• Scouting (Recruitment focuses) doesn't work

zeza
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Scouting Glitch Save File Files Uploaded: Save Game

Hey there! Been playing for 200ish hours already and scouting doesn't seem to work for me.

I've loaded all leagues, detail level set at Continental, database players set as almost every option at every continent. 

So when I try to scout for 15-23 (Age), 5* Gray CA, 3* PA, my scouts doesn't seem to find ANYONE in ANY country. I'm attaching the game file as well as some screenshoots proving that I'm scouting a lot of countries at the same time.

image.png.6579a3588951821b88c149d8959b8366.png

image.png.2d3ca74733675e108066788ad5930016.pngimage.png.8b491e1101a799e239e1a04105e1ab67.png

image.png.43e6f8bb5cb698ab99c83bec2ea5e0a4.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff
    17 hours ago, Passion4FM said:

If this is how scouting has been altered for FM24, then it's the biggest mistake ever!

Interest has always been a factor in whether a player appears as a recommendation or not, it's been present since the introduction of recruitment focuses in FM23.

2 horas atrás, Zachary Whyte disse:

Interest has always been a factor in whether a player appears as a recommendation or not, it's been present since the introduction of recruitment focuses in FM23.

But we're saying that the players aren't even scouted Zach.

And if they are, they don't leave the "In Progress" tab. That's what's happening. 

5 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

It being a factor is fine and I don't think anyone is disputing that, but if it's a blocker on players being recommended at all then it's broken. Because U18 players from other nations will by default have zero interest in moving outside their country because of youth transfer rules, this suggests that if I'm managing Real Madrid there could be a 17 year old player in the 5th tier in Luxembourg with 200 CA and 200 PA and my scout assigned to players aged 17 in the Luxembourg 5th tier will not recommend him (or, as many of us seem to be experiencing, even compile a report on him) just because at that point in time he has no interest in signing for us. Surely that's not the design intent behind recruitment focuses? 

I can understand if a player gets a lower recommendation grade due to no interest in joining us. BUT if scouts doesnt even bother creating a scout report or watch the player because of this, then it works against us - especially for montoring the progress of U21s... Zachary has already said there will be some changes for Winter patch, so fingers crossed SI have understood the problem

18 minutos atrás, Passion4FM disse:

BUT if scouts doesnt even bother creating a scout report or watch the player because of this, then it works against us - especially for montoring the progress of U21s... Zachary has already said there will be some changes for Winter patch, so fingers crossed SI have understood the problem

Yeah, I hope that they fix it altogether to be honest. 

Because A - Focuses don't find the players
    B - when they do, the players don't get recommended
    C - or they vanish completely from the reports even when they fit our parameters.

Not being interested is not the issue here imo

16 hours ago, zeza said:

Yeah, I hope that they fix it altogether to be honest. 

Because A - Focuses don't find the players
    B - when they do, the players don't get recommended
    C - or they vanish completely from the reports even when they fit our parameters.

Not being interested is not the issue here imo

Agree with this. I don't think the issue is the logic of what goes into a recommendation.

The test save I was running only found 30 more players in England in 4+ months+ of scouting. Out of 500+ PL players my scouts have only found 30 players beyond whatever default players appeared despite there being roughly 180 games played in the PL between August and December. That can't be right. Not at least in the way the game has worked in the past with recruitment focuses. I can understand if there was a goal to tone down how effective a scout was at finding every player. But if that's the case someone turned the dial past 11 on this one.

the toning down effectiveness argument doesn't hold up for me. Scouts will still work as they did before if you use player search, highlight some number of players, and ask for reports. It begs the question, if the intent of scouting is to do this - why even bother with focuses or assigning scouts to anything other than next opponent (As an aside that task alone should generate reports on players in your scouting center? I thought the purposes of focuses was to do this in an organic way. If playing with fog of war on how could you possibly known what player attributes are or filter effectively if players haven't been already scouted?

There's something in between setting the focus parameters and the scout returning with scouted players that seems to be disconnected. I have to think that this was an unintended consequence of changing something else. And the reason there hasn't been a patch prior is due to the fact that they've had to untangle the desired change with this one rather than revert the code back to what it was prior to December. At least that's my hope.

I'd take the 24.2.1 Match Engine with the 24.0 or 24.1 core gameplay if this can't be fixed in the upcoming series of patches rather than rely on gamey player searches to scout.

