• "Club vision" disappeared

abcdf
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

How can I edit club visions? It seems to have disappeared from the club's page on the editor. In its place I find supporters objectives, which isn't supposed to be the same thing right? Is there any way to edit club vision in FM23 editor?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I got around this by creating a new person and assigning them as Chairman or Owner.

If you look at the a club like Man City, you can see the chairman has the same objectives as the club, so I assume they are the same thing.

Edited by GodAtum

18 minutes ago, GodAtum said:

I got around this by creating a new person and assigning them as Chairman or Owner.

If you look at the a club like Man City, you can see the chairman has the same objectives as the club, so I assume they are the same thing.

We don't need a workaround, we need it fixing! 

• SI Staff

Thank you for flagging, we will investigate further. For now, you can edit board objectives by going to the club's owner/chairperson and editing Personal Objectives, hope this helps. :) 

22 ore fa, Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

Thank you for flagging, we will investigate further. For now, you can edit board objectives by going to the club's owner/chairperson and editing Personal Objectives, hope this helps. :) 

Thanks Zachary. The problem is that chairman's objectives change whenever there is a takeover, while club vision was more "stable". So you confirm me this is a bug and can we expect it to see it fixed?

Any updates on this? Is it going to be resolved? Is it gone forever? 

Give us some answers please. 

If it was removed intentionally, it was a god awful move, let me tell you that.

Edited by abcdf

To clarify - The "club" vision comes from the Chairman/owner/President, as they set it. What might be considered "Club Culture" is now under "Supporter Objectives".

Which makes sense in a way - Supporters form the club and have expectations, but if some owner comes in and wants to fundamentally change that then you will have a conflict.

19 ore fa, V50 ha scritto:

To clarify - The "club" vision comes from the Chairman/owner/President, as they set it. What might be considered "Club Culture" is now under "Supporter Objectives".

Which makes sense in a way - Supporters form the club and have expectations, but if some owner comes in and wants to fundamentally change that then you will have a conflict.

Yes but there are far less options in “supporters objectives” than there were in the “club vision” panel.

just to be clear, are you sure it actually is like you are saying or is it just your idea?

thanks

17 ore fa, Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

Hello I've checked, this issue is still being looked at by the developers. We really appreciate your patience.

Thank you Zachary, we’ll wait for updates on this then.

• SI Staff

Hello, we apologise for the late response.

@abcdfto answer your questions:

The board objectives are all now generated from the board person as the board club vision is set by the current board.

The ones stored on the club are the supporter objectives as they are the ones who remain at the club no matter what.

4 ore fa, Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

Hello, we apologise for the late response.

@abcdfto answer your questions:

The board objectives are all now generated from the board person as the board club vision is set by the current board.

The ones stored on the club are the supporter objectives as they are the ones who remain at the club no matter what.

Thank you Zachary, but why are there much fewer options in the supporter objectives tab than there were in the club vision's one?

For example there is no more "buy players below the age of X" while it was present in the prior versions. It would be required to have more options (at least as many as the previous versions, not less!) for what concerns the "fixed" club objectives.

Edited by abcdf

I mean, I would have to download back FM22 in order to provide you with a list.

what is sure is that there are fewer options: “Buy players below the age of” is one, but there are many more that I cannot recall at the moment.

i would just like to know what is the rationale for this, especially when you guys do not even seem to be aware of this change. I do not want to express a feature request, I would just like to have an answer on the “why” since it seems a nosensical to remove part of a good feature that was implemented like 2 years ago.

@Zachary WhyteI have a question about this. You say that: "The board objectives are all now generated from the board person as the board club vision is set by the current board. The ones stored on the club are the supporter objectives as they are the ones who remain at the club no matter what." -- This sounds very damaging to situations wherein something has to be fixed in place long term. An example from FM22 (they're extinct in FM23) would be Akropolis IF, they were a team in Sweden that were formed by Greek Immigrants, so they had a policy of bringing in a healthy number of Greek Players. In FM22, they had Sign Players of Nationality (Greek) as an ongoing board objective. How does that work if the club itself doesn't have its own Club Vision? If you were to put that on the Owner or Chairperson, couldn't it end up being lost when somebody replaces them? Having individual staff members having their own Club Vision set, things they tend to have done in the past, for when they go into ownership positions, is a good idea, but there also needs to be a Club Vision view in the IGE for the club itself, so that things ongoing are not lost when a club has a change of ownership.

Edited by CTxCB

@Zachary Whyte @Neil Brock this issue was bothering me so much that I went back a downloaded the 2022 Editor to compare. If this is not a bug I don't know what is. There were cleary a lot more options in the 2022 "club vision" panel than in the 2023 "supporters objectives" panel.

The one that bothers me the most is surely "sign players under X age", since its absence makes it impossible to implement a long-lasting vision of buying younger players for a specific team. In 2023, you can only do it by editing the chairman objectives, which obviously will cancel out once a new owner arrives.  But there are many others missing, such as "sign players from domestic rivals" which seems the perfect fit to be something supporters care about.

I do not understand the logic behind this, it makes perfect sense for "sign players under X age" to be an objective of the supporters and part of the "culture" and not only of the board. Especially since objectives such as "sign high reputation players" or "sign players of nationality", which are to all intents and purposes similar, are still there. Also stuff which I have never seen supporters care about in real life such as "make the most of set pieces" is still there.

The previous version (2022) made the database way more customisable and made it easier to have AI teams acting in a realistic way. I cannot see one reason to just reduce the scope of such an excellent feature.

Can you please give us some feedback about this? I think me and many others who posted in this thread would love to have more options for what concerns supporter objectives in FM 2024.

Thank you.

editor2023.PNG

editor2022.PNG

Edited by abcdf

3 ore fa, Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

Thank you for the detailed information. I'll discuss this further with the developers. 

Thank you, really hope to see this fixed next year