• No technical player development

abcdf
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Players DO NOT develop technically!! Huge game breaking bug here. I attach some screenshots of the development of Endrick, one of the biggest wonderkids in the game, from 2022 to 2032 to prove my point.

Look at his stats. Technicals increased by max 1-2 points while mentals such as Composure, Decisions, Off the ball and Vision went trough the roof. Also the increase in physical is too big with respect to his technical attributes.

Please SI fix this!! It is completely unrealistic to have a database full of techically horrendous players.

For now I only have screenshot, will post a savegame as soon as I can

Endrick 1.PNG

Endrick 2.PNG

Endrick 3.PNG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I still see technical attributes developing less than mental and physical, as it came out from the analysis on the other post. Can we still see some adjustment to make it more even?

2 minutes ago, quadrifoglio said:

Any news mates? I have pre-purchased the game and the last 3 days cause of the know issue i have stopped playing 

There are rumors and then there are just lies. 

• SI Staff

Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update and a bit of clarification on the ongoing work with player development. 

There are a couple of areas in particular we are still looking at improvements for:

1) Attribute balancing - Whilst the recent patch fixed the extreme attribute profiles that were possible in long term soaks, there are still certain attributes for certain positions that we're trying to find ways to boost and keep balanced. 

2) Inactive league CA progression - Internally we're seeing that the rate of progression and CA/PA ratios in active leagues looks about right and remains constant in long term saves. An amount of drop off in inactive leagues average CA can be expected due to high CA players being prioritised for inclusion in the game start db - but we are looking at ways to keep this a bit more stable. This also means that different db setups can show very different results for the Player Development Averages depending on the proportion of players in inactive leagues. 

If you find any examples of a player in your save not developing as expected, then please start a new thread on the bug tracker with a save game from the beginning and end of the period in question.

If you have any questions on this subject then let me know :)

This has been the case for many versions now, and I'm sure that it's been brought up before, but newgen wide defenders, fullbacks, wingbacks, whatever you want to call them, are severely lacking in crossing and dribbling.  The first screen is from Aug 2022. There are 50242 players in the scouting range, and I looked for players that can play right back with at least 12 for crossing and dribbling.  337 players found.  The second picture is from Jan 2044, 75757 players in scouting range, same search, 19 players found.  The only way I've gotten any halfway decent fullbacks in the past was to retrain wingers, but we can't trust the AI to do that.

image.thumb.png.7047b12d63f7d78d09f762dcde28bbbb.png

image.thumb.png.526ce1bb730b318f9abd278ee5c01a75.png

On 31/10/2022 at 22:36, Andrew James said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update and a bit of clarification on the ongoing work with player development. 

There are a couple of areas in particular we are still looking at improvements for:

1) Attribute balancing - Whilst the recent patch fixed the extreme attribute profiles that were possible in long term soaks, there are still certain attributes for certain positions that we're trying to find ways to boost and keep balanced. 

2) Inactive league CA progression - Internally we're seeing that the rate of progression and CA/PA ratios in active leagues looks about right and remains constant in long term saves. An amount of drop off in inactive leagues average CA can be expected due to high CA players being prioritised for inclusion in the game start db - but we are looking at ways to keep this a bit more stable. This also means that different db setups can show very different results for the Player Development Averages depending on the proportion of players in inactive leagues. 

If you find any examples of a player in your save not developing as expected, then please start a new thread on the bug tracker with a save game from the beginning and end of the period in question.

If you have any questions on this subject then let me know :)

So then, is a valid workaround to load and simulate all possible leagues and players?

This is my preferred save setup anyhow, since I don't mind the "Continue" action taking a bit longer. Monster PC, so it's not too bad.

EDIT: Also, I'm aware there are options buried in the settings menu which affect the level of fidelity with which other club/league games are simulated... are there options we can select which improve global player development outcomes?

Edited by mannyhams
    Added follow-up question about settings