• Sacked after meeting

Spadge
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

While in Vanarama North as Chester Utd we were asked by the board to achieve a mid table place and reach the proper stages of the FA Cup.

11 games or so in sitting 2nd in the table but got knocked out by a higher/better team 1-0 in the very last qualifying round.

On the club vision screen the board say they are disappointed by not reaching the goal but however, they understand that we lost to a team that they would expect us to lose to.

Then get called into a meeting to explain myself and get sacked. 

I understand that the game has targets and that if you don't hit them then yes get sacked but surely the board must look and consider the who, what, when and how.

How can the board say they understand and then go ahead and sack me..... ive encountered this type of situation in past games and have been kept in the job.

This needs addressing.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yup, I was just sacked ( why I'm here ) at Partick Thistle for failing to qualify for the League Cup ( this is after 4 games at the start of the season ) sitting in 2nd place with 6 points after losing to St Mirren and Falkirk ( much bigger teams ) so winning those was always going to be a struggle 

The board wanted to know why I failed after they set it to reach the semi final, I could have asked for a chance yada yada but I said I'd just resign, its the start of a new save so I can just start over 

Sackings seem to be more in this years game, I've been sacked 3 times now, last time I was sacked was FM20 

The same just happened to me with Cefn Druids.

First season I won the cymru north with a record amount of points. I'm currently sitting 3rd in the welsh prem after 6 games, but lost in the welsh cup 3rd round away to Swansea University. Got called into a meeting and was sacked. Before clicking on the meeting I checked the board rating and I was A- so its definitely a bug. They also said as part of the meeting that they were disappointed I wasn't within the wage budget, my wage budget is over £5k a week and I'm only spending £3k a week. Definite bug.

PS To test this I just reloaded to the point after my loss. The meeting happened again. This time I clicked on the 'less upheaval' option, and they didnt sack me.

Edited by chestermike
    additional info.

• SI Staff

Thank you for flagging. This is a known issue that should be fixed for release. If you want to send us your save file so we can take a look you can. :) 

The ridiculous targets being set is definitely is not fixed and it's ruining FM23. I'm really quite frustrated about it.

I took over at Ayr United, who are expected to finish 9th in the Championship. I went on a good run and ended up taking them into the Premiership via the play-offs in the first season - almost by accident.

When I reached the Prem I was told my weekly wage budget was £17k and I had a £10k transfer budget. It's ridiculously low for the top flight, even for a small club like that, and only marginally better than what I had in the second tier. But fair enough, I was up for the challenge.

I was barely able to pull a squad together, to the point where I was going into some games with three subs and a fake goalkeeper because my backup was recalled from his loan and I couldn't afford a new one. Despite that, my pre-season expectations were to make the play-offs (i.e. finish 11th)!

As if that wasn't wild enough, I was then hauled in for several board meetings because I was losing games to clubs like Rangers and Celtic, and was bottom of the league. I was in touching distance of the play-off spot despite all this and with a couple of wins towards the end of the season, I would've finished 11th.

I kept putting off the inevitable by telling them it was a kneejerk reaction until finally that wasn't an option and I had to promise to improve things within the month. Two defeats later I was sacked.

In what sense is this fun, fair or remotely accurate? Ayr haven't been in the Scottish top flight since 1978! So getting there itself is a huge achievement, never mind being given pennies to try and compete and stay in the division. Making decent money and building a team of prospects while getting relegated would be achievement enough - the league performance would be almost a moot point.

SI needs to sort this out ASAP before more games are ruined by completely unrealistic expectations and people switch off. I'm now reluctant to play the game any more because I know that no matter what I do, it won't be good enough for the board/fans.