• Player controlled GK are still Exstremely bad, and get really low ratings

Hoffbeck
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Human controlled GK are really bad Files Uploaded: Save Game, None

The titel sums it up

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 08/02/2024 at 10:24, Hoffbeck said:

Replayed the match

Happy thursday SI, and thank you for keep ignoring us!

@Zachary Whyte

image.png.8357c1969b81473228bbb1334d361f75.png

I mean, this one is pretty accurate. You conceded truly massive chances of huge quality. Your .xG is almost equal but that's from 10 shots. This one is roughly fair.

• SI Staff

Hi there

I've only just seen this thread, but as someone who works on the match engine I can categorially inform everyone that the ME doesn't calculate differently based on if the GK is a human GK or an AI GK.

If you are experiencing a massive disconnect between your GK's performance and the opponent's on a regular basis there will be other factors at play for this. 

5 hours ago, Jack Sarahs said:

Hi there

I've only just seen this thread, but as someone who works on the match engine I can categorially inform everyone that the ME doesn't calculate differently based on if the GK is a human GK or an AI GK.

If you are experiencing a massive disconnect between your GK's performance and the opponent's on a regular basis there will be other factors at play for this. 

Thank you for the reply.

I would agree with you that others factors are at play if it werent for the fact that results like these are exstremely commen when you are the dominating teams.

Because it happens so often it leads to a lot of frustation.

image.png.fd0b92415f2c7c33523e9c0e9041f221.png

Silkeborg IF v FC Nordsjælland.pkm

Some stats that involved the number 1 and number 2 teams in my save when it comes to goalkeepers (both teams are human controlled as this is a network game): 

21fa5b810f61e42e0205dff3669f2430.png

f761ffa607d2d6b9f942bf736acb12ec.png

Both of my goalkeepers are scoring positively on expected goals prevented there. Third placed Diogo Costa also belongs to a human manager as this is a network save. My first choice keeper got a prevented 7.72 in 29 games:

b7c938ec203fa61054a08790166534c1.png

At a certain point if you keep experiencing the same pattern of conceding more than you'd expect, conceding soft goals then your team building and tactical approach leave something to be desired. This is why managers get sacked in football, despite the reasoning the manager provides it simply becomes unacceptable to let them continue and performing in such a manner. 

12 hours ago, santy001 said:

Some stats that involved the number 1 and number 2 teams in my save when it comes to goalkeepers (both teams are human controlled as this is a network game): 

21fa5b810f61e42e0205dff3669f2430.png

f761ffa607d2d6b9f942bf736acb12ec.png

Both of my goalkeepers are scoring positively on expected goals prevented there. Third placed Diogo Costa also belongs to a human manager as this is a network save. My first choice keeper got a prevented 7.72 in 29 games:

b7c938ec203fa61054a08790166534c1.png

At a certain point if you keep experiencing the same pattern of conceding more than you'd expect, conceding soft goals then your team building and tactical approach leave something to be desired. This is why managers get sacked in football, despite the reasoning the manager provides it simply becomes unacceptable to let them continue and performing in such a manner. 

This is a game. A game of number, based on numbers, and run by numbers. 

If i as a manager can not trust these numbers, and use stats as XG and XGprevented as guidence to judge how my goal keeper are performing. then what i am i to do?

If an XG per shot is 0,10 i would assume that the XG for that shot would be as likely to go in, in any tactical set up. And that is the problem here. If am to trust the numbers, and the numbers show a huge underperformance for human goalkeeper, it doest matter what my tactical set up is. A shot of an XG 0,1 should have a 10 % chance of going in. But as all the screenshot and stats show, when it comes to the AI, it doest seem to apply.

(14 games into the next season and the same picture is unfoulding)

image.thumb.png.4dcc81944a603ea8ff3bd1eacebbdbda.png

Edited by Hoffbeck

My point is my numbers show great performance from human managed goalkeepers. Therefore it's more likely that it's an issue with how you set up recruit players than the game. 

Well it is an issue for you to address as the manager as its confirmed not to be an issue. 

You are missing the point. I actually dont care about the numbers in your save, or if you play with a different tactic.

If my problem really is because of my tactic, this opens up a big can of worms. Because if it is my tactic that is at fault, that means that the XG stats doest solely depend on the actual XG of the shot. It will then depend on the tactic used when that shot is taking. That is a problem. Because then you cant trust the numbers.

A xg shot 0f 0.1 should be the same no matter if you play a 4-4-2 or a 1-1-8.

