• Amount of goals

skiante
    • Public Status: Info Provided Save Game: Paulo Henrique Schiante Neto - Palmeiras.fm Files Uploaded: Save Game

The match engine we're playing so far it's been one of the best of all times, if wasn't for this small problem, i would say that is perfect.

Some people have been commenting about this on the discussion on the general Forum but i didn't see anybody post it on the bugs session

Apparently the total amount of goals in this match engine is a bit high, here are a example (sorry for some portuguese prints).

This is the best defenses on the Brazilian league so far (28 games played)

image.png.515b84689edd4f433ceb919f02563ed6.png

Botafogo 17 goals in 28 matches = 0,60 average
    Atletico-MG 21 goals in 28 matches = 0,75 average
    Palmeiras 24 goals in 27matches = 0,88 average
    Cruzeiro 24 goals in 28 matches = 0,85 average
    Bragantino 24 goals in 27 matches = 0,88 average

And this is the stats of my save:

image.png.67e53ab565c8f7a3cc871c8c683a3650.png

Flamengo 20 goals in 21 matches = 0,95 average
    Palmeiras 25 goals in 23 matches = 1,08 average
    Cuiabá 28 goals in 23 matches = 1,21 average
    Internacional 32 goals in 22 matches = 1,45 average
    Cruzeiro 33 goals in 22 matches = 1,5 average

Top 5 average in real life: 0,79

Top 5 average in FM: 1,23

An increase of 36%, just on the top 5 of the league.

I would appreciate if SI could look at that and rebalance the ME.

Seems to me that the attacking way more intelligently than the defense

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same issue In my saves. Really a lot of 5-3, 6-2 etc.

Went back to FM23, and really hope that This Will be fixed, and that you dont listen to all the people, who Just thinks that the game is more entertaining with all these goals. Its not! What i want, is realism

On 18/11/2023 at 13:02, Anders J said:

Went back to FM23, and really hope that This Will be fixed, and that you dont listen to all the people, who Just thinks that the game is more entertaining with all these goals. Its not! What i want, is realism

I completely agree

On 18/11/2023 at 13:02, Anders J said:

Yeah I'm seeing a lot of those high-scoring games, much more than previous FM editions

Would be nice to know, if this is something you are looking to correct In the next Update? The game is unplayable as Long as opponents are scoring on almost every single shot on goal. And its such a shame because the match engine has really improved a lot In general this year!

This is still under review hehe? 

At a game now again, v Granada. 25 min and alrdy 4-0 up, 4 goals by Vinicius! -_- 

Ended 6-1 with a plus 5 xG lol. 

Added photo of the last games! ... 

:onmehead:

goals.png

Edited by f.zaarour

• SI Staff

Hello, yes goals will be lower following the ME changes as a result of defensive improvements and a number of match engine fixes.

For example in the Premier League, total goals per game went from around 3.1 per game to about 2.84 which should hopefully be a pretty good balance.

Just to add some real life context the Goals per game for the Premier League last season was 2.85 

This season with a smaller sample size (and the new added time change which people sometimes forget to factor in) is currently 3.11 in real life. This may drop over the season but that's the current number.