• Player controlled GK are still Exstremely bad, and get really low ratings

Hoffbeck
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Human controlled GK are really bad Files Uploaded: Save Game, None

The titel sums it up

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@Zachary Whyte and others.... Seriously how can you keep on ignoring this? As mentioned, the game is unplayable, from a realism point of view. Some of your loyal costumers through a lot of years, stopped playing the game because of this, and you just dont give a ****.. Ridiculous! 

I'm gonna jump in on this topic. As I've read this topic and are focusing on the gameplay if this is true or not. Safe to say, I'm experiencing the exact same issues as @Hoffbeck.

I recently moved away from Genoa to Atlanta in my save. I was a mid table side with Genoa and Atalanta is currently 2nd in the league. They declared they're interested in me and I made the move.

I experienced similar thing with Genoa, but I was a bit cautious, as that team wasn't far from excellent in comparison to the rest of the league. You win some games, you lose some.
    With Atalanta, these are the first 3 matches we have since my take over: Empoli (18th in the league), Sassuolo (14th in the league) & Como (20th in the league).

So far, I've played Empoli and Sassuolo. I know for a fact that bottom half teams in the league don't have a very good morale as they lose most of their games. In those 2 matches, I've faced 3 shots on target. How many goals did we concede? Right, 3 goals.

Notice in the video. I'm playing a lower side in the league. It's their first and only shot on target > goal. An xG of 0.07. Before I took over at Atalanta, they conceded 7 goals in 12 league games. How is it possible that when you manage a team, you suddenly concede goals from almost every single shot you face? It's pretty frustrating now...

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

If you are talking about keep trying to make SI not ignore this problem with the match engine, then i guess you are right

2 shots from outside the box, combined xG of 0.18, both straight down the middle of the goal, keeper unable to save these easy shots. I'd say about half the goals I concede are shots straight down the keepers throat, from distance, and they simply let them in.

crapkeppers.png

crapkeppers2.png

It's laughable at the moment. Played 4 'top' teams in Italy. We scored 0 goals in 11 shots in target, a combined xG of 4,68.

Why are AI goalkeepers f*ing god tier every time you face them. Why do you shoot every game on the crossbar or the post (I've made a topic about it, but no one seems to care).

We conceded 4 goals in a combined xG of 2,71. Oh and the 1-0 loss against AS Roma was an own goal of course, which my keeper let in very easily. Standing still watching the ball go in

Schermafbeelding2024-03-25om18_38_43.png.728589349859981e8a316d3b925d411f.png

Schermafbeelding2024-03-25om18_39_09.png.19019c5accb941caba75a80113d46deb.pngSchermafbeelding2024-03-25om18_39_22.png.7b50662e7a3611d5b7511b455a85c5b5.pngSchermafbeelding2024-03-25om18_39_32.png.2af180ece0a7c62584e613cec1bdd895.png

R16 in the Europa League against Getafe. 6 shots faced, 5 goals against. 16 shots fired on target for Atalanta, 6 goals.
    Luckily we have some kind of form attacking wise, otherwise we would have been eliminated by an horrendous goalkeeper.

Also check his form. What a coincidence that he doesn't perform against bigger opponents. Especially that he has both of these traits: consistent performer and enjoyes playing big matches. Biggest joke I've ever seen honestly. Blud disappears every big game. 

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-03-27 om 23.22.20.png

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-03-27 om 23.22.30.png

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-03-27 om 23.23.37.png

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-03-27 om 23.26.53.png

First shot on target for the opponent > goal

Schermafbeelding2024-03-28om21_39_55.png.a54132ac21162bc0b955e8affeb343bd.png

Schermafbeelding2024-03-28om21_39_44.png.26716fcf9f7d8633be061457b8a1ae49.png

Schermafbeelding2024-03-28om22_06_28.png.8f5ed390c7cfc6ad33cbf35aa42aabfa.png

Edited by JariSkamp

On 24/03/2024 at 05:40, CFuller said:

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Not only is that patently untrue, honestly it's not remotely accurate.  But additionally, we've been told so many times to report examples and demonstrate the problem.  This is devoid of purpose.

This thread has long run its course, and SI really should have nipped it in the bud a long time ago. It really should have been closed after Santy and Rashidi explained very clearly that it doesn't happen in everyone's saves, and that player-controlled goalkeepers can overperform too.

But as ever, it's an arrogant and very vocal minority who insist that their experience of the game screwing them over is the same as everyone else's. What we have here is a bunch of self-entitled whining crybabies who will not take any responsibility for their decisions, and will literally blame SI and FM for every bad thing that happens in their saves.

They WILL NOT accept the fact - which has NEVER been disproven - that the ME cannot tell the difference between AI and human.

They WILL NOT consider the possibility that it might be their tactics leaving their defences vulnerable.

They WILL NOT bother to understand what "expected goals" really means. It's NOT how many goals a team should have scored in a game.

It's one thing that they will stick their fingers in their ears going "la la la I'm not listening la la la". But when their language turns into passive aggression towards the developers, and they get hostile towards any person who even dares to counter their arguments... that's not acceptable.

That should not be acceptable on these forums. But it appears that in 2024, abusive behaviour towards developers and other users isn't just tolerated on the SI Community - it's actively encouraged. And if this is the road SI and their (ahem) moderators are happy to go down, then it's not a community I want to be involved in anymore.

For the record, I did have problems with underperforming goalkeepers on my last FM24 save - with a team that was comfortably the best in the Polish 4th division. It wasn't that extreme (our shot conversion rate was actually higher than our opponents') but I was worried enough that I sought advice on the tactics forum. Our struggles were not because my tactics were too aggressive - if anything, I was perhaps too conservative.

Their advice helped, but not enough. I gave up on FM24, just as I'm about to give up on this toxic SI community.

Edited by CFuller

• SI Staff

I'm going to lock this thread as it's going nowhere and starting to get toxic.

@Hoffbeck as mentioned by myself, several mods and CFuller there are no differences between human & AI Goalkeepers.

You've given us plenty of PKMs to look through which can be used for future development, but we're happy with how GKs are working in FM24.

This is now closed for further comments