• Records are still loaded when clicking on anything in the database tab without searching.

sporadicsmiles
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Self explanatory. If you click on any field in the database panel, the game will return 500 (or whatever limit you set) records without you clicking search. This is not how it should function. There should be no results returned until I try to search. If you set the maximum records for search option to 10k or unlimited, you are going to hang your PC every time you click on something. There is no way to use unlimited data records currently, because you will load every single player in the db, for instance, as soon as you press the player field. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

This is by design, but we'll flag this with the points you've raised to see if the alternative is a feasible change we could make. 

i have the same problem.

Until a week ago everything worked fine, and suddenly in the search for people the registration disappeared, there is no option to loan a player, choose a number for the player, future transfer and a few other options that just disappeared or were canceled. I tried deleting and reinstalling and it does not work.
    What to do ?

On 04/01/2022 at 17:58, Kyle Brown said:

This is by design, but we'll flag this with the points you've raised to see if the alternative is a feasible change we could make. 

i have the same problem.

Until a week ago everything worked fine, and suddenly in the search for people the registration disappeared, there is no option to loan a player, choose a number for the player, future transfer and a few other options that just disappeared or were canceled. I tried deleting and reinstalling and it does not work.
    What to do ?

On 04/01/2022 at 15:58, Kyle Brown said:

Hi Kyle, Can you explain to me (at the least), what is exactly the benefits of doing this by design?

If it is small amount of data, the editor will be quick, but clicking on the option of clubs or Cities or Stadiums or anything that has large amount of data, it takes a 1 minute or more to load all of them. It takes the same time, when creating new stuff (ex: club or city or Stadiums), since the Editor will take that minute do load everything again. This will make edit large files, painfully slow.

Thanks for your time.

Grade

I don't think this is working, as you intended.

I click on clubs and I have to wait for all clubs to be loaded (it takes more than 1 minute do so), click on any team and click back on database, it loads the entire database yet again... this way is extremely hard to work with the editor. Not saying impossible, because it is not impossible, but it is way close to that.

• Administrators

Setting to maximum records works by design, showing all records even when a user doesn't search.
    The second issues with fields disappearing sounds you might have "active fields only" turned on, could you confirm if that's the case?

As for the feedback about the actual way the process works, I'll liaise with the team and see why we do it or what changes we could possibly make. It's not something I'm overly familial with, but I can't imagine we would do it unless we had to as I can see the frustration it causes.

I'm sorry if I'm insisting on this.

Maybe I'm just a bit cluless or something, but don't see the exactly benefits of this? Can you explain it to us?

On 28/01/2022 at 05:20, grade said:

Maybe I'm just a bit cluless or something, but don't see the exactly benefits of this? Can you explain it to us?

I agree 100% there is no point in it why load anything wait until the user enters a search parameter

it was fine as it was, no need for it whatsoever 

On 27/01/2022 at 16:20, grade said:

Since we didn't still haven receive any feed back regarding this. I still see this as not working as intended.

With the update this bug still remains. Meaning try to edit clubs for example we have to endure sort of timeout for a minute or so to even making any sort of search. This loading stuff always happen, even if I add any team  we have to endure this timeout.

Thanks for your time.