11 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

It begs the question, if the intent of scouting is to do this - why even bother with focuses or assigning scouts to anything other than next opponent (As an aside that task alone should generate reports on players in your scouting center? I thought the purposes of focuses was to do this in an organic way. If playing with fog of war on how could you possibly known what player attributes are or filter effectively if players haven't been already scouted?

I haven't played in several weeks because the scouting was too frustrating, but playing in Denmark, I was going through and scouting individual games in Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Assigning scouts to individual games day by day is tedious, but I found that I got much better results this way. I don't know what changed with scouting, because I wasn't having this trouble when FM24 was first released (though I was playing with an imported save, so not sure if that has anything to do with it.). So yeah, it's tedious...but at the same time it can be kind of fun. Granted, I only have four scouts and am only allowed to scout northern Europe, so it doesn't take too long. If you have a dozen scouts and can scout all of Europe or the entire world, that would be extremely annoying.

1 minute ago, StatboySpurs said:

I haven't played in several weeks because the scouting was too frustrating, but playing in Denmark, I was going through and scouting individual games in Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Assigning scouts to individual games day by day is tedious, but I found that I got much better results this way. I don't know what changed with scouting, because I wasn't having this trouble when FM24 was first released (though I was playing with an imported save, so not sure if that has anything to do with it.). So yeah, it's tedious...but at the same time it can be kind of fun. Granted, I only have four scouts and am only allowed to scout northern Europe, so it doesn't take too long. If you have a dozen scouts and can scout all of Europe or the entire world, that would be extremely annoying.

Its untenable with a team like Man Utd who have ~30 scouts. I think the game limit is upper teens for everyone else (another thing that makes me laugh is you can't replace scouts as they retire at Man Utd). I want to play the game not spend 20 minutes figuring out where to send scouts before I press continue every time. That's what recruiting focuses are for. Outside of just experimenting with the ME and different teams and play styles there's nothing to play for beyond 1 season because you can't possibly build a team with what gets returned organically. I'm having fun doing it b/c I wouldn't do it otherwise but I've had to put any long term ideas on hold because I've only got so much time and I don't want to spend it micromanaging scouts to that degree. It's already tedious enough assigning them manually to focuses to set and forget for a while.

You definitely do get recommendations for players without any interest. I've had U18 players get recommended to me (or at least show up in the scouted players section). 

At this point, I've just turned over scouting to the AI. It seems to work better when they do it, for whatever reason, although they do create some bonkers focuses. 

Hey everyone. I might've found a fix.

I removed all Focuses and added them again but this time I DIDN'T SELECT ANY ANALYSTS FOR THE FOCUS

And guess what? The focuses filled up with players. So I THINK the issue is with the Analysts not working, so leave that to be automatic.

I will report back if it glitches again but for 2 months I have a new influx of players.

4 hours ago, zeza said:

I removed all Focuses and added them again but this time I DIDN'T SELECT ANY ANALYSTS FOR THE FOCUS

And guess what? The focuses filled up with players. So I THINK the issue is with the Analysts not working, so leave that to be automatic.

I will report back if it glitches again but for 2 months I have a new influx of players.

When I leave the analyst assignments as automatic, every recruitment focus is assigned to only ONE analyst. I have 12 going right now and I've had to assign the analysts manually because the auto feature is determined to overwork just one analyst and give the other 13 analysts a long holiday.

28 minutos atrás, tezcatlipoca665 disse:

When I leave the analyst assignments as automatic, every recruitment focus is assigned to only ONE analyst. I have 12 going right now and I've had to assign the analysts manually because the auto feature is determined to overwork just one analyst and give the other 13 analysts a long holiday.

Honestly I didn't find it to be an issue, the reports came normally even with that being a thing. I don't know if they coded it wrong but it feels like the only working timeline is the Scout's.

So I don't think that it's an issue to overload an analyst (it should be but it's a way to scout)

7 hours ago, zeza said:

Yeah this hasn't worked for me. I've gotten a couple reports but nothing like the volume I'd expect. When you say you didn't select an analyst you mean you just left it on Any?

2 minutos atrás, wazzaflow10 disse:

When you say you didn't select an analyst you mean you just left it on Any?

Yes, I redid all the scouting focuses but didn't select any analyst, didn't even open the menu, just selected my scouts and it worked somehow. Try to delete all the focuses and do that method, it might work.

