• Offside But Goal Stands

Matty89
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Just seen a MASSIVE bug in the game i have attached the match look at the 2nd Troyes goal

When the ball is played the troyes striker is CLEARLY over the halfway when ball is played but goal stands

How can this be in the game after so many months its totally unacceptable & has me questioning the compitence of the staff working on the game

Troyes v Paris Saint-Germain.pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Shamefull over a week no and no response another example of the shocking attitude the devs have to us users

How can this bug not be addressed another official complaint is going in soon

On 20/03/2023 at 20:57, Matty89 said:

Shamefull over a week no and no response another example of the shocking attitude the devs have to us users

How can this bug not be addressed another official complaint is going in soon

Just note that referee mistakes are a part of the game and the worse the league the worse the quality of the officiating. If the league has VAR it probably shouldnt happen tho. What league was this in?

Also, possibly lay off the aggression just a little. They get a ton of bugs, some times things just get buried. 

3 hours ago, phantombandit said:

Just note that referee mistakes are a part of the game and the worse the league the worse the quality of the officiating. If the league has VAR it probably shouldnt happen tho. What league was this in?

Also, possibly lay off the aggression just a little. They get a ton of bugs, some times things just get buried. 

It was Ligue 1 it happend sorry but it is unacceptable that something some basic was not picked up in testing

• Administrators

Bear in mind the way the match is displayed in game is a representation of the calculations the match engine has done under the hood. In this instance it's incredibly tight anyway, but there is of course a margin or error for the officials to make a mistake. 

We've checked this specific incident and it is managed in game correctly. Appreciate it's disappointing when you're on this side of a unfortunate decision, but would very much appreciate you don't take your frustration out on members of the SI team and our QA and development team's ability to do their job. Elements related to this are made clear within our house rules here and are something you've been warned of before - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/298538-failure-to-read-or-follow-house-rules/

Please bear those in mind when posting in the future. 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Bear in mind the way the match is displayed in game is a representation of the calculations the match engine has done under the hood. In this instance it's incredibly tight anyway, but there is of course a margin or error for the officials to make a mistake. 

We've checked this specific incident and it is managed in game correctly. Appreciate it's disappointing when you're on this side of a unfortunate decision, but would very much appreciate you don't take your frustration out on members of the SI team and our QA and development team's ability to do their job. Elements related to this are made clear within our house rules here and are something you've been warned of before - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/298538-failure-to-read-or-follow-house-rules/

Please bear those in mind when posting in the future. 

Thanks. 

But surely if there is VAR the offside should have been caught ?

Its a clear offside thats been missed by the officials its not even a close one & there is VAR so dont see how that goal can be allowed

Edited by Matty89
    More information

1 hour ago, Matty89 said:

But surely if there is VAR the offside should have been caught ?

Its a clear offside thats been missed by the officials its not even a close one & there is VAR so dont see how that goal can be allowed

They did bring up a good point, this game runs off a numbers engine so usually when something crazy happens, its that the FM gods have willed it so. I downloaded the video, how do I open it to see exactly what happened?

1 hour ago, phantombandit said:

They did bring up a good point, this game runs off a numbers engine so usually when something crazy happens, its that the FM gods have willed it so. I downloaded the video, how do I open it to see exactly what happened?

If its the game i think you just put the file is matches and there should be somewhere in the game to view it

Dont agree its not a marginal offside its a clear one with VAR involved for me its a bug or if not that clearly a error in the game that more me needs addressing

1 hour ago, phantombandit said:

here is a download link to a video off the offisde goal

Would upload directly here but file size too large

Just to add again VAR was used and still this goal stood its not close its obvious this cant be right surely

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9dizxm0ax9hck7w/Offside_Bug.mp4/file

8 hours ago, Matty89 said:

here is a download link to a video off the offisde goal

Would upload directly here but file size too large

Just to add again VAR was used and still this goal stood its not close its obvious this cant be right surely

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9dizxm0ax9hck7w/Offside_Bug.mp4/file

That is weird, definitely not the rules of the actual game. My guess is the game uses the moment the pass animation starts, as opposed to the last contact with the player. Yea, ill give you that one. If that isnt a bug with the match engine, its a bug with the animation at the very least. If it is in Ligue 1 I probably wouldnt put that down to a ref mistake as that is a top league.

Edited by phantombandit