dropped you a PM as well. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I've cleared the cache and presets and it doesn't help. I have also removed all added files like lga, background etc. That didn't help either.

6 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Many thanks, @Lucas that seems to have sorted it.

Any idea why that happened?

The cache and preferences need to be cleared.
    I have done everything described and the game still crashes, the game just drops out before the files start loading.
    But again I repeat, before the update to 23.1, the game (Beta) ran completely without problems.

On 23/10/2022 at 06:40, Lucas said:

Have done this just now, and yet the same problem of the game crashing when I choose which file to load is still occuring. 

I have exactly the same issue as Stuniverse. FM 23 was working fine as was Aplha. FM23 Issue appears to have been since the weekend / Monday update for Gerrard

In summary game starts, splash screens appear then it disappears / Icon in bottom tool bar disappears

Verified file integrity, deleted cache folder, PC reboot and same issue. If the Preferences folder is then deleted that seems to resolve the issue

@Lucas

20 hours ago, MrPompey said:

I have exactly the same issue as Stuniverse. FM 23 was working fine as was Aplha. FM23 Issue appears to have been since the weekend / Monday update for Gerrard

In summary game starts, splash screens appear then it disappears / Icon in bottom tool bar disappears

Verified file integrity, deleted cache folder, PC reboot and same issue. If the Preferences folder is then deleted that seems to resolve the issue

@Lucas

For me, either deleting the save files from Alpha solved the problem or not deleting them and moving the save files to a different drive than the one on which I have the FM 23 Alpha version installed.

1 hour ago, blekyna said:

For me, either deleting the save files from Alpha solved the problem or not deleting them and moving the save files to a different drive than the one on which I have the FM 23 Alpha version installed.

Me too. Proves it could be a combination of many things