If my tactic allowed the AI a lot of 0,1 chances i agree it is a tactic issue. But it doest not, and that is the whole issue here

Edited by Hoffbeck

in this test my goal keeper is 200CA and the AI keeper is 79CA..... and it is still the same. 1 shot on goal = 1 goal the one shot on target this time had a xg of 0,2 - so i know the counter arguemtn would be those shots should "always" go in

image.png.12c1b153b2374ca5f7d87f03b46463b8.png

image.png.3bc0cfb893683569efd188e2182985e4.png

image.png.be52256b674184c3d07ee51ebe001e47.png

Here is the thing with xG, it is an informative guide. However, it is a guide only and not a definitive outcome. The game isn't bound by this in any way, just as real life football is not bound by it in any way. You can finish a match with an xG of 5 and score 0 in real life, you can finish a game with an xG of less than 1 and score a handful of goals. 

You're conceding soft/poor goals in your games, that is all the numbers show. That's your failing as a manager. 

There's no real reason to lock this thread from a moderating perspective, but for your own benefit really I just want to highlight that this particular issue has been reviewed and it has been flagged as information has been provided by SI. Which it has through the confirmation its not an issue. You're welcome to keep posting but unless you provide anything substantially different in material terms to what you have done previously then the position for SI is almost absolutely certain to remain unchanged. 

These aren't issues I am facing. which definitely suggests that the issue causing your keeper to underperform lie elsewhere.

Historically my keeper has performed well. Over time our team got better.

Historical.thumb.png.4c0e73b3997c5b4d7c6add19d1e6fe28.png

This season he has been performing well above expectations

SeasonStats.thumb.png.4602a92d8047122f06de95278ed8b5be.png

I do expect my keepers to have at least 76% save ratio and his are well above that with a good expected goals prevented number too, and if you look at the rest of the keepers, the top sides in my league are all showing keepers doing well.
    ExpectedGoalsPrevented.thumb.png.a3ae65ca462c51a500ee881bbb36f7b0.png

SavePercentage.thumb.png.65c448eb9aa10a1ce363b12c3af7c6ba.png

The coach reports on my keeper also tell the same story.

KeeperPerformances.thumb.png.8632e2e8d16b8bd80e4694eb09ae2840.png

Keeping clean sheets are also not an issue.
    Domination2.thumb.png.decfda917b73c2346b5a51536da6f13e.png

A lot of this is down to how my tactical system is set up and more importantly how I react during games to what the opposition are doing. My game is reactive, if I see the AI making a role change, I will react. Its not difficult to do that. I am not advocating changing your tactic to something else, but recognising when the AI has made a change and how you can adapt. Things I have done include:
    1. Maintaining my system but changing my DM from RPM to DM
    2. Using OIs to shut down threats
    3. Doing substitution changes tactically.

We have some of the highest possession in the game and we also lead the league in possession won which shows how well we dominate games. And even when we dominate so comprehensively we hardly give away any quality shots against us.

PossessionWon.thumb.png.69deac022afe6d44e84b7178e277512c.png

Possession.thumb.png.5cb7a7a47fe7bd71dd68577b29570735.png

Now if these are the numbers my keeper is generating which are completely different to the OPs then the issue cannot be match engine related.

Keep fighting the good fight mate, I'm so happy to see this thread and that I'm not alone - this is a clear issue, our GKs are close to useless and let in most shots. 

I keep repeating a sentence during matches: "one highlight, one shot, one goal.", of course when the opposition scores. I'm on my 13th season and it's been like this always, whether my team was average or now that we are back to back CL champions.

I need several highlights (key) to score, the opposition needs 1 or 2 maximum. The only matches I keep a clean sheet is when there are no highlights for the opposition. The opposition consistently outperforms their xG, doesn't matter if they're Real Madrid or the team from the pub down the road. 

I still dominate but the "resistance" feels fabricated. The AI is incredibly more effective than the human controlled players who, in turn, are wasteful. If you can't see it, i have some DVD rewinders to sell you. 

I know that this is pointless by now, since the last update it out and no changes has been made to the match engine. Which means that all of the bug post by loyal buying costumers since the last update has just been one big waste of costumers time. The match engine for fm25 is brand new, so all the bug post for fm 24 will just be ignored.

It a shame that SI treat us like this.

I admit that from now on all of these post will be in spite and frustation of how all of this has been handled

image.png.503a3d72533b85021f42b14c8f64e9c4.png

Randers FC v FC Nordsjælland.pkm

This is now closed for further comments