• African champions league registration

prsamaral
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I can't Select same of my players for registration, 3 of these players in the pictures were bought last season and couldn't also be registered in last season's ACL. I bought some players this season and a few of them i can register and others i can't. does anyone encountered this bug or knows how to fix it? thanks

non selectable.png

Selectable.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi team,  getting involved to provide the necessary data to debug this issue.

Context:

• I have hit the same bug. Interestingly I am also in 2026.
    • Just like the original poster, I encountered the issue in my first season 2025/26 but only one player was unregisterable - now as many 17 are not able to be registered
    • Another data point is that the top-bar calls out "13 players" selected thus far though none are selected across all my squads (1st, reserve, u21, u19)
    • I have uploaded my save at this point in time: Gigi Fiasco - KAISER CHIEFS - registration bug - sort it out SI.fm

1459824475_2022-12-0616_52_20-.thumb.png.b36accde861e61a2f484cd450a3b44d3.png

Edited by GigiFiasco

On 03/01/2023 at 11:48, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this is a known issue that we're currently investigating. We're very sorry for inconvenience. 

Hi, I am also experiencing this issue, I was wondering whether there was any news on this?

Also, if it is fixed, will it automatically be fixed for people already in-game or would it only be fixed on new saves. 

Thanks!

Has this been fixed yet?  I am in year 2036 in my first ACL and I also can't register 9 players, 6 of which are starters.  All of these players are South African, have been with my club at least 2 years, and are all on multiyear contracts.  Not sure what to do as without these players I will barely have enough to even register a team (15 players).

• SI Staff

Hello, @shaclad this is something we're looking to have resolved for our winter update, which usually drops around late February or early March.

To answer your question @SalahManeFirmino you will need to start a new save for this fix to take effect.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

On 06/02/2023 at 09:53, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, @shaclad this is something we're looking to have resolved for our winter update, which usually drops around late February or early March.

To answer your question @SalahManeFirmino you will need to start a new save for this fix to take effect.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

On 03/01/2023 at 06:48, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this is a known issue that we're currently investigating. We're very sorry for inconvenience. 

Thanks team, glad to know it's being worked on  :brock:

Is there a manual workaround via the editor or some other method for existing saves? I'm about 10 years into a Pentagon challenge that I'd like to salvage if possible.

1 hour ago, YankeeHotspur said:

Is there a manual workaround via the editor or some other method for existing saves? I'm about 10 years into a Pentagon challenge that I'd like to salvage if possible.

The bug (based on about 10 saves I've looked at, so less than SI has access to but I'm still pretty certain), is caused when players have played for another club in either African continental competition (since the start of the save), so the workaround is not to buy players that have. Also don't let your useful players who you can register go.

Not an easy workaround admittedly.

20 hours ago, vikeologist said:

The bug (based on about 10 saves I've looked at, so less than SI has access to but I'm still pretty certain), is caused when players have played for another club in either African continental competition (since the start of the save), so the workaround is not to buy players that have. Also don't let your useful players who you can register go.

Not an easy workaround admittedly.

ouch, that's gonna be tough one. I'll need the transfer window of my life, but maybe I can squeeze something out of it

Will a fix work for all other competitions? I have the same bug for the Concacaf Champions League. Third season in and for the registration I'm down 3 starting midfielders. So I have only 1 available, and have to use youths for the rest.

@Zachary WhyteIf beginning a new save game isn't practical for us, is it possible to know the cause of the bug and maybe I can work around it in my current save? It looks like @vikeologist is pretty close. It tracks with my foreign signings, but it seems hit or miss with a few of my South African signings

7 hours ago, YankeeHotspur said:

@Zachary WhyteIf beginning a new save game isn't practical for us, is it possible to know the cause of the bug and maybe I can work around it in my current save? It looks like @vikeologist is pretty close. It tracks with my foreign signings, but it seems hit or miss with a few of my South African signings

From my understanding it’s  players that has played in any other team in the Caf competitions they can’t be register at any time , even next years edition of the tournament, it’s kind of a game breaking bug .

According to the notes of the update, it is fixed, (and my one new test save appears to confirm this).

That is for new saves. 

I'd be interested in whether the fix works for existing saves. (I wouldn't expect it would, but it you never know. I loaded what I think is an old save file where the bug was affecting my registration, and it appeared fixed, but I could of course be mistaken as to the situation in that save before the fix.)