Edited by zeza

4 minutes ago, zeza said:

Yes, I redid all the scouting focuses but didn't select any analyst, didn't even open the menu, just selected my scouts and it worked somehow. Try to delete all the focuses and do that method, it might work.

yeah deleted all that. but did open the menu. but left the any analyst checked.

This is what I have in progress so far after a few days. Got assigned to an analyst after the fact. Certainly better I guess. I'll be curious if any of them actually show up in the players scouted. I don't know if I'd call it fixed but I'll try another one.

image.thumb.png.c5536e31cc2995e2f50cf1b805a9ccdb.png

Agora, wazzaflow10 disse:

This is what I have in progress so far after a few days. Got assigned to an analyst after the fact

It does assign automatically to one analyst (always the same). 

I don't know how it's in English but try to make it a permanent report (not urgent/normal) so the scouts have time as well.

1 hour ago, zeza said:

I don't know how it's in English but try to make it a permanent report (not urgent/normal) so the scouts have time as well.

Ongoing is the english variant. The white colored focus is what you mean I think. not Blue (standard) or Yellow (Top)

13 hours ago, zeza said:

Yeah not sure this is entirely working as it should even with these adjustments. It's definitely "better" in the sense of it make works 10% of the way. None of the players that are in progress in the focus are listed in the scout priority screen. So that seems super odd to me.

I also did a manual search and that returns some players. Seems like 4 a week is what they can handle when manually selecting. The whole core function just seems broken right now.

Just now, wazzaflow10 said:

Yeah not sure this is entirely working as it should even with these adjustments. It's definitely "better" in the sense of it make works 10% of the way. None of the players that are in progress in the focus are listed in the scout priority screen. So that seems super odd to me.

I also did a manual search and that returns some players. Seems like 4 a week is what they can handle when manually selecting. The whole core function just seems broken right now.

typo make should be maybe

Em 23/02/2024 em 13:30, wazzaflow10 disse:

It's definitely "better" in the sense of it make works 10% of the way

Yeah, I changed clubs and it broke again, even without selecting the analysts. Let's hope next week's update fixes it, but if I could guess and with Zachary's comments about the issue, I'm not very sure that they'll fix it, as if it was something widespread, they've sent out a hotfix..

3 minutes ago, zeza said:

Yeah, I changed clubs and it broke again, even without selecting the analysts. Let's hope next week's update fixes it, but if I could guess and with Zachary's comments about the issue, I'm not very sure that they'll fix it, as if it was something widespread, they've sent out a hotfix..

In the 15 odd years I've been playing via steam I don't think I've ever really seen a true gameplay hotfix. I have a hard time believing that this isn't in everyone's game. I was playing pure vanilla version and it broke. Given the number of people who come into the general discussion forum and say something I'm inclined to believe that if you pay attention to scouting you'd notice.

1 minuto atrás, wazzaflow10 disse:

I'm inclined to believe that if you pay attention to scouting you'd notice.

The thing is I don't see major streamers like Zealand speaking about this, I don't know if they don't scout as often or with the same methods as us here (they probably player search), but it's something that I've never seen except from this thread here and some comments in general discussion. 

1 hour ago, zeza said:

The thing is I don't see major streamers like Zealand speaking about this, I don't know if they don't scout as often or with the same methods as us here (they probably player search), but it's something that I've never seen except from this thread here and some comments in general discussion. 

Ok so here's a crazy thing. I went and re-verified the game files in steam. Everything came back clean though. Started a brand new game with Chelsea again. No added files or anything. Deleted all the original recruiting focuses. Set up my own in the same way you said to and I got 100 new players in a month of scouting from just two focuses in England and Spain.

This is bizarre.

@Zachary Whyte

Hey Zachary,

Could you explain to me why the DOF is filing scouting reports? I don't have a focus set up for Italy but Osimen shows up in my players scouted due to Winstanley scouting him. Is there a secondary scouting mechanic?

image.png.dcdc4e1d948b365a63e470d71710c23f.png

I have a question for the fellow players in here: How do you even play the game with this broken? I haven't played the game for about 2 months now and am checking this thread daily, assuming it would be solved within a couple of days. But since it has been so long, I really want to play the game again. 
    Do you all just go to the search option and manually click players to be scouted, and then come back after a while?