• Saved game appears to be lost

Haptain
    • Public Status: Info Provided Screenshot: Files Uploaded: Screenshot

I've just completed a season and was two games into my 2nd season (played the community shield and first epl game) I closed the game and when I returned, the option to resume the game was not there. When I select 'Load Game', there is nothing there to select.

Screenshot_20231109_181840_FM24 Mobile.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just to add, I was logged into the same Netflix account and the device I'm using is the Samsung s20+.

Edited by Haptain

• SI Staff

Hi, could you give us a bit more information on what state you were in before closing the game. Did you happen to save just before closing or press exit game? We're trying to see if we can reproduce this in house.

1 hour ago, Angelos Antoniades said:

Hi, could you give us a bit more information on what state you were in before closing the game. Did you happen to save just before closing or press exit game? We're trying to see if we can reproduce this in house.

I exited the game without saving, which I did before but the same issue did not occur. 

• SI Staff

Before this happened, was your device turned off at all (either manually or due to loss of battery)? Also, could you please select [Load Game] and send us a screen shot of what can be seen? Thank you!

5 hours ago, Kate Edwards said:

Before this happened, was your device turned off at all (either manually or due to loss of battery)? Also, could you please select [Load Game] and send us a screen shot of what can be seen? Thank you!

No, it wasn't turned off. I was playing the game, exited by closing the game, then went back into the game and the resume game option wasn't there. Attached a screen shot as requested.

Screenshot_20231110_192902_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Edited by Haptain

While not a perm fix, we have found that some save files may have moved and you might have some success moving these back if they have. This will require you to connect your device to iTunes via a computer:

- Load up iTunes with the iOS device connected and click on the device icon in the toolbar.
    - From here click on File Sharing and then on the FM24 Mobile icon.
    - This will open up FM24 Mobile Documents in the right-hand window.
    -The saves folder can be identified as it has a name that is a 25-character-long alphanumeric string - If you have more than one user profile on Netflix you may see multiple folders so you may need to check each one to find the correct profile. (e.g. PFULBYHXJREHTDLIZWFRV7VQ6U).
    - Click on the folder with the 25-character-long string as a name and then click on [Save] and then select Desktop and click on [Select Folder].
    - This will download the entire folder to the user’s Desktop and the user can then use the device to help identify which save game they need to access in the folder.
    - Once complete, open the folder 'Games' and look for the save file in this main folder. Rename it to fmm_save_1 and then move it into a career folder such as career_1.
    - Go back to iTunes, select 'Add File' and choose the folder you downloaded to replace the original folder.
    - Load FM24 and you should be able to see your save

Note: This isn't guaranteed to work and it won't work if your saves haven't moved outside of the career folders.

33 minutes ago, Dan Sheppard said:

While not a perm fix, we have found that some save files may have moved and you might have some success moving these back if they have. This will require you to connect your device to iTunes via a computer:

- Load up iTunes with the iOS device connected and click on the device icon in the toolbar.
    -The saves folder can be identified as it has a name that is a 25-character-long alphanumeric string - If you have more than one user profile on Netflix you may see multiple folders so you may need to check each one to find the correct profile. (e.g. PFULBYHXJREHTDLIZWFRV7VQ6U).
    - Click on the folder with the 25-character-long string as a name and then click on [Save] and then select Desktop and click on [Select Folder].
    - This will download the entire folder to the user’s Desktop and the user can then use the device to help identify which save game they need to access in the folder.
    - Once complete, open the folder 'Games' and look for the save file in this main folder. Rename it to fmm_save_1 and then move it into a career folder such as career_1.
    - Go back to iTunes, select 'Add File' and choose the folder you downloaded to replace the original folder.

Note: This isn't guaranteed to work and it won't work if your saves haven't moved outside of the career folders.

I have Samsung S20+ as per one of my previous messages and do not have an iTunes accounts - is there a similar method for android?

4 hours ago, Haptain said:

I have Samsung S20+ as per one of my previous messages and do not have an iTunes accounts - is there a similar method for android?

Apologies, I believe most reports we've had through ticketing appear iOS-related. As for Android, if you follow the advice to Export saves on this page and then rename the files, then import them as per the same page, it should replicate what we've outlined for iOS.

The saves will appear inside the games folder, as opposed to the career folder if they are affected by what we've identified.

3 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Apologies, I believe most reports we've had through ticketing appear iOS-related. As for Android, if you follow the advice to Export saves on this page and then rename the files, then import them as per the same page, it should replicate what we've outlined for iOS.

The saves will appear inside the games folder, as opposed to the career folder if they are affected by what we've identified.

I'm unable to locate the saved games folder. I can locate the football manager folder but no directories that resemble saved games.

On 18/11/2023 at 12:49, Dan Robinson said:

Do we know what is happening with this? I was 4 seasons in and I’ve lost everything !!!

There will be some fixes coming as part of the next update, although if the saves are contained outside of the career folder which is related to this issue, following the steps earlier in this thread may recover them. If anyone on iOS has tried this and it's been successful, it would be good if you could confirm (It's not a guarantee in all cases).

On 17/11/2023 at 19:31, Haptain said:

I'm unable to locate the saved games folder. I can locate the football manager folder but no directories that resemble saved games.

Are you iOS or Android? 

1 minute ago, Dan Sheppard said:

There will be some fixes coming as part of the next update, although if the saves are contained outside of the career folder which is related to this issue, following the steps earlier in this thread may recover them. If anyone on iOS has tried this and it's been successful, it would be good if you could confirm (It's not a guarantee in all cases).

Are you iOS or Android? 

Android

I can locate the football manager folder but no directories that resemble saved games.

Are you able to share a picture of the file structure you are seeing?

As for other information that may be useful for us, can you answer the below:

• Have you attempted to access FM24 Mobile through more than 1 Netflix profile?
    • Have you previously exported any saves/careers to a folder before the saves were lost?
    • Have you performed an uninstall/reinstall of the app before the save was lost?

Those folders are only created when you export a save from the game using the in-game export option, if you havent exported your save it will be stored within the game files and will be inaccesible through any file manager.

2 minutes ago, TheHurricane said:

Those folders are only created when you export a save from the game using the in-game export option, if you havent exported your save it will be stored within the game files and will be inaccesible through any file manager.

Thanks. I raised this issue over 2 weeks ago and I've kind of lost interest to be honest. I've started a new game and I'm in my 4th season...

27 minutes ago, Haptain said:

Thanks. I raised this issue over 2 weeks ago and I've kind of lost interest to be honest. I've started a new game and I'm in my 4th season...

No problem, Save games are tied to your Netflix profile as well so if you launch the game under a different Netflix profile than the one you created your saves under none of your saves will appear.

Edited by TheHurricane

On 17/11/2023 at 11:44, Dan Sheppard said:

using ios 17.1.1

regarding that 2nd to last step, 'go back to itunes, select 'add file...' i can only add individual files, not folders so the only thing that can be done is adding the lost game save to the root level app folder for fm 24.

On 02/12/2023 at 08:23, doncandy86 said:

using ios 17.1.1

regarding that 2nd to last step, 'go back to itunes, select 'add file...' i can only add individual files, not folders so the only thing that can be done is adding the lost game save to the root level app folder for fm 24.

You should be able to drag and drop from your desktop I believe?