• Player traits crammed in the UI

DomFx
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Not really a bug, but its really hard to see the player traits in the UI.  It feels really crammed in compared to previous years versions of the game

Untitled.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

There is a bit less space on that panel now than previously. This isn't something we would consider a bug - but its something for us to keep in mind moving forward with the UI. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us. 

Additional functionality on the UI itself, such as your suggestion about the bio being collapsible, ideas are always welcome: https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

A bit more information about how you envisage it working, the benefits you feel it could bring and so on allows us to pass that on.

Sorry to intrude on an existing topic, but the player traits are difficult to see in both the overview screen and the attributes screen and something I find very irritating, surely this isn't intentional as I'd expect to be able to clearly see the aspects of a player that define their playing style?

It seems the only way to see a players traits in a visually suitable way is in the player development tab which seems very inefficient when I'm looking from one player to the next.

Maybe make it possible to have it as a drop down in the area below???  Like with Fitness/Dynamics/plans/bans?????????? Just giving my 2 cents i think seeing player traits is kinda big.

This issue is even worse on the 'Attributes' screen. It's completely cut off. Not to mention the 'Positions' box/graphic on the left hand side under contract shrinks to half the size when you click on something at the top of the screen and return back to the Attributes screen.

2 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

There is a bit less space on that panel now than previously. This isn't something we would consider a bug - but its something for us to keep in mind moving forward with the UI. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us. 

Additional functionality on the UI itself, such as your suggestion about the bio being collapsible, ideas are always welcome: https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

A bit more information about how you envisage it working, the benefits you feel it could bring and so on allows us to pass that on.

image.thumb.png.623cc6a465ec070c840de663a633ff65.png

4k monitor here and this is the attributes screen. 

So much space is being dedicated to two almost completely empty panels in the middle section... but I have to scroll to see player traits.

It seems a bit strange, no? I can kind of get it for the profile screen which has a ton more panels, but the attributes screen (where attributes are supposed to be the focus!) is quite a poor experience.

• SI Staff

It's a fair point that some aspects don't scale that well with larger resolutions. I'm only on 1440 myself but its a fair observation. QA will of course be checking it over, but it does constitute perhaps more feedback on the current UI and it all looks very different once it gets a bit compressed like so:

f1d169f6b5fa2f7b060136634baf031d.png

As you've got such little real estate to work with in the main Attributes panel I think having the ability to display player traits within one of the other Attribute Analysis/Biography/Comparison panels would be great considering just how important player traits are to the game.

Edited by Pilcs

1 hour ago, Michael Sant said:

It's a fair point that some aspects don't scale that well with larger resolutions. I'm only on 1440 myself but its a fair observation. QA will of course be checking it over, but it does constitute perhaps more feedback on the current UI and it all looks very different once it gets a bit compressed like so:

f1d169f6b5fa2f7b060136634baf031d.png

I'd argue that it's obfuscating important information about the player and needs to be looked at.  Those player traits are valuable information when deciding what to do tactically with a player.

Genuinely for the life of me do not know why SI don't finally remove the goalkeeper/outfield rating on this screen. It would provide so much more needed space for the PPMs to sit into it. Grinds my gears every year that this redundant piece of information makes it into the game when it's just to remove a few lines of code. 

This seems to be a lot of wasted space to then be hiding core attributes of a player on the "Attributes" page.

Also, why is so much space being devoted to statistics on the attributes page?
    The page should focus most on what it's stated purpose is. It shouldn't be giving priority space to past performance. But it should show everything possible about the attributes that effect how the player performs.

Deadspace.